Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 9 - Depends

The guys weren’t around for breakfast today. It was something that I was sad yet thankful for. I was sad because well, I miss their company, and thankful because that meant Jacob wouldn’t be here as well. I didn’t really feel like talking to him for a while, I was still pretty confused…

“Jade, are you ready for school?” Emily asked through my door.

“Yea, I’m just getting my shoes on.” I replied.

“Okay, well, breakfast is ready, come down within five minutes to eat or else you’ll be late.”

I heard her footsteps fade away and I began to brush my hair, getting the knots and tangles out. I grabbed my books and my back pack and headed out of my room and downstairs.

I placed my things down next to the chair and sat down as I served myself from the plates that were on the table. Emily sat down and handed me a glass of juice, and she drank from her cup of coffee.

“So what happened yesterday?” She asked.

“Jacob kissed me,” I replied, and I could see through the corner of my eye that she was smiling from ear to ear, although she tried to hide it behind her mug.

“And you don’t like him back or…?”

“I like him back…” I sighed. “It’s just that… ugh, he’s just so confusing. After it he kind of rushed me back and I thought that he didn’t want the kiss, like he thought it was a mistake or something. Then when I wake up at like three in the morning he’s here and he tells me that timing’s bad and that he just wants to be friends…” I took a sip of my juice and turned to her. “What the hell is this supposed to mean?”

“Well, Jade, Jake’s going through some things right now…” she said. “A few things have come up. He’s going to be acting weird for a while.”

“That’s fine; I just don’t want to be led on like I was yesterday…”

She nodded in understanding. Chris then came downstairs sluggishly, and sat at the table. Emily and I stared at him weirdly.

“Chris, are you alright?” Emily inquired.

“Mhm…” He mumbled as he took a bite out of the eggs that were on his plate.

She, obviously not believing him, stood up and walked over to him, placing her hand on his forehead. “My god, Chris… you’re burning up…!” She stared at him in shock. “That’s it; you’re not going to school. You’re staying home today.” She declared. “Jade can you drive yourself to school?”

I nodded eagerly.

Emily disappeared in the kitchen and returned with a new set of keys. “Here, these are the keys to the new car that your dad bought for you. It came last night when you were asleep.”

I smiled and nodded. I finished my breakfast and then said my goodbyes as I left out the door.

I stopped walking as the car that my dad bought greeted my eyes. I was awestruck! My dad knew that Chris and I were in love with the classic cars. It was a sleek, black ’68 Charger RT, and it looked as good as new!

I practically skipped over to it, got into the driver’s seat and put my things on the floor next to me. I smiled widely as I put the key into the ignition and started it up. The engine sounded great too! I put the car in drive and then pressed the gas. The car glided forward smoothly and I squealed. It was too good to be true…! If you haven’t noticed, yes, I am in love with this car.

-{}-

I walked into my first class of the day, Honors English, and sat down in my normal seat next to Kim.

“Hey Kim,” I greeted.

“Hey Jade, guess what I just heard!”

I stared at her for a moment; it had to have been something really good because she was smiling the biggest I’ve ever seen. “I give up, what?”

“We have another transfer student! There’s no real word on where he’s from, but all they girls are saying he’s quite the eye candy.” She winked suggestively.

“Hey, hey, you have Jared,” I laughed.

“I know, but it’s not like he can’t know what I’m thinking. What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” She giggled.

“You’re horrible at being faithful,” I joked.

First period ended in no time at all, and I was then heading towards Murphy’s class. I walked in and sat at my usual seat, people bustled into the room, chit chatting about anything and sat at their seats as the bell commenced. I got out my papers and outlines so I would be able to take more notes on his lectures. The door opened. I fought the urge to look up and continued to focus on finding my missing sheets.

“Alright Blake, just go on and sit next to Jade right in the back for now until we get you a permanent seat.” Mr. Murphy spoke.

'The transfer student,' I thought, my eyes betraying me and flooding upwards towards the front of the class.

“Jade, raise your hand,”

I did so and the transfer student looked like he couldn’t be happier. He walked gracefully over and I took everything in about him.

He was different I’ll give him that. I guess what made him stick out was that he was clean cut… unlike every other guy around here. He had chestnut brown hair that stuck upwards naturally, mysterious brown eyes that made me want to stare at him for a while and try to figure him out, and a perfectly shaped face. Not to mention his figure was top notch. I could imagine him having a nice body under his clothes—

'Don’t think like that, Jade!' I scolded. 'You’re absolutely not hitting on the new transfer!'

I looked down, trying to refocus all my attention on school…

Like that was going to happen anytime soon…!

He sat down next to me and I could feel his eyes on me. “Hello, my name’s Blake Forester, I’m the new transfer student.” He smiled.

“I can see that,” I nodded, giving a small smile to not seem rude. “Nice to meet you.”

“The pleasure’s all mine, I’m sure,”

He was playing the gentleman card… nice. I simply smiled to his response. “Here, you’re going to need these lecture notes to copy. We have a test every Friday and he lets us use the notes we take.” I shoved my papers onto his desk and got out some new sheets to take more notes on today’s lecture.

At least I was attempting to not be hypnotized by his charm unlike all the other girls in the room.

He seemed a bit confused, almost shocked, but acted like he was thankful. “Thanks…” He mumbled. “Jade, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but would it be alright if I joined you and your friends at nutrition and lunch so I don’t look like a loner? I’m afraid of asking anyone else because well, the girls are eyeing me and so are the guys, just not in the good way. You’re the only person who’s treated me like I’m not someone to eye rape.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. I didn’t think there’d be too much of a problem to let him join us. “Yea, sure…” I nodded.

“Great, thanks a lot.”

Class ended and I led Blake towards where we usually meet up. Kim was standing there all alone. It looked sad to see her without Jared’s arm wrapped around her shoulders like usual.

“Kim,” I called.

She looked up and saw me, she instantly smiled. “Hey Jade,”

“Kim, this is Blake Forester, he’s the new transfer student.”

She nodded in understanding. “Hi Blake, welcome to La Push.”

“Thanks, it’s a nice change of scenery from my old place.”

We got to know each other a bit more and things fell into place. It was like we hadn’t just met Blake, it was like we were all old friends.

-{}-

My paws pounded against the floor, the leaves crunching and rustling around me with every step I took.

'Any leads yet?' Sam asked.

'None,' we all replied.

'We need to catch this thing fast before it attacks someone…' Sam growled. 'Pick up the pace, and spread out a bit more.'

'Sam, if I go any further, I’ll be close to the school.' I declared.

'You know what, Jacob? Go to the school, see if there’s any activity there.'

'Alright,' I sped up and with that, I was hurtling towards the campus.

Thousands of smells were becoming more evident as I neared school grounds. One stood out and I smiled, my long dog tongue sticking out with happiness. Then another one popped up, my smile dropped immediately, and my heart rate accelerated.

'I smell him! He’s near the school!'

'Okay, Jacob, don’t get yourself seen!'

I stopped at the tree line but was a few feet back. Everyone was leaving seeing as the bell had just rang. Cars were piling out of the parking lot, but none of which were Sam’s truck.

Where was she? Where was Jade?

I finally saw her emerge from the crowd with Kim and I smiled. The rest of the pack joined me and Jared and I watched our imprints’ actions closely.

A figure ran up to them and we all growled lowly.

There he was… that damned leech! He walked in between Kim and Jade like nothing was wrong. I thought about going out, pouncing on him and ripping him apart one limb at a time. Sam ordered me to dismiss that thought immediately and control myself, I couldn’t risk exposing us.

'I can’t just let her walk with him!'

'Me either, that leech might hurt Kim!' Jared agreed.

'There’s nothing we can do. There’s way too many people.' Sam demanded.

'You’d go busting through him if it were Emily…!' I retorted.

'Jacob, shut up!'

Jade yelped and my head snapped towards her. She took away her hand and started laughing, Kim joined along happily.

“Here’s my ride,” Kim called as a car stopped right by them. “Talk to you guys tomorrow.”
They both waved goodbye as the car drove away. Jared relaxed beside me.

“Here, let me walk you to your car,” He offered.

“Okay, thanks,”

The two of them began to walk towards the back of the parking lot. They came to a black Charger and stopped walking.

“Nice car,” He admired. “Very nice.”

“Thanks, my dad just bought it for my brother and me. I’m sure it cost him an arm and a leg.” She said. “So, where’s your ride?”

“It’s coming, just a few minutes away,”

“Oh, well, I’ve gotta get going. I offered to help with dinner tonight.”

“Alright,” he flashed a smile as he opened her door for her. She smiled and got in, and he closed the door after her leg was inside. “Have a safe trip, Jade.”

“I’ll see ya tomorrow, Blake.” She started up the engine and waved. “Bye.”

“Bye,” He waved as the car pulled out and drove away.

I felt myself become more at ease as she drove farther away from him. I couldn’t, however, seem to stop my increasing anger and rage.

The leech turned around and faced all the pack, winked with a smirk, and then disappeared into the forest. We could hear him running away. The fucking monster…

'Jacob, go follow Jade home. We’ll track this guy.' Sam ordered.

I wanted to go with them to help rip him apart, but another part of me wanted to be with Jade and make sure she was completely alright. I finally nodded before I set off towards the house.

I was running along side her car, making sure not to be seen, and occasionally I would take a few side glances at Jade and take in everything about her—the way her hair seemed to dance around her face with the wind blowing it, her eyes glimmering with happiness, and her never ceasing smile that seemed to take my mind off of everything bad.

She pulled up to the porch and cut the engine. I disappeared into the trees, and reemerged wearing my usual denim shorts. I walked into the house, saying hello to Emily and made my way up to Jade’s room.

I knocked and poked my head inside. “Hey,” I smiled.

She looked up from the bed and sent a small smile back. “Um, hey, why weren’t you in school today?” She asked.

“I was feeling a bit under the weather.” I shrugged.

“So you’re feeling better than, I take it? I mean, you’re not wearing a shirt.” Her cheeks went a pink hue as she took in my upper torso.

“Yea, pretty much.” I shrugged. “So, I hear that there’s a new kid at school, who is he?”

“His name’s Blake Forester, really nice guy. He was a bit annoying in the beginning, but he’s alright I guess. He kept trying to flirt with me, but I never took them to heart.” She shrugged. “None of the guys were at school. Were you all coincidentally feeling under the weather?”

“As a matter of fact, yes,”

“Right,” She eyed me curiously with a small smile, her voice oozing with sarcasm. “Well, are you all coming to dinner tonight?”

“Maybe, depends… not sure,”

“Mhm, well, let me or Emily know so that we can make more if we need to.”

“Will do, ma’am,” I saluted Jade jokingly and she hit me with a pillow. “Jake, will you answer me truthfully if I ask a question…?”

“Depends on what it is,” I shrugged.

“It’s either yes or no.” She said. “None of this ‘it depends’ stuff,” I sighed and then nodded. “Do you… do you like me, as in… more than just a friend?”

“I do,” I nodded.

“Than why are you making everything so confusing…?” She interrogated. “I mean, you tell me it’s not the best time, but then when is the best time?”
I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “I don’t know, Jade. Things are getting a bit out of control right now.”

“Like what? I wanna help you because you mean a lot to me.” Her voice got quieter as she kept talking, but I heard her. She blushed lightly and tried to cover it up by hiding her face in the pillow.

I don’t think a grin has ever surpassed the size mine was. After pulling the pillow away from her face, I captured her lips with my own and pulled her close to me gently. She wrapped her arms around my neck and helped close the gap.

Sparks, fireworks, electricity… whatever you’d like to call it, it was sure as hell rushing throughout my entire body.

I pulled away and smiled. “Jade, if there’s one thing that you can do, its stay away from that Forester guy if you see him again. He’s not as great as he looks or acts.”

“He seemed just fine when he was with me…”

“Please trust me, Jade, I’ve heard some bad things about him. He’s not the sweet guy that you know. He’s just trying to get to you.”

She looked at me in the eye and then nodded slowly. “I’ll try to stay away from him,” She mumbled.

I smiled, planted a peck onto her cheek, and pulled her into a hug. “Thanks,”

“Um, Jake, what are we?”

“What do you mean?”

“Are we still friends or more?”

I looked at her for a moment, letting it all process. Putting Jade in danger was the last thing I wanted—ever. I wanted to avoid that happening at all times. But just her being my imprint was putting her in danger anyways, and I was fully aware of that now. Not to mention I had lost her once, and for those few weeks my life went so far downhill I’m surprised that I was even here right now, I couldn’t lose her again.

“Would you like to be my girlfriend?”

“Depends if you ask me or not,” she shrugged.

“Jade, will you be my girlfriend?”

She smiled. “Yea… I will.”

I kissed her again, not holding back as much as I had before, and let all the love I had for her flow through that one kiss. We separated and I smiled goofily, causing her to laugh at my facial expression.

“I’ve gotta get going,” I said and stood up from her bed. “I’ll be here at dinner, count on it.”

“Great,” She smiled. “I’ll see you later,”
I kissed her lips gently and then waved. “Bye Jade,”

“Bye Jake,”

I bounded down the stairs and practically rushed through the house with a grin on my face the whole way. I brushed past Emily who noticed my enthusiasm and smiled knowingly. I vaulted out of the door and into the woods, changing back and running through the woods with no real destination.

I howled happily and my wolfish grin broke out.

I had Jade all to myself now. She was mine, and I was going to protect her through it all—no matter what.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the '68 Charger RT:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/Dark_Demon_Alchemist/68chargerRT.jpg

This is Blake Forester:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/Dark_Demon_Alchemist/vampire-diaries-steven-mcqueen-jere.jpg