Status: -[06/24/2011]- Currently being re-edited. (:

Only in the Moonlight Does This Feel Right

Chapter 10 - The Cullens'

Jacob came back to school the next day. Throughout all of it, his arm was wrapped casually around my waist, pretty much making it obvious that we were much more than just friends now. With that being said, all the guys were excitedly congratulating us and Paul warned Jacob to not well… get me pregnant, which then caused Jake to punch him in the face.

In the weeks that passed, I stayed away from Blake, just like Jacob asked, and it seemed like he was staying away from me as well. I was pretty grateful for that, because it meant that I didn’t have to deal with giving him an explanation as to how we became friends one day and avoided each other the next. I couldn’t help but wonder why he was avoiding me though…

“Can you believe that winter break is just starting?” Jacob asked me and squeezed my hand within his.

I smiled. “No, but I’m glad it is. It’s going to be great to have some weeks off.”

“Yup, just you, me and a whole three weeks without school.” He smiled and kissed the top of my head as we continued to walk through the light snowfall.

I handed him my car keys as we got to my car. Jake’s car was experiencing some difficulties with the engine, and so I gave him the ride to school. Chris wasn’t here… his absences were getting out of control—something quite unusual for him. He was coming every few days. I was worried for him, that damned cold was persistent and wasn’t going to get better with these temperatures.

I opened up my door and slid into the seat as did Jacob as he started up the car. My hands immediately went to the air conditioner and put up the heat—it was freezing in here!

Jake laughed and pulled me into his arms, my own personal heater. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him as well and dug my head into his chest, getting extremely comfortable in his embrace. After about five minutes, when the heat was beginning to become noticeable, I pulled away and let Jacob free. He kissed my cheek before putting the car in drive and exiting the parking lot.

We got to the house and found Emily hustling and bustling around the house like usual, cleaning and making dinner for everyone later tonight.

“Hey Emily,” I greeted.

“Hi Jade,” She smiled. “Dinner will be ready at around five-thirty so just come down whenever you want.” Jake and I walked towards the staircase to head upstairs and Emily spoke again. “Jacob, Sam wants to talk to you, he says it’s important, he’s outside.”

Jacob nodded and turned to me. “I’ll try to be back as soon as possible,” He smiled sadly and kissed my lips quickly before bolting out the door.

I already missed him…

I turned back towards the stairs and trudged up them tiredly, all my energy gone now. I set all my things by the foot of my bed and then sat down as I sighed. I looked around for something to do and it occurred to me…

My diary! I thought, as a smile came upon my face.

I went to my dresser and pulled out the bottom drawer. On very bottom of the dresser there lay my diary. I took it out, put the dresser drawer back, and retreated back to my bed.

I hadn’t written in it since the beginning of the school year, I’ve been too busy and just preoccupied with everything to even remember about its existence.

I opened it up and began to skim through some of the entries that I hadn’t read. One in particular stuck out…

December 19, 1817

I love him. I love him more than I can possibly comprehend. I’ve never experienced such an emotion or as much care that I do whenever I’m around him. It’s like he was made just for me, like our personalities click and match perfectly. I guess you can say it was a match made in heaven. I don’t know if I would be able to survive without him.

I guess I will soon find out tomorrow morning though.

Moving to America, the land of opportunity and freedom will be the worst decision my parents ever made. They found out about our secret relationship, and I do not think I have to say that they were displeased. It’s my entire fault too, if I hadn’t snuck out that one night to be with him, none of this would have happened.

He doesn’t even know I’m leaving. I’ve been locked up the whole time, a prisoner with no one to comfort me, with no one to love me like he did—like he does.

I now know what Juliet from Shakespeare’s play "Romeo & Juliet", was going through. No one should have to go through such torture, through such loneliness.

To think that he could have been the one, that we could have had such a beautiful and lovely life together, and that I will never see him again after this… it’s horrible, like my heart is being ripped right out from my chest.

And it is, and he will keep it—forever. I would not want it or have it any other way.

Sincerely,

Jenna

My heart was hurting inside my chest. How could she have survived if he meant that much to her?

I don’t know what I would do without Jacob either…

Wait. Did I love Jacob…?

I smiled and laughed quietly. I guess I did love him… I guess that this thing wasn’t some puppy love—it was in fact the real deal.

I turned the page and read Jenna’s next entry.

March 21, 1869

I’ve married. I’ve had children. I’ve had grandchildren. I’ve had my life stolen from right under me.

Now in my old age… I can’t help but wonder what became of him. Did he find someone else, or couldn’t even imagine finding another to love in replacement of myself? I wouldn’t hold it against him if he found another.

My arranged marriage was horrible. Married to a man who’s a drunkard and abuses you mentally and physically was never what I had in mind.

If I could see him one last time, I’d die in peace. If only…

As I lay here on my death bed, I give you my final goodbyes and I speak the words that I’ve never regretted saying.

“I love you, James,”

Sincerely yours,

Jenna

I felt a few tears escape my eyes and I quickly wiped them away. I felt pity for her, someone who seems as kind and caring as her should never have to go through something so horrific.

I closed the diary and then the door swung open. Jacob walked in and noticed my glossy eyes, then hurriedly walked over to me.

“What happened, were you crying?” He asked. “Why were you crying?”

“I was just reading something I thought was a bit sad, it’s nothing,” I smiled.

“Are you sure?” I nodded and let myself sink into his chest. “Jade, what made you cry exactly?” He inquired.

Should I bring up the diary? Did I trust him that much?

'Didn’t you just come to the conclusion that you loved him…?' I retorted.

I took in a deep breath. “My mom left me a diary in her will when she died. It turns out that this has been passed down from generation to generation and I was reading a few of the entries. One was just really depressing, that’s all.” I shrugged.

“Can I see it?” I nodded as I handed him the small book. “Have you ever written in it?”

“Once, but that’s it,”

He flipped through the pages and then reached the back side of the book. “What is this?” He asked, referring to the clasp.

“I have no idea, it’s just been there.” I shrugged. “I can’t get it open either,”

“Let me see if I can try…” He muttered. He let his fingers surround the clasp and it was then pulled back lightly.

“How the hell did you do that?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I just opened it,”

“I think I loosened it for you,”

“Or maybe I’m just incredibly strong,” He smirked.

“Get over yourself, Black,” I smiled.

“But I’m just too amazing!”

“Cocky, much?”

“Not in the least,” We both laughed before returning our attention to the book.

He opened it up and there was a necklace inside. It was a silver chain and had a vial which contained a clear liquid inside. On the top of the vial there were small angel wings, and around it there was a sort of tail wrapping downwards.

“Wow… that’s… wow,” Jake murmured.

“Yea… how old do you think it is?”

“Well, centuries I guess, not sure.” He shrugged. “Here, let’s put it on you.”

He grabbed it up gently and put it around my neck. I lifted up my hair, and I heard the clasp make a soft sound as it was closed.

“You know, it looks good on you.” He smiled.

“Thanks,” I looked over at the clock and saw it was 5:40. “C’mon, let’s go downstairs and eat.”

“I love you,” He laughed and took my hand, leading me to the door.

“I love you, too.”

He stopped walking and turned to me. “Really?”

“Yea, I do,” I smiled. “Really,”

He grinned from ear to ear and then kissed my lips passionately. “Well, I was just joking before, but now I’m serious. I love you.”

“You know what I can’t really stand?”

“Hm…?”

“Corny things,”

“Well, you get me and ‘corny’ is included in this package.” He stuck out his tongue. “C’mon, I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry…!”

-{}-

Chris had decided to sit out and stay in his room. He was becoming so anti social now, this was scaring me to no extent. Jacob consoled me and told me that everything would be alright and that he’d be just fine—I believed him immediately.

I had just helped Emily clean the dishes while the guys were talking at the table. “Emily, I’m going to go upstairs and go to bed early. I think I’m coming down with something.” I said.

“Oh, alright, if you feel any worse, just come back downstairs and I’ll give you some medicine.” She said and kissed the top of my head before waving me off.

I walked upstairs and could hear footsteps following right behind me. I entered my room and flopped on my bed. The door closed and a body sat down next to me.

“What’s wrong?” Jacob asked.

“Just feeling a bit under the weather,” I answered.

“Like what—sick or tired?”

“More tired than anything,” I smiled as I turned my head to look at him. “Go back downstairs and be with the rest of the guys. It’ll be more entertaining than watching me sleep.”

“Maybe, maybe not,” He shrugged. “But I’ll leave so you can get some rest peacefully. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“What are we doing tomorrow?”

“I don’t know, but I always come around here for breakfast, don’t I?”

I laughed. “Yea, I guess you do.” I nodded. “Night,”

“Night, Jade,” He kissed my cheek and then left the room.

-{}-

“What are we going to do about Chris?” Paul asked Sam.

“I don’t know, I guess we’ll just have to watch him closely,”

“Do you think he has the potential to hurt someone?” I asked.

“I’m not sure, but there’s always the possibility.”

“Will you be able to handle him on your own if he goes berserk?” Embry inquired.

“I don’t know.” Sam grumbled, becoming annoyed with our continuous interrogation.

“Just have Jacob spend the night.” Paul said. “That way he can help you put him down if he gets out of control one night. Not to mention, then he can finally stop fantasizing about banging Jade.” He snickered.

“I don’t do that, dipshit!” I growled out lowly as I punched him in the gut.

Paul glared angrily at me but didn’t push anything further because Sam was beginning to lecture the both of us.

“So what are we going to do?” Seth asked.

“He doesn’t know,” Jared laughed.

Sam gave Jared a cold glare and turned to Seth. “Hate to agree with it, but I think it would be best to have Jacob stay over a few nights. He’d have a good excuse too.”

“Told you, Black,” Paul smirked.

“Oh shut—” I began, but was interrupted by Sam.

“Hold up…” He held up his hand, motioning for us to be quiet. “Do you smell that?”

We all concentrated on our sense of smell and breathed in deeply. It smelled bad… really bad…

We all stayed silent and looked at one another.

“Vampire,” Sam spoke with an edge to his voice.

We all stood up quickly and rushed towards the door, ready to change at any given—

Crash!

A window busted open on the top floors, Sam and I both stiffened up considerably.

Jade screamed and everything went off inside me. “Get away from me!” She screamed in a panic.

I bolted up the stairs as fast as I could, skipping as many stairs as my long legs would allow. I kicked in the door and saw the room abandoned. I ran to the window and saw a figure carrying Jade off towards the woods, her kicking him all the way.

I jumped through the window and fell to the ground.

-{}-

My window busted open and I jumped in my bed, shooting upwards. I screamed as a figure neared me and grabbed me in his arms. “Get away from me!”

We jumped through the window he had busted open and down to the snow covered floor below. He ran at an incredibly fast pace—in fact too quick for a human. It didn’t stop me from fighting him in every way I could.

“Jade!” Jacob’s voice rang throughout my ears and my head snapped up towards him and saw him running after us.

“Jacob!” I screamed and felt a wave of hope come over me.

As we got deeper into the forest, and Jacob was probably farther than triple the distance than he was before, a blue transparent wall went up and spread out for miles on end.

“What’s going on?!” I demanded.

“I put up a barrier, what do you think pretty cool right?”

I knew that voice. “B-Blake?”

“The one and only, babe,” He looked down at me and winked.

“Put me down now!” I screamed angrily as I tried to slow him down.

“Put you down? Alright,” He then maneuvered me from over his shoulder like a rucksack and threw me pretty far, into a tree.

I screamed as the collision occurred and fell down four feet or so and met the floor. I couldn’t move. I was shocked.

“You didn’t know did you?” He asked.

“Know what?”

“About Vampires…” He smirked. “That we exist.” I couldn’t retaliate and say that they didn’t, he had just proved that by his inhuman speed and strength. “I was, originally, going to just nab you tonight and change you, but your mutts thought otherwise.”

“What do you mean, mutts?”

“I’d tell you, but it’s their secret to tell. Besides, it’ll prove interesting to watch.” He smirked. “You shouldn’t be with them… not in the least. You’re rightful place is with us. Not among the living.”

“What are you talking about?!”

“You’re meant to be a vampire!” He yelled in my face.

“No… I’m not! I’m human and I always will be you asshole!”

He glared at me and his hand went for my throat, choking me instantly, and chuckled darkly. “Not if I have anything to do with it.” He said, and then he turned around and sent me flying in the opposite direction.

I landed on the cold ground and stood up shakily. I turned and began to run away as fast as my sore and injured body would allow.

He appeared in front of me and backhanded me. A ring he was wearing scrapped my face and created a long gash across my left cheek. He kneeled down, wiped a bit of my blood off of my cheek and then licked his blood drenched fingers hungrily.

“Mm… your blood is quite refreshing. Like a breath of fresh air.” He smiled. My world began to spin around; the outward regions of my sight began to become gloomy and darkened. “Oh, and before I forget… your mother, before I killed her, told me to say this… ‘I love you, baby girl.’”

He laughed and that was the last thing I heard as I fell into an unconscious state.

-{}-

The barrier fell and I bolted. I changed and so did everyone else as we began to sprint on all fours towards Jade.

'It’s all my fault, I should’ve stayed with her.'

'Don’t say that, Jake. It’s not. No one could’ve predicted this to happen.' Seth tried to comfort me.

I didn’t say another word as I picked up the pace, leaving the rest of them alone. All that mattered was Jade. She was main priority.

I put my nose higher in the air and smelled it, my stomach churning inside—blood, Jade’s blood.

A minute passed before I arrived. She was lying on the ground, unconscious, with blood slowly dripping out of a wound on her cheek. I ran to her side and changed back, not really caring that I was nude.

Her lips were becoming blue and so was the rest of her body. She was loosing too much body heat. If I didn’t warm her up, her body would shut itself down, and she’d die.

There was a pang in my heart at the simple thought of her dying—especially due to a leech.

I changed back and lay down on top of her; hopefully all my fur would protect her from the snowfall and the chilling wind.

I whined sadly as I looked at her angelic face from the corner of my eye.

The others arrived a moment later and helped me get her onto my back.

'We can’t take her to the hospital…' Seth said. 'Where do we take her?'

'The Cullens’,' I replied, and began to run with Jade on my back.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the necklace:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/Dark_Demon_Alchemist/jewelry-rod-asclepious.jpg