Wanna Tell You How I Feel Inside

Tres.

-Sage’s P.O.V.-

I skipped down the stairs, quite content with my nap and good wake up. Well, not exactly good. I just decked my “brother” in the nose. Honestly he went down like a pansy. One punch from a puny little fifteen year old and he cramps up. I think I gave this kid too much credit. I randomly began to dance strangely at the bottom of the steps. Honestly, this is the real me. Hyper, random, carefree. Too bad I can’t do that with this family.

“What are you doing?” I froze and looked behind me where I could see Zacky beginning to come down the stairs. My eyes narrowed and I adapted a pissed off mood.

“What does is matter to you? Nothing. So get out of my business and we’ll be fine.” At that moment he reached the bottom of the stairs and was glaring down at me. Just as he was going to say something, Mrs. Baker walked in.

“Ah! You’re up. Well kids, let’s go. Mr. Jefferson is meeting us at the restaurant in his car so he may leave afterwards,” Mrs. Baker announced as Mr. Baker and Mr. Jefferson walked in behind her.

“Are you sure he’s not just going to run off?” I accused. Mr. Jefferson glared while Mrs. Baker just laughed.

“I don’t think he would leave us so unexpectedly and rudely,” she defended.

“That’s what you think.” I wasn’t the only one who muttered this. Zacky and I raised an eyebrow at each other, quickly lowering them as we noticed the other doing it. We both groaned at the same time. This just infuriated us more, making us sigh in unison.

“It’s like you two are twins,” Mr. Baker laughed.

“Are not! Stop copying me! Copying you?! You’re copying me!” I had to stop myself from slapping him. How the fuck are we on the same thinking level? As I’ve stated before, I hate this kid! I ripped the door open and stormed out. I was still silently fuming by the side of the SUV. I leaned against it with my arms crossed, my face holding anger. If they are finding me so compatible with him, there is no way I’m leaving this place anytime soon.

“Are you okay Sage?” I looked up at Mr. Baker who was trying to hide the amusement on his face. He mostly succeed. He would have completely if I wasn’t so good at reading emotions in people’s eyes. I glared and turned my head from him.

“As much as I can be,” I muttered. He chuckled and opened his door, quickly unlocking the doors. I have no clue what he found funny, but he is really starting to piss me off. I pulled open my door and glared across from me. Who else would have it, but Zacky already sitting in the seat on the other side of the SUV. Well, what else did I expect? The Easter bunny? Santa perhaps? At least the fat man use to give me presents.

“I don’t like it anymore than you. Just shut up and sit down,” Zacky hissed.

“Zachary!” His mother scowled. He turned to look back out the window, his arms crossed across his chest. I huffed and jumped up to plop down in the empty seat left for me. I slammed my door shut before clicking my seatbelt together. I looked out my own window as only the light sound of the radio filled the car. Mr. and Mrs. Baker whispered to themselves but I had no interest in trying to figure out what they were talking about. Probably about Zacky and I. Oh well.

“We’re here.” I looked up to see us in front of some pizza place. High class, huh? But what can I complain? I fucking love pizza. I opened my door and hopped out. I trailed behind the Bakers and Mr. Jefferson. I wonder if I ran fast enough I could get home, grab my stuff, and just leave?

“Not the sharpest crayon in the box are you?” I whipped around and glared at the person in front of me. He was about six foot one. Why is everyone so damn tall in Huntington?

“Excuse me?” I asked in disbelief. Who was this guy to try to judge me? He grinned at me, a lip ring glinting in the afternoon light. He wore aviators and a backwards baseball cap, blocking out everything I could use to try to recognize him.

“I can tell by your eyes you’re trying to decide if you can walk in or run away.” My eyes grew wide when I realized he read me like an open book. Just as I was about to open my mouth to say something, I was interrupted by another voice.

“Matt! What are you doing here?” We both looked over to see Zacky coming out, a smile brightly on his face. Matt returned it as they did the cliché man hug thing.

“I got hungry. Where else would I go?” Matt joked, flashing a smile that showed off his dimples. I looked between the two boys in front of me. They began happily talking as if they hadn’t seen each other in years. How can this kid be friends with Zacky? He looks like he wasn’t a kid who would hang out with anyone but someone as equally buff as him. Jock I guess?

“Zacky! Sage! Come in already!” All three of us turned to where we saw Mr. Baker retreating. I walked ahead of them, not wanting to be stuck with them any longer. Hopefully Matt will keep his mouth shut and not mention anything to Zachary. I quickly found where the adults were sitting. I scurried over and sat across from Mr. Baker which was on the empty half of the table.

“Where’s Zacky?” Mr. Baker asked curiously.

“He found ‘Matt’?” I answered/asked. Just then the two teenagers entered the food joint quite loudly. Mr. and Mrs. Baker smiled brightly while Mr. Jefferson slumped even more in his seat. You know, if he was not such a dick face I’d actually feel bad for him. I placed one of my arms on the table, my chin resting in the palm.

“Matthew! How are you today?” I watched as Matt sat next to me and Zacky sat on the other side of him. I rolled my eyes knowing Zacky just didn’t want to sit by me. I took a sip of the water I assumed a waiter already placed down while we were outside. I zoned out as Matt began to talk to the parents and Mr. Jefferson.

“Oh, and of course! Matthew, this is Sage. Sage, this is one of Zacky’s friend’s Matt.” I looked to my left to see Matt offering me a grin.

“He has more?” I asked blankly. Matt chuckled along with Mr. Baker. Only Zacky and Mrs. Baker didn’t seem amused. I smirked to myself before slowly stirring my water with my straw. The whole conversation was quite boring. I took a nibble of the cheese pizza in front of me, not having much of a stomach for anything.

“So how’s your guitar playing going?” Matt’s question made me look up.

“Guitar?” I echoed.

”Mommy! Can we try nooow?” I whined. My mother chuckled, standing from in front of the piano. She covered the keys and patted my nine year old head.

“Okay sweetie. Go get Louie okay?” I nodded happily, running out of the music room into her bedroom where Louie sat on his stand. He was my mother’s black and red acoustic guitar from Grandma and Grandpa before they went to the garden party in the sky. Mommy always said they would have loved to meet me. I picked up Louie, who was a little taller than me, and hugged him to my chest. I quickly scuffled back into the music room where Mommy sat sitting on the rug with purple stars on it.

“Here Mommy.” I handed her Louie before plopping in her lap. She placed him across my lap and I placed my fingers where she taught me yesterday. “Like this?”

“Just down a little.” She slid my fingers down the neck a little, showing me the right spot. I nodded and began to strum the strings in the pattern I memorized. Soon the familiar tune of “Zombie” by Cranberries was produced from the guitar. I smiled in triumph when I finished the chorus.

“That was great baby!” My mom cooed, taking me into a tight hug.


“Hello?” I shook my head, getting back to current time.

“Sorry, what?”

“I said that I do play guitar,” Zacky stated with a smirk. “Jealous, huh?”

“Fuck no,” I snapped, glaring. “Playing guitar is stupid. Only faggots do that.”

“Sage!” Mr. Baker exclaimed, flabbergasted.

“Well taking pictures is fucking retarded. Only cunts do that!” Zacky yelled back.

“Zachary!“ Mrs. Baker yelled. We both stood up at the same time, our chairs clattering to the floor. Everyone looked over at our table as the adults and Matt stared shocked.

“You have shit to talk to me Zachary, then bring it!” I shouted at him, getting up in his face.

“You're the one that begun this! Make the first move. Then I won’t feel so bad about punching a girl.” Just as I was about to tackle him I felt arms wrap around me and pull me out the restaurant.

“Let me down! I will kill him!” I screamed. The person placed me on the ground and quickly let go. I turned around and punched the chest in front of me. I glared up at Matt who currently was the person I hated most.

“What is wrong with you?” Matt asked, confused.

“You! And Zachary! And this whole fucking state! I want to go back to Nevada! I hate this place and I hope everyone dies from the heat!” I shouted, ranting out my ass. Matt stayed silent as I continued to bitch about everything under the sun. I don’t really know what finally snapped, but whatever did I was almost glad it did. Maybe now I can go home.

“This place isn’t as bad as you think,” he whispered. I froze and looked at him. He almost seemed crushed at how badly I talked about his city and friend. I was going to apologize but I quickly bit it back. No time for turning back now.

“Fuck your city. The sooner I’m out the happier I’ll be.” I muttered, walking away and down the street. I already memorized the way back. Might as well get back and pack up my stuff again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha. Only chapter three and there's already a huge fight :)
So please comment everyone!
I'm in love with everyone who did already<3
Xoxo,
Tina.