Status: In Progress

What a Gift Right?

Déjà vu

Time seemed to slow down at that moment, I couldn’t think straight, then a few minutes later, he pulled away and I opened my eyes and there he stood, Nick. I never thought that would happen, not that I had expected it, but, I had a feeling that what we were doing was wrong, rebound much? But if it was wrong why did it feel so right?

‘Do you forgive me?’ he asked softly.

Unable to speak, I feebly nodded and then he collapsed on the sofa opposite me. It was a few minutes of silence after that, but not the awkward silence that you felt the need to break, but a comfortable silence, the rain was pounding down on the roof and the sky was light, which was unusual. After that, he quietly, not breaking the silence, went back to reading his book.

Sensing that he didn’t want to talk about what had just happened, I too went back to reading twilight, I was now in the part when, James, senses Bella’s scent in the field when the Cullen’s were playing baseball. It was a strange thing that when I had read this book for the first time I had actually started laughing like crazy when I had read this part, instead of getting freaked out.

‘Waking up in the morning, feeling like Joe Jonas, grab my skinny jeans I’m out the door, I’m gonna hit the starbucks…’ my silly ring tone rang, I had changed it back to something decent, well Joe must have changed it again. I picked it up; it was Joe, like I hadn’t guessed before. Sarcasm.

‘Hey? Mel? Are u guys okay? The storm is pretty bad!’ he asked sounding a little tense.
‘Yea, Joe, we’re fine’, I assured him.

‘OK. Looks like the rain won’t stop for another few hours, and local authorities have advised people not to go out, and stay put, at least till tomorrow, so looks like you and nick are on your own.’

‘Oh… well that’s ok… you guys just stay put, stay safe and keep calling, I will too.’ I said.
‘Okay Mel, bye, see you soon’, he said.

‘Bye Joe’, I said before hanging up. It was around 12 noon now, I don’t know how two hours had passed, and last time I looked it was 10 am.

I walked out of the room, leaving nick with his book and into the kitchen, I rummaged around till I found the ingredients for fried chicken. I made the mix for the coating and I fried the chicken, till it was cooked. I put half-half on two plates, one for me and one for nick and took it to the other room. Breaking dawn déjà-vu much? Only thing the situation here was completely different.

‘Nick?’ I said as he lifted his head, and I handed him the plate of chicken and then walked towards my sofa or couch or whatever and sat down.
He began to eat and in about two minutes, when I was in my third bite, he was already done with the chicken.

Trying to lighten the mood, I said ‘hungry much?’

‘Yeah…’ he replied sheepishly.

I finished eating and went to the kitchen to keep the plate and get a drink. I looked in the fridge and there was a choice of Snapple, red bull and diet coke.

I took a can of diet coke, opened it and in one sip gulped the whole thing down; I hadn’t realized how thirsty I was.
‘Thirsty much?’, nick asked in a kind of mocking voice, I wasn’t really sure how to react, he usually didn’t talk to me let alone joke, so I ignored him as he kept his plate and got a drink of water.

I crushed the can, threw it in the dustbin and went outside, to see if anything was on TV besides weather warnings. I put on VH1 and the song 7 things by Miley Cyrus was on, I liked that song, so I left it on that channel.

I then picked up my blanket and wrapped around me and settled in my seat, with the remote in hand. I switched a couple of channels after I found that New Moon was on, on HBO, so I started watching that, I had already seen new moon very long back, in fact breaking dawn and eclipse were already out, and I had seen those too, but it had been a long time since I had seen New Moon.

It had just begun, so I kept the remote and my cell phone on the centre table and concentrated on watching the movie, a couple of minutes later, Nick, came in.
‘What are you watching?’ he asked.

‘New Moon’, I said without turning my head from the screen, duh,if Edward was on screen why should i look away..?
‘Why are all girls so obsessed with Edward Cullen? He asked.

'maybe cause he's absoulutely gorgeous to start with, protective, amazing, sweet, strong...', i said sighing at the end.
'oh...', he said and walked away, what was with him?
♠ ♠ ♠
i finally found a co-author!! yay!! :)
comments?

Selena <3