Status: First chapter being written and revised to try to overcome the accursed Writer's Block! Please be patient with me :)

Resigned

Everything is going wrong. Falling, spiraling, freewheeling, into an abyss that none of them can see. They don’t know that it’s going wrong at the beginning. No one knows that there were people being chosen for a quest to save the present and the future, a quest that, unlike the numerous ones over the years, called for seven in number. A quest that could and inevitably would bare the very beings of the seven who were chosen to the world and to each other. The raw elements striking at their hearts and souls, binding them together in an epic journey that only they would know the meaning behind in the beginning.

They call it a Great Quest.

Because that’s what it is; Great. There have been so few Great Quests that it is an utterly unexpected and special occurrence when the need for one does come about. The horrible, gut-wrenching downfall of this very special happening is the need for it. When a Great Quest is truly needed, it means that the world is in danger. Such danger that only a group of the luckiest number - seven - can and must overcome, or all shall perish. As it is and has been for years, one person always perishes. In the history of all quests that extends for hundreds of years into the past. And it’s always the one representative from a small village of warriors.

The village goes by the name of Quinn. Its population rapidly dwindles due to the previous quests that have taken many of their bravest and strongest from them, and also their most cowardly and weak. Many a good warrior, a good person, a strong citizen and loyal countryman. All because of a curse, as old as the last Great Quest from two thousand years previously. Not many are resigned to their fate, willing to accept it, even if the village is cursed with loss. And until this next Great Quest, none of them could come to terms with the fact that it was they who were chosen to die this time around.

Until this Great Quest.

My name is Fayne. I know my fate, and I am resigned to it.

I am the Chosen from Quinn…and this is my story.
  1. :01: In Which It Begins
    Not from main characters Point of View. (revised!)
  2. :02: In Which We Meet Fayne
    Revised (For a second time - I went back and tried to correct my inadvertent tense changes)
  3. :03: In Which Fayne Prepares
    Revised.
  4. :04: In Which They Are Ready
    Revised.