Moonlight and Red Wine

Blowing Kisses in the Wind

"Deegan, who are you talking t-" Rosalie asked as she walked down to the kitchen but stopped when she seen Spike, "Oh. Who's this?"
"Where's Emmett? I don't feel like explaining it again," I looked at her when I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes and I jumped, "Damn it, Emmett! Stop doing that!"
"I'm sorry Deegs," He laughed as he sat on a barstool.
"I hate when he does that," I mumbled as Rosalie looked at me.
"So?" She raised an eyebrow as I shook my head.
"Right," I nodded then directed towards Spike, "Spike this is Rosalie and Emmett. Rosalie, Emmett, this is Spike."
"Spike?" Emmett asked as I nodded.
"Remember the one I told you who saved me from Harmony."
"Oh yeah," He nodded as Rosalie rolled her eyes.
"But why is he here?"
"Harmony's getting closer," I looked at her seriously, "We need his help."
"Ok," She gave him a look as Emmett laughed.
"You know Deegs, all I ever see you hang out with are vampires, don't you have any human friends?"
"Hey," I protested at him, "I have human friends. Xander, Buffy, and Willow ring a bell?"
"I mean here," He pointed out.
"I'm trying to get along with Bella, but sometimes it's just too hard," I sighed as Rosalie smiled at him.
"Besides she's only half human," Rosalie moved my hair a bit as I smiled.

"Wait, what's she's talking about?" Spike asked.
"You mean the Scooby gang didn't tell you?" I looked at Spike.
"Tell me what?"
"I'm half human," I looked at him seriously as he was speechless, "My mom dabbled into the black arts, letting her survive the child birth. My dad's the vampire."
"Who?" He finally spoke as I smiled.
"Carlisle Cullen. Oddly enough the same one who saved me when I was 6."
"I always knew you were different from most slayers," Spike smirked as I nodded.
"Well hey," I yawned a bit as I stretched, "I'm going to get some sleep. I still have work in the morning."
"And we still have school," Emmett smiled, "Again."
"All because it's going to rain," I smirked as we all headed to our own destinations.

Closing my door with a sigh, I quickly turned some music on quietly, then landed on my bed with a sigh. As the sounds of Paramore and some Paula Abdul filled the room, I heard a clink outside my window. Thinking it was just my imagination, I ignored it until I heard it again and again. Pulling myself up from the bed then slightly limping towards the window, I opened it to see Edward standing on the ground looking up at me.

"Can we talk?" He asked in a whisper but I still heard it.
"You want to talk?" I smirked more to myself then him but I knew he could hear the tone in my voice.
"Please, Deegan."
"Fine," I sighed as I was going to tell him where a ladder was when he flew up to my window and sat in front of me, "Or that way works."
"What other way was there?" He smirked as I moved to let him in, hearing the song change to "I Caught Myself" as he set foot in my room.
"Ladders," I shrugged as I sat back on my bed, "But apparently vampires don't use them."
"Next time," He smiled as he still stood as I let out a scouff a bit.
"Yeah sure," I looked up at him as he was still, "You wanted to talk, so talk."

"About earlier," He started as I rolled my eyes, "I'm sorry for not explaining. I, it was just, I didn't understand what I was feeling."
"Wow," I sighed with sarcasm dripping in my voice, "Big shocker."
"It was just I wanted to but I wasn't sure if you were trying to get back at Angel and then there was Bella."
"I wasn't," I crossed my arms, "Trust me, he was the last person on my mind today."
"I don't want to be-"
"You're not," I looked at him as I stood up to be face to face with him, "Still didn't give you a reason to act like a jerk."
"I don't want to hurt you," He spoked softly as our eyes locked as the space between the two of us wasn't very big.
"You won't."
"Distract me," He mumbled as he moved a piece of hair out of my face.
"Why?"
"I don't know if I can stop myself," He looked at me as I kept eye contact with him.
"No."
"I'm too dangerous for you," He whispered.
"So am I," I smirked as the space between our lips was growing smaller.

There was a pause when I felt his cold lips met mine as a shock went through my body as I kissed him back. I got lost in his kiss when I felt him pull away slowly to give me one last look before heading to the window to jump back out just as Paula Abdul "Blowing Kisses in the Wind" was playing in the background.

I walked towards my window to look one last time out it, feeling the wind blow my hair, then shut it. I headed to bed with a slight smile on my face as I drifted off to dreamland again.

It was dark. Cold.
I couldn't move.
Then she appeared.
Blond hair flowing, smile on her face.
That sadistic, cruel smile.

"No one's going to save you," She smiled as I felt a blade run against my skin as I let out a scream and twisted.
"You won't win," I gritted through my teeth as she laughed and pressed the blade deeper into my skin.


I woke up with a start to see Emmett at the edge of my bed as I caught my breath.

"Dreams again?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Yeah," I nodded.
"I heard you scream," Emmett looked at me as he sat next to me, "This isn't going to end well is it?"
"You know it's going to happen," I looked at him, "And if Carlisle won't or can't do it, then I know I can trust you."
"I don't want anything to go wrong," He spoke softly as I lifted his chin.
"I trust you," I smiled lightly at him, "I know it won't. Don't worry about it, ok? It's not time yet."
"Alright," Emmett nodded as he stood up, "Need a ride downstairs?"
"Emmett, I can wa-" Before I could respond, he threw me over his shoulder and brought me downstairs and sat me down in the kitchen.

"Emmett, the poor girl's not even dressed yet," Rosalie laughed as I rolled my eyes.
"I told him I could walk," I sighed as I looked down at my clothes, "I'll be right back. I'm going to change."

After changing into some active wear pants and a hoodie, I made my way back downstairs slowly as I could feel the humidity of a storm building. Even that line of clouds was threatening to burst open which I prayed would happen.

"We're playing baseball today," Rosalie mentioned as he fixed her hair a bit, "After school. You coming?"
"I've got dance practice to coach," I shrugged at her, "Til like 5."
"Perfect," Emmett smiled at me, "It gives us time to hunt before you go with us."
"Wow, gee thanks," I rolled my eyes.
"No prob Deegs."
"I guess I'm going with you," I looked at her, "Who's all going?"
"Besides me and Emmett, Alice, Jasper, Esme, Carlisle, Edward-"
"Why didn't you just say everyone?" I smirked at her as she rolled her eyes at me, "Is Bella?"
"I don't know," She half glared at the name which I didn't press, "Why?"
"Just curious," I shrugged as Emmett put on arm around my shoulders.
"Too bad she can't play. She'd be awesome."
"Hey, just because I'm injured, don't count me out," I gave him a look as he raised an eyebrow at me with a smirk.
"Now that I'd like to see," He chuckled for a second.