Moonlight and Red Wine

Save Me

I couldn't believe it. Druscilla was still alive and standing directly in front of me. I knew I wasn't going crazy since everyone else could see her. But why? Why did she come back? How did she come back? All these things were confusing me as I knew Edward could hear them but I wanted answers just as badly as he did.

"Don't read her mind," Dru snapped at Edward as he looked stunned at her.
"What are you doing here?" I asked her as she smiled that crooked grin I knew too well, "I mean I seen you die."
"I was peacefully sleeping, enjoying the afterlife that I hadn't had for centuries when all the sudden I was pulled from my light into a place filled with shadows. The next thing I knew, I was laying a stone table, some blond bitchy vampire standing over me."
"Harmony?" I questioned as Dru nodded at me.
"She woke me from her sleep. Claimed that I should help her destroy the slayer who killed me."
"I never killed you," I defended myself as she smiled.
"I know you didn't darling," She looked at me, "You were always so different than the other slayers."
"I know."
"You're special."
"What do you want?" Edward asked as I semi-hissed at him as Dru glared at him.
"Your lover boy has a harsh tongue."
"He just thinks he needs to know a reason for everything," I rolled my eyes as he glared.
"I want Harmony," Dru looked at the both of us, "I want to be able to sleep again. I was finally at peace and she took that from me."
"Giles and everyone is back at the house, maybe you could come help us."
"If the Cullens are around, I can't."
"Why?" I questioned as her face fell as she looked towards Edward.
"I challenged the Volturi a while ago. Caused some chaos amongst them, took so many lives from Carlisle's pervious family."
"But that was the past."
"She's not supposed to go near us," Edward jumped in as I rolled my eyes.
"How will I find you?"
"Don't worry about me," Dru smiled at me, "I'll still feed you information."

With that, Dru had gone. She just turned on her heels then went to walk off. It had been like that for the past couple weeks now. I'd see Dru on the street or some where away from the house as I was on patrol. No one had heard anything from Harmony but we were still tracking her, trying to figure out where her next moved would be. It was a lot of sleepless nights which I swear took a toll on me.

This night in particular, I had been researching non stop since I woke up when Giles walked into the room with some coffee.

"You're still awake?" Giles asked as I nodded.
"I want her gone," I looked at the computer than a book next to me as I compared things, "I know it's late now but we need to find her and stop her, Giles."
"I know," He sat down at the table across from me, "What have you figured out?"
"That the Volturi offered her and my mom a place there," I looked at him as he nodded, "Which knowing my mom from recently, she probably accepted but Harmony, she finds herself above everyone."
"Why don't you take a break? You know, go patrol the woods to see if you can find anything."
"Alone?" I questioned as he nodded.
"Edward and everyone went hunting, except for Emmett."
"Ok," I nodded as I got up from my spot, "If I'm not back within the next couple hours, send someone for help."
"Be safe, Deegan," Giles called out as I walked out of the room then out the front door.

The night sky was settling as I headed towards the woods. A thick fog was starting to fall over the entire time with the change in the weather and the air. It left the smell of fresh rain on leaves as my light footsteps walked through the forest.

Being alone in the forest gave me time to think. I thought about Edward, mainly how he would come to my room late at night, cross that line each time, then in the same heartbeat, be gone in the morning only to have Bella at his side. I didn't understand it and I couldn't stand having my emotions toyed with like that.

I tried to shake all thoughts of him to concentrate at my task at hand but it was useless. It was then that I heard a brach fall from the tree above me. Stopping, I looked up to see Harmony sitting in the tree, an evil smile spread across her face.

"So they do let you out on your own," She smirked as she jumped down from the tree, "Must be my lucky day."
"Dru wants you gone."
"And what do you want?"
"The same as her," I glared at her as she walked closer to me.
"Oh Deegan, Deegan, what am I to do with you?"
"You'll die, that's what you're to do."
"Oh what the hell?" She rolled her eyes, "Might as well give you a chance."
"There won't be a second chance," I threatened as she went to attack me which I dodge as I knew that pissed her off.

The fight between the two of us seemed to go on forever. Harmony got a few deep cuts which I could feel the blood draining from them, knowing that I couldn't properly heal anymore right now. My breathing was becoming staggered as I kept fighting her, my mind wanted to continue but my body was slowly turning itself off. I just couldn't give up to her like this.

"Give up?" Harmony asked as I went for her again with a stake this time but she stopped me and took the stake out of my hand, "When will you learn? You can't stop me."

Before I knew what was about to happen, I felt the wooden stake push into my chest as I caught my breath as she smirked at me.

"Where's your little lover boy now?" She whispered with that stupid evil grin.
"This...isn't....over," I gritted through my teeth as she let out a wicked laugh as I fell to the ground with the stake still in my heart.

I tried to stand up but everything was blurry. My body couldn't pick itself up off the ground as I was collasped on the ground.

"Edward," I mumbled into the darkness as I felt myself growing cold.

My eyes slowly glazed over as I couldn't see. The next thing I felt were two very strong arms picking me up but it could've been a dream or some delusion since I was fading fast. That's when the world went black.