Moonlight and Red Wine

Thrist

"You're a vampire now?" Willow asked as I nodded my head slowly.
"How?" Bella asked as I diverted my eyes towards her.
"Emmett."
"Emmett?" Edward glared at him as he nodded his head as well, "Angel told me another way it would work."
"Wait," Xander interupted, "Angel knew?"
"He knew there was no other way, Xander. He knew what had to be done."
"Then why didn't he change you?" Xander questioned.
"Because he couldn't," Druscilla spoke as I felt tension between her and everyone there, "He loved her too much."
"He didn't want anything to happen to me," I nodded.
"I guess you're one of us then," Alice smiled at me as she went to hug me.
"I guess," I shrugged, "Even though I technically was before."
"She does have a point," Giles shrugged.
"How does it feel?" Dawn asked as I thought for a second.
"Better," I nodded, "I'm so thirsty though."
"Emmett, you need to show her how to hunt," Carlisle directed to him as I seen him nod.
"Oh, don't worry about that," Dru smiled, "Me and Spike will take care of her."
"Cullens don't feed on humans," Carlisle glared at her.
"Relax daddy," Spike smiled at him, "We'll take good care of her."
"Deegan?" Dru asked as I looked at them, "Are you coming with us?"
"There are other ways," I looked at Carlisle sympathically, "I promise I won't kill anyone."
"Deegan," He started.
"I can't live on animal blood."
"It's not that hard," Edward grumbled as I shot him a look.
"Because you're so happy," I rolled my eyes as he got up to walk away from me.
"Someone's moody," Dru smirked as I turned back to her.
"Let's go."

I followed Dru and Spike outside to Spike's car which he drove to someplace downtown to an old warehouse which looked abandoned but you could hear the pulsing music come through the old walls. What was more intersting to me, was I could smell the blood of the people inside like I was next to someone who just cut open their arm. Only it wasn't coppery to me, to me it smelt sweet like chocolate.

"The people inside there are murderers, rapists, gang bangers," Spike started, "They're the ones who shoot up people just walking down a street as part of claiming rank in gangs in Seatlle and Port Angeles."
"Why come here?" I looked at him as the blackness darkened my eyes.
"They think they can hide here," Spike shrugged, "That nothing can hurt them if they hide here."
"I don't know," I looked between the two of them, "I mean, sure it's wrong but aren't there any freshies around?"
"Aww don't be like dear Angel," Dru teased, "The hunt is so much fun."
"Yeah but we can't get rid of them all. It's not really solving anything."
"You're hungry aren't you?" She encircled me as I couldn't ignore that craving, "You have to feed."
"I-"
"Let's show her Dru," Spike smirked as they headed towards the building in which I followed.

Spike wasn't nearly as crazy as Dru. I don't know why but Dru didn't care who she killed or how. Spike on the other hand was being more like Angel as time went on. He only found the worst criminal that the court system let walk and took him out. In a way, it made sense because he was keeping another murderer off the streets. I watched as Spike started to drain this really buff guy then stop to look at me.

"Here," He motioned for me, "It's not that hard."
"I-I," I started again as he moved closer with the still alive man.
"It won't hurt him," Spike reasoned, "No more than him wanting to kill another innocent life."

I took Spike's place as I let my fangs plunged into the man's skin. His warm blood tasted so sweet, better than I thought it would as I could hear the pulsing slowly down. I could even fell the blood leave all his veins.

"Deegan," Spike mentioned softly, "Deegan leave just a drop."

I pulled myself away from the guy to know he was near death but I wiped my mouth to look back at Spike who smiled.

"It makes it go away, doesn' t it?"
"Yes," I nodded as Dru finished what she set out to do while I waited by the car with Spike.

Dru said she wasn't going to ride with us, instead she was going to keep order in town or something like that, which then had me riding back to the house with Spike I knew I couldn't kill people like that, it just wasn't in my nature. Vampires, vampires didn't count because it was second nature to the slayer but this was all new. So now I was a vampire slayer who was a vampire herself.

I walked back in the house to see that Bella had left, as well as Edward, Alice, Jasper, and Esme. Giles, Xander, Dawn, and Willow went back to research but the remaining of everyone else was sitting around. I took a seat at a chair to talk to them about my decision since I knew they all wanted some sort of explaination.

"I can't kill like that," I looked at them as I played with my fingers, "But I still can't survive solely on animals. I'm taking Angel's path."
"That's fine," Carlisle nodded.
"Why?" Rosalie asked, "Wasn't there something Carlisle could do?"
"No," Carlisle looked at Emmett, "If I took the stake out, she would've bled to death and I couldn't change her."
"I understand," I nodded at him.
"Emmett still needs to show you the ropes of being a vampire," Carlisle pointed out.
"I will," Emmett nodded as I sighed.
"Edward's pissed that Emmett turned me."
"He'll get over it," Carlisle went to stand up, "It wasn't his decision in the first place."
"I don't want to upset anyone."
"You didn't."
"Yeah," Emmett smirked, "Rosalie's half ok with the decision to turn you."
"Only because if she was gone, than I wouldn't find at least one human interesting."
"Kinda now human now."
"Well then I guess I don't have to like them," She smirked.
"But you will be nice to Giles, Xander, Buffy, Willow, and Dawn."
"Only because I know they won't hurt us."
"Of course not," I smiled.

Soon after, everyone was pretty much going back to what they did. I had been in my room, going through dance things with my window open to let in some air. Sure the temperature didn't make much a difference now but I wanted to hear the sounds that I couldn't before. I heard a rush of wind go past me as I turned my head to see Edward standing in the corner of my room.

"If you're here to lecture me about choosing to become a vampire, than please kindly leave."
"I'm not here to lecture," Edward mention causing me to turn to face him.
"Then what do you want?"
"I just want to know why."
"Because I was already half vampire and because I knew it was going to happen one day or another. If not Emmett then I would've convinced Angel to turn me, eventually."
"I know."
"So then why act super pissed for what I've done? It wasn't your choice to make Edward."
"It's just, you were so interesting as a human."
"And I'm not now?" I smirked, "I mean I still am the same Deegan than before."
"I heard you before you passed out," He mentioned quietly, "Right before Emmett found you."
"I was hoping you did," I smiled lightly.
"Why'd you call my name?"
"Because, I wanted to say goodbye to you if nothing could save me."
"You're still interesting Deegan," He moved closer to me.
"Told you," I smirked as his lips were about to reach mine when he stopped quickly.
"What?"
"You don't smell it?" He smirked as I shook my head, "You still haven't gotten used to those senses yet, have you?"
"Give me a break. I haven't been a full vampire for that long."
"You'll see," Edward smirked as he kissed my cheek then headed out the window.

I heard the doorbell ring as I ran down the stairs to go answer it. As I did, I could pick up on the scent of wet dog but couldn't figure out what I did. Once I got to the door, I opened it to see why that smell would come to me. Standing there in a mist like rain was Oz.

"Oz?" I questioned as he let out a small smile.