Moonlight and Red Wine

Losing My Ground

The morning rain woke me up.

It poured down on the windows as I had to pry myself from Angel's strong grip.

His bare chest moving up and down as he slept. It caused a slight smile to form across my lips as I headed to the bathroom to get ready for today.

I wasn't looking forward to it though. Having Angel and Xander leave, it was heartbreaking to say the least. It didn't help that he thought he made things better just by sex last night. It just made the pain hurt more.

I changed into some grey plaid active wear pants and a black sports bra underneath my black Volcom hoodie as I headed downstairs.

As I made my way down, I found Xander sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"I'm sorry Deegs," He looked down at the cup as I found water.
"About what?"
"Leaving you."
"Don't be," I lied but I was good at keeping that wall up, "You've gotta do what you've gotta do."
"Angel loves you, you that right?"
"Yes," I sighed with an eyeroll as I picked up my dance bag.
"Where are you going?"
"I've got some things to work on," I lied again.
"You won't be here to see us off?"
"I'll be back by then," I shrugged as I headed to the door, "Promise."

I headed out the door as the rain poured down in buckets against me. I honestly would've walked to the school gym if hadn't been so far away. It's times like these that I really did need my own dance space so I wasn't going to some stupid high school even though they let me come in early to work on things for later.

The drive wasn't so bad, just some people didn't want to move out of my way which annoyed me. The only other thing that bothered me was catching my eyes in the rearview mirror every now and then. I woke up to them being a honey golden color and they hadn't gone back to my brown eyes yet.

Once at the school, I walked past early students who were talking in the halls or outside as I made my way to the gym. Taking off my wet shoes, I got my dance shoes on as I quietly turned on the music. I let my mind take over as I danced for who knows how long. I was lost in my own world, so much that I didn't notice someone watching me from the outside.

As I finished dancing to "Clumsy" my mind was wandering to another guy instead of Angel as I caught my breath when I heard clapping.

I jumped a little to see Emmett walk into the room with a smile on his face.

"I heard you were a great dancer, I just didn't believe it."
"Thanks," I took a drink of water as I looked at him, "What are you doing?"
"It's third period," He nodded at me, "School's boring this hour."
"Wait, third period?" I questioned as I looked at my phone.
"Lost track of time?"
"Yeah," I caught my breath as I still looked at him, "Still, what are you doing here?"
"I was about to leave when I seen you here. I figured something was bothering since I never see you this early here."
"Nothing's bothering me," I shook my head as he chuckled.
"I don't even read minds to know that's a lie."
"Is not," I mumbled as he shook his head.
"Come on, let's get you out of here."
"Are you sure? I mean-"
"Rosalie's in the car waiting," He smiled at me, "It was going to be a sunny day this afternoon and we really can't stay here."
"Ok," I shrugged as I got my bag, puzzled at his words as I walked with him to his car.

I seen Rosalie sitting in the passenger seat of the car, as the rain started to slow down but I still don't think the sun was going to make it's appearance. If it did, I think it'd shoot it.

"Get in," Emmett smiled as he took my bag as I got in his Jeep.

"Hey," I smiled lightly at Rosalie.
"She's the one who told me you were here early," He started his car as I looked at her.
"You're not bad for a human," She mentioned as I was sorta shocked since she seemed cold.
"Thanks, I think," I shrugged as she looked back at me, "So where are we going?"
"Emmett lied about the weather," She looked at him as he chuckled.
"Huh?"
"It's going to be cloudy the whole day," Emmett flashed me a smile, "But I didn't know how to get you out of that room."
"So then, what?"
"Carlisle told us that you were coming to stay with us a while. I figured it was probably a shock since you just moved here."
"Totally."
"We figured we could take you to lunch."
"Thanks, but why be so nice to me?" I questioned as I looked at them as they shrugged.
"You're not like the others," Rosalie mentioned as I snickered a bit, "What?"
"Just, I've known that since I was a kid."

I had no idea where I was going, just that Emmett drove fast as he made his way to a cafe in which he got a back table. I took my seat as they sat with me. I wasn't really hungry but thirsty more than anything.

"Were your eyes always that color?" Rosalie asked as she looked at me as I was clueless.
"What color?"
"Gold."
"Oh," I shrugged it off as I had both their gazes on me, "It's allergies."

I knew they didn't buy it as the waiter brought me back the warm cappachino as he couldn't help but to stare at Rosalie then flirt with me.

"You can leave now," I looked at him as he blushed and walked off.
"Aww come on, Deegs," Emmett smiled at me, "The poor guy was just admiring you."
"And Rosalie," I smiled at her as she smirked.
"So," Emmett started, "What can you tell us about yourself?"
"I don't know, what do you want to know?"
"Everything."

I started from the beginning, telling them of my parents then being kidnapped, being adopted by the Harris family, becoming the slayer, even everything up til now where I was doubting who my real parents were now. I even admitted to them that I was falling out of love with Angel and falling for another guy which was probably too much information since now they curious about the guy.

"Wow," Emmett looked at me, "But who's the guy?"
"I can't say," I blushed a bit as Rosalie smirked.
"Aw come on."
"It's personal," I mumbled as I swirled the tiny bit of liquid around the mug, "Maybe later."
"See, she's cool," Emmett pointed out to Rosalie.
"More interesting than Bella," She mumbled as he snickered a bit.
"I guess that's a good thing?"
"It is," She smiled as I looked at my phone.
"Sorry to cut this short but I really have to go pack and say goodbye to Angel and Xander."
"I'll drop you off," Emmett smiled lightly as we all stood up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"See ya tonight!" Emmett called from his Jeep as I noticed my car had gotten to the house again which was weird at first but I brushed it off.

I stepped into the house to see suitcases lined against the front door as my heart sank.

"Deegan," Angel walked up to me, "Hey."
"Hey," I smiled lightly at him as he ran his hands up and down my arms.
"Are you ok?"
"Not really," I shook my head, "I don't want you to leave."
"I know."
"But at the same time, I'm letting you go."
"Go?" Angel looked into my eyes as he searched for an answer.
"You know what I mean."
"Deegan-"
"When you come back," I put a finger to his lips, "If you still feel the same, then we'll talk."
"I love you," He mumbled as he leant in to kiss my warm lips as a few tears slipped from my eyes.
"I love you too," I whispered back as he broke away from me as Xander walked into the room.

"Hey," Xander smiled as he picked up some bags, "The cab's outside and we really need to get going."
"Ok," Angel watched me as I nodded my head.
"No sad eyes," Xander walked over to me as he hugged me, "I'll see you later."
"Later Xander," I smiled at him as he waited by the door.
"I love you, Deegan," Angel said again as he leant in to kiss me passionately as I felt that spar, "Stay out of trouble."
"You too," I smiled as he ran his thumb across my cheek, wiping away a tear.

I watched as they drove off. I looked around the house as I went to finish packing. I honestly didn't want to leave the house but I really didn't want to stay here alone either. After packing the 4th suitcase, I realized that I packed too much since I could always come back but you could never be too safe.

The rain started to fall again as I drove to the Cullen house. It seemed longer than usual as I finally made my way through the driveway and up to the front door. As I waited, it took no little than a few seconds when Alice opened the door to smile at me.

"Hi Deegan," She smiled as she pulled me in as Jasper came to get my bags.
"Hey."
"We're going to have so much fun," She smiled as I tried to act excited.
"Yay."
"Hey, no long faces," She smiled as she pulled me into the living room where Emmett, Rosalie, Esme, and Carlisle were all at.

"I'll show her to her room," Carlisle smiled as I shrugged.

I followed him upstairs to a long hallway in which he shown me where I was staying which was a room close to Alice and Rosalie. Just as I got my stuff settled there, Alice felt the need to show me around a bit til we came back to the living room in which Carlisle was watching us.

"I'm taking Alice, Jasper, and Esme hunting," He looked at me as I nodded, "Do you want us to bring you anything back?"
Blood I thought as I shook my head from the thought, "Nah, I'm ok."
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yes," I nodded, "Thank you."
"We won't be gone too long."

As they left, I took a seat on the couch next to Rosalie as she gave me a look.

"So what happened to Edward?"
"He's talking to Bella about something," She rolled her eyes.
"All this talk about Bella yet I haven't met her."
"You will, trust me," She nodded as I shrugged.
"Whatever."
"Unless," She sat up to look at me, "You so like him don't you?"
"Edward?" I questioned as I shifted, "Please."
"Uh huh," She smirked as she got up, "I'll get it out of you eventually."
"Where are you going?"
"Ordering you pizza," She smiled, "I know you're probably hungry since I doubt you ate anything today."
"I'm fine."
"Please, that might work for Carlisle but not me."
"Fine," I sighed as she smiled at me giving into her, "Spinach and mushroom."
"Are you coming with me and Emmett to pick it up?"
"If it's not problem, I'd like to stay here."
"No problem," She smiled as she headed to make the call.

Twenty minutes later, Rosalie and Emmett were gone as I decided to explore the house. I made my way around everything, finally coming to Carlisle's study. I debated if I should or not. The door was closed, so it put second thoughts into my head but something was egging me on.

"If it's locked," I mumbled under my breath as I turned the handle to find it not as I quietly walked in.

It was just like I remembered when I had been in a few times. The books lined the walls, his desk sat in the middle with a file on it and my name. Curousity got the best of me as I sat down to open the file.

I looked at the papers to find that it was everything about me. My birth certificate, my police report from when I was abducted, then the one thing that I wasn't sure if I was ready to find out.

Letters from my mom.

And the truth to my entire existence.