Sequel: Aliens and Vampires
Status: comments help me write faster

Cats and Dogs

Feral

[Jacob Black]

Jacob Black was confused; that confusion only seemed to grow with every stinging cut and disturbing lick.

His mind was being pulled in so many different directions that the room seemed to spin at dizzying speeds. His wolf side loved the physical contact that the girl allowed and he had to keep himself from making very undignified noises of pleasure when the cougar's tongue made contact with his skin; while at the same time the wolf in him wanted to attack the being that dared harm him; the third emotion raging through the canine part of his brain was betrayal, Quil sat there watching -a member of his pack, his family, sat there watching- and made no move to help him.

But unfortunately it wasn't just the wolf part of his brain that had something to say concerning the "torture" he was now receiving, his human side also had to put its two sense in, making his brain feel even more overloaded. This part hated the wet muscle on his skin, it made him want to scream in disgust; though the pain seemed like nothing, merely a scratch, and much more welcome than the act that never failed to follow. While his wolf side felt betrayed by Quil, his human mind was simply pissed off.

These six different feelings, thoughts, and desires were only made worse by the hum of laughter that echoed through his mind, another gift from the blonde. Couldn't she keep her goddess to herself?

As he thought about this, Alaivera stopped what she was doing and came to stand in front of the shifter. He could see that her lips were moving but his mind and world were so disoriented that Jake didn't hear a word of what she was saying. Probably for the best since the girl rarely said anything of value anyway.

"Jake!" That he heard, though it may have had something to do with the smack across his face that was delivered just moments before the cat spoke. That's it, the bitch had to die. The moment he was free of these stupid chains he was going to kill her, really he was.

"Why did you do that for?" He asked, momentarily forgetting that he had made a personal vow of silence .

"I had to get your attention." The blonde said smugly, her tone not helping to calm Jacob's homicidal thoughts. "And now that I have it. Will you say that one sentence that'll put a stop to this forever? It's been twenty-four hours, only two days left and I swear every day will just get worse." He didn't doubt that for a second and Jake nearly gave in when he saw the coldness in Alai's blue eyes, but he managed to find the courage to say absolutely nothing.

"Last chance," she warned and the wolf merely blinked in response. That one slip of the tongue was an accident and he was making damn sure that it didn't happen again. He would not give this... cat the responses she obviously wanted.

"Alright, that's your choice." The blonde said in mock sorrow as she slowly walked over to Quil, who immediately stood up. "But remember that you're not the only fish in the sea Jakie-bear, I have two days left and I like to go out with a bang." The woman wrapped an arm around Quil's neck and pulled him down until their lips met in a very violent, almost punishing kiss.

Jacob didn't know why he had the reaction he did to the act being performed in front of him, but the moment his friend and the bitch simply touched each other, so many emotions started running through him that they made the turmoil he was feeling earlier seem like a a discomfort.

Anger

Rage

Jealousy

Disgust

Hatred

Guilt

Just moments after the kiss began, Jake did something that everyone does when their emotions start running wild - he passed out.

[Alaivera]

"Well, that worked." I said as I poked a now unconscious Jake. "Jamie really does know his shit." Quil just sighed and pulled my hand away from the wolf so I would stop poking him. He was unconscious! It wasn't like he could feel it!

"That was cruel," he mumbled and I shot him a look that I hoped would shut him up. It didn't. "Even for you. The guy's going to truly have a mental breakdown if you keep that up." Well, that was the point was it not?

"Hey! I agreed not to turn his brain into a puddle of goo, which is why I'm going to let him sleep for an hour or two. We'll talk to him again and see if we can put a stop to all this nonsense." With that, I started walking out of the room and wasn't surprised when Quil followed close behind.

"Who's Danny Wood?" He asked after the two of us reassured Billy that Jake was merely unconscious. Strangely, it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

"A really good friend. He died about ten years ago." I answered honestly and smiled when we walked into the living room to find nothing but shape shifters. Not that I expected anything different, the blood in the next room would tempt any vampire, no matter how much control they told themselves they had.

"That's it? The way you mentioned him, I thought he was more important than 'just a friend'." Unfortunately, Brandon -the bastard- heard everything Quil said and immediately looked extremely interested in whatever conversation we were having. It's called privacy, and I have none.

"You two talking about Daniel?" He asked and everyone in the room immediately seemed interested. Damn, that red headed demon. Wait! His hair dye should have washed out by now, he should be a blonde haired demon, but he's not! He's purposely keeping his hair that color!

Sorry, I'm random.

"Yeah, she said they were just friends." Quil plopped down next to Sam on the couch but I remained standing to keep the death glare I was giving Brandon at maximum efficiency.

"Uh-huh, sure they were REALLY good friends." That's it! Please Goddess, let a crevice appear in the ground and swallow him whole. PLEASE.

"Let's not talk about this." I said honestly not liking where this conversation was going or the emotions it was bringing up.

"Come on! Tell us, was he one of your many conquests?" Jared wiggled his eyebrows suggestively and I groaned before falling back on the carpeted floor with a thump.

"Yes, but I don't want to talk about it." I covered my face with my hands and just laid there listening to the complete silence.

"There's a story behind it. Come on, Alai, please! Indulge us a little." Whined Leah and I was thankful Brandon decided to speak up, effectively keeping me from doing so since depending on my mood I'd have one of three reactions while talking about Danny. I'd either laugh, cry, or scream. Right now, I thought it was most likely going to be the second one and the last thing I wanted was for the pack to see me cry...again.

"Drop it." He ordered and even I was surprised by the authority in his voice, something I only heard when he was talking with his own pack.

"No." I said, standing up in an attempt to distract myself to keep from acting like a total girl. "You had to edge them on like always. Tell them about him, don't leave out the ending." I couldn't tell you why I was angry all I knew was that I was going to take it out on Jacob.

"Alai?" Brandon asked but when he made a move to get up I just walked away, managing to grab a cup of water before heading back to the garage. I guess the wolf was going to wake up just a little bit early.

[Brandon]

"What was that about?" asked Seth. "We didn't mean to make her upset." Brandon knew this but this was Alaivera, one couldn't believe she'd take something the same way as someone else.

"I know. It's close to the full moon. Her emotions are all over the place, plus, I know the stress isn't helping." Brandon was still staring at the spot his friend had disappeared from but managed to tear his eyes away in order to face the people that would more than likely become his family in the near future.

"But I don't get it. She seemed fine when she mentioned the guy to her brother. But whenever I brought it up she had a completely different reaction." Quil looked just moments away from breaking down himself and he cursed the cougar for leaving him to reassure him.

"It's not your fault. Sometimes she's fine, you mention his name and she'll tell you a million jokes he told once upon a time. Other times... she's not." He explained and leaned against Leah as the memories of his heartbroken friend, crying and screaming for a person she would never have crashed over him. Damn Alai, making him remember that.

"That's it?" asked Paul. "You're not going to tell us anything more?"

"No," Brandon replied honestly. "She'll tell you herself, just don't bring it up.... EVER."

[Two Days Later- Alaivera]

"SAY IT!" I screamed and slapped the wolf across the face once again. It did nothing but split his lip, causing a line of blood to appear on the sensitive flesh. "Please." I looked over at the clock and my knees gave out, causing me to fall to the ground, my arms wrapped around Jake's neck, his eyes reluctantly looking into mine.

"No." He whispered, since there was little doubt in my mind that his throat was completely raw from the screaming he had done in the last couple of days.

"Please...I'll do anything. Just, don't let me die. Jacob, I'm the last one, if I die then my entire species is just gone." I glanced once again at the clock and very nearly fainted, 11:58pm, two minutes.

"Brandon!" I screamed and before the entire word was out of my mouth, the one I had called stormed into the room, followed by everyone in the house.

"Alai," he whispered and kneeled down next to me, allowing me to wrap my arms around him and sob into his neck.

"No, no, no, please no..."

"Shhhh, it's okay, I promise you're going to be okay." That wasn't his promise to make but it made me feel better anyway.

"Say it," Brandon in a voice so cold it sent a shiver down my spine. "Or I swear to whatever deity you pray to that I'll kill you." That's my boy.

"No." Jacob said without even a moment of hesitation. Apparently, he really did hate me.

"Stop being an ass!" Sam roared. "This isn't about you! She's going to fucking die and you can't say eight words. If Brandon doesn't kill you then I will." It does a black heart good to hear something like that and if I wasn't sobbing so hard then I would have laughed at how different his view of me was now then it was just a few months ago.

Cautiously I looked down at Brandon's watch and truly did scream in complete horror.

11:59PM

"I don't care if she dies!" Jacob exclaimed. "I don't like her, as a person or otherwise. The last thing I want is to spend the rest of my life with her!" There was an unmistakable pain that jolted through my body as a voice said so everyone could hear, "I'm so sorry, Alaivera."

"NO!" I could feel my body starting to shift without my consent, and even though I tried incredibly hard to prevent it, my efforts only made the change happen faster.

THE END

-

-

-

-

-

-


Just kidding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh, what's going to happen next?