Lost Souls

Six.

Thankfully, the ride to the park was silent and when we finally reached, I practically jumped out of the car. “How rude Rayna, you could at least wait for me.” Oh my God, what is this dude’s problem? I heard the car door slamming and I closed my eyes and sighed.

“Why are you following me?” I asked as he walked next to me. I stopped in front of a tree and turned to him. “Creep, be gone.” I went to slap his forehead as if I was baptizing him but he caught my hand and stepped closer to me. I was backed against the tree, my eyes captured by his intense gaze. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back; I could feel his breath against my neck and I really liked it.

“Damon.”

I opened my eyes as I heard a masculine voice from behind Damon. Damon was smiling; he knew exactly who it was. You know what I realized about Damon? Whenever he smiled, it always seemed sarcastic, hiding an ulterior motive or just fake.

“Hello brother. Here to ruin my fun?”

I swallowed and stepped away from Damon. I think I may have just hated myself for almost doing something. I don’t know what he was going to do, but the fact that he was so close to me was really…stupid of me.

I looked at the guy Damon referred to as his brother. He was pretty cute. As much as pains me to say it, not as hot as Damon, but he was nice. Now I envy them, because clearly their family had great genes.

“What are you doing Damon?” Damon’s brother asked, his tone serious.

“How rude of you not to introduce yourself to my friend,” Damon said and turned to me. “Rayna, this is my little brother Stefan Salvatore. Say ‘hi’ Stefan.” Stefan just looked at me

“Uh, we’re not friends Creepy Guy,” I said but obviously he ignored me.

“Damon, I think we should leave,” Stefan said.

“And leave her here by herself? Something terrible could happen to her,” Damon said and I felt like I was in the middle of an inside joke. Not just that, but I felt invisible; they were talking as if I wasn’t even here. But you know what, I shouldn’t. I should just leave and do what I was planning to do all the time.

I turned away from the two, shoving my hands in the pockets of my hoodie, feeling the cool breeze hit me as I walked away. I jumped as Damon appeared in front of me.

“Now where do you think you’re going?” he asked.

“Damon,” I heard Stefan warn from behind me.

“What the fuck? How did you get in front of me? What are you going to do?” I asked warily.

“I’m going to suck your blood and you’re going to let me,” he said. I couldn’t stop looking at his eyes.

“Okay.”

Remember all that I’ve taught you.

I heard the Morigan’s voice and I blinked. No! I stepped away from Damon. I was breathing heavily. What the hell just happened? I felt like something had entered my mind and made me comply. I automatically pushed that force out of my mind and I attacked Damon.

“Ow!” Damon said, pressing his hands to his temple.

“Got a headache Damon?” I asked him, my voice shaky. “Whatever just happened—whatever you tried, don’t—don’t ever.” I turned away from Damon and Stefan who both stared at me and I ran away. I had to get home.

I was scared. This was the first time something, other than the Morrigan’s voice, entered my mind. It was so unexpected and I never even thought to fight against it. If the Morrigan’s voice hadn’t been in my mind at that time, I don’t know what I would’ve done. Not just that, but he said he wanted to suck my blood? What the hell, was he like a freaking vampire? I would’ve laughed if I wasn’t scared shitless. But whoa, it kind of made sense; him just popping up in front of me, the whole ‘sucking blood’ thing—although it could’ve been a joke—but, when I was looking at him just then, his eyes, they had done something weird and then I just had the urge to agree with what he was saying.

But, vampires existing?

Morrigan, is he really a vampire?

Look within and you will find the answers you seek. The Morrigan had answered.

I stopped running, I was tired and I leaned against a streetlight, breathing. “Now really isn’t the time for psycho riddle bullshit,” I muttered and immediately heard the Morrigan’s laughter, like a chime, fill my head.

Well shit, maybe I should pull out garlic chains and stake. I shut my eyes tightly and groaned. Now I had a headache.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Comments make me really happy

Subscribe and I'll love you for eternity....and if you don't want my love...I can give you cookies :]