‹ Prequel: Wicked End Academy
Status: Getting there..

Escape From Wicked End Academy

The Jig Is Up

I stand up and start walking, hearing Brian scramble to run after me a few seconds later. He doesn't say anything as he follows behind. Only twenty minutes later we hear something. I freeze and look back at him. He holds his index finger against his lips, telling me to stay quiet. We hear twigs break under something.

"Ow, you bitch," someone hisses. I giggle. Matt comes into view and I run over. I jump at him and he catches me around my hips. We kiss a few times and he puts me down. I remember Brian is behind us. Matt looks at him over my shoulder. "Thanks for keeping her safe, man."

"Anytime," Brian says. I hear an almost unnoticeable strain in his voice. Johnny and Jimmy walk over to us with Zacky.

"So how'd you guys sleep out in the wildnerness," Matt jokes, not sensing the intensity in the atmosphere. I glance at Zacky and he shoots a glare at Brian, who I can feel is closely watching me.

"Good," Brian says emotionlessly. He walks past us and the others follow except for Matt. His arm slips around my waist and he pulls me closer/

"I missed you so much last night." he whispers in my ear. I smile.

"I missed you, too," I reply quietly.

"What did you and Brian do? Gossip about us?" I look up at him and see nothing but calmness in his features.

"No, we were trying to figure out where that stallion duck went," I laugh. He chuckles.

"Jimmy won;t shut up about that damn thing-"

"We need to find it," Jimmy says, almost yelling. Johnny smacks the side of his head playfully.

"Shut up, Rev!" Matt snickers and returns his gaze on me.

"I really did miss you, though," he says. "More than I thought was humanly possible."

"And I missed you, too-" Barks fill the air and we all stop dead in our tracks. Brian looks at Matt and they exchange a look of panic. Brian starts running and so do the rest of us. The barks get closer and closer as we run faster and faster. The barks fade away and we slow down to catch our breaths.

"Two close calls," Zack gasps. "That's too many, we can't just stay in the forest until they give up."

"I know," Matt says. "We need to find a motel for the night or something. It's only been a day and we've almost been found twice."

"What happens if they find us," I ask in a murmur. They all look at me.

"Juvie," they say in unison. My heart quickens and I need to regain my breath again. I catch Brian's pained stare and look away, seeing his teeth clench out of the corner of my eye. A chill runs up my spine and Matt sees my slight shiver.

"Let's go, guys," Zack says, starting to walk again. I start walking but Matt grabs my arm and pulls me back. It wasn't a hard grab, but it was inescapable. I look up at him as the others keep walking. I see Matt glance in Brian's direction.

"Why did you just shiver," he asks quietly.

"What are you talking about-" He cuts me off.

"Don't lie to me, Charlotte." My heart stops for a second at his harsh use of my full name. I look down and take a shaky deep breath. He knows it;s bad.

"Char..." I look back up at him. "What happened last night?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment :)
<3 - Katelyn