Status: Important to keep in mind: Only updated when commented on.

Still Doll

Hidden Feelings

It was by far the worse day Alexander had ever spent trying to please his spoiled cousin. Because this time he wanted something Alexander was not ready to give up; probably never.

"Can you read this book for me, Kanon?" Henry asked her, putting on the expression of an innocent angel.

Kanon nodded and opened the book to the first page. Slowly, she began to read the first lines of the romance novel. "The stars glowed above the two innocent halves of one whole. They completed each other, in more ways than one. Their love for each other was far more powerful than the threats from their scheming enemy, seeking vengeance. One could not live without the other, and one could not breathe without the other's presence..."

Henry's gaze moved on from the book to Kanon's face, who seemed to be intently concentrated on reading that novel to him. Her voice was soothing, not a stutter to her calm and softly spoken words. Her breathtaking eyes moved from line to line, from sentence to sentence and from word to word. The sunlight shining through the window rested its gaze upon Kanon, making her long hair sparkle like her skin. This doll sitting beside him looked so unobtainable, that for the first time in all of his life, he truly wanted it; couldn't resist it. His thirteen year old mind could only think of doing one thing to win her over.

"Kanon," he said, his eyes following her every gesture.

Kanon looked at him, now aware of everything else she completely ignored while she was reading. "Yes, Henry?"

His reply was made by action, not words. He leaned closer, his lips softly touching the soft skin covering her cheek. As he turned himself straight again, he smiled an innocent smile; irresistible. "I want us to be good friends," he told her, meaning more to it than he intended on telling her.

The speechless doll remained silent, surprised at this sudden manner of showing friendship. For a while, they stared at each other, however-Kanon noticed-not as Alexander and her would usually do. The corners of her mouth turned into a slight smile. "Thank you."

Back at Alexander's study, he paced back and forth across the room, deep in thought. What are they doing? Has he confessed to her yet? How did she react? If he hasn't, when is he planning to do so? What can I do to stop it? He's only thirteen! Kanon would never be interested in him! She needs a solid gentleman, her age, and of proper status. Like me!

He stopped, abruptly, at the realization of his own words. What had he been thinking? These irritating feelings aching in his heart were driving him mad! He had to do something before he would go insane. Alexander sat down on his chair and started reading to himself. This book will certainly distract me from... His words were of utter foolishness, he would never stop thinking about it until he saw it for himself. Kanon had never really wanted to talk to anyone else other than Alexander, and for some strange reason, he preferred that. Now, she was in another room reading to his cousin, whom he never really liked in the first place. To him, Henry was just another spoiled relative, no one in his family thought like he did. The wealthy were wealthy, and the poor were poor. However, there, in that room-Henry had picked for them to have some private time together to “read”-Henry was intent on winning the enchanting doll over. But why?!

On his way towards the room, the thoughts never left his mind. He would just take a peek inside, made sure Henry hadn't tied her up, and go right back to his work. Alexander actually wished, oddly enough, that hopefully he would tie her up, and he'd have a reason to kick him out of his mansion. A soft, devious chuckle left his lips at the thought. Stopping in front of the door that led to his destination, he took a deep breath before placing his hand on the door knob and turning it slowly, opening the door cautiously afterwards. What he found there wasn't exactly what he had been expecting, and much of what he found unacceptable.

Henry's head rised up to meet his shocked gaze, smiling. He placed his index finger over his lips, and went, “Shhhh.” He looked down to his lap, fascinated at the scene before him. “She's sleeping,” he whispered.

Kanon laid there, her head on his lap, with her eyes closed, sleeping peacefully like always. That is until the nightmares would return to her to haunt her and fill her with fear. Her soft, long, brown hair was slightly spread across her cheek, for once making her look more comfortable than usual. That very thought was what made Alexander mad, and want to kick him out right there and then.

He approached him slowly, his face hard, his eyes filled with fury. This boy...! “What do you think you're doing?” he asked him, his anger showing a bit in his voice.

Henry looked at him, annoyed at his question. “Nothing. She fell asleep after reading the entire novel. Isn't she cute?” He smiled, and caressed her cheek with the back of his hand.

“If she's fallen asleep,” Alexander began, letting his anger flow more and more in his voice, “you should have let me know so she could rest in her bed!

Henry frowned. This new attitude of his wasn't going to win their aunt over if he wanted Kanon to stay. It would just make things easier in taking her for himself. “Why would I do that?” he said.

“Because if she isn't comfortable she will get nightmares!”

Oblivious to his anger, Henry leaned in, as if he was revealing an awful secret. “I'm sure she's plenty comfortable, Alex.” He winked.

Alexander rolled his eyes, extending his arms to take Kanon from him, before he literally dragged him out of his manor house. In his arms, the sleeping doll stirred, making them both turn their heads to her. She continued breathing in absolute peace, allowing them to exhale in relief. Alexander walked carefully to the door, holding her gently, and stopped suddenly in front of the open door. He turned around and said, “Henry?”

Henry sighed and leaned back on the chair, his eyes stuck firmly on Kanon. “Yes, Alex?”

“Why is it that you give her so much of your attention?” Alexander asked him.

His eyes left her for a minute and met his. A sly smile spread across his face, looking as though he already had a simple and obvious answer, of which he did. “Because I want her for myself. Why do you?” he asked back.

“What do you mean? I took her from the hands of an awful man who was obsessed with her, and locked her up so she couldn't escape, her memories completely far from within her reach. Can't I be concerned, and want to help and protect her?” He sounded insulted, however, that wasn't the case, and he was getting the uncomfortable feeling that Henry knew that.

“Yes, but not like this,” Henry told him, tilting his head in devious curiosity. “There's something more. I have the feeling that you don't just want to protect her. You, Alex, want her.”

His eyes widened, Alexander himself flinching at the proclaim from his spoiled, clever cousin. “That's absurd!” he protested.

“Is it?”

“Enough!” He wanted to turn away from him. He wanted to be in his room, gazing at the doll, who had no idea of this argument over her, and feel the need to protect her. But it seemed Henry wasn't going to let that happen.

“Admit it, Alexander.” Henry stepped closer, his hands behind his back. “You have feelings for Kanon.”

I am about to kick him where it hurts most! Alexander thought to himself, enraged.

Suddenly, before either of them could argue anymore, they heard her body stir as her eyes opened, awaking from her short peaceful nap. They stood silent, waiting for her to say anything. Kanon looked at Alexander, and then at Henry. “Has something happened?” she asked.

They both looked at each other and said, “No!” in unison.

“I was just asking Alexander permission for you to sleep with me tonight. I am only just a boy, and I do get lonely...” Henry looked down at his feet, that expression of an angel taking its place on his face again.

“Well, if you feel that way, you could sleep with me.” Kanon yawned, still oblivious to who's arms she was in.

“Why, yes. I'd like that!” He smiled, ignoring the low growl escaping the dark haired, young aristocrat's lips, who had just been beaten by his own thirteen year old cousin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope ya' like it!
I thought it was funny,
when Henry said all those things while Kanon was asleep on his lap.
Please, my darlings, don't hate him too much! He's just spoiled, that's all ;D

Thanks also for commenting on my tenth chapter:
Parasite
Mrs. Walker
NitTwit102


Love ya' very much!

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!