Status: NEW AND IMPROVED RE-WRITE CURRENTLY BEING POSTED ON AVENGED SEVENFOLD FANFICTION. LINK IN SUMMARY.

Sshh, Be Quiet.

No Backing Out

As morning passed, the house became more lively. Some trying to watch TV, others playing cards, or just talking. Lisa was talking to Steph and Jenna. Random conversation about hobbies and such. It was working to get her mind off the house.

“So what are we talking about?” Jimmy butted into the girls’ conversation, plopping right between Lisa and Steph.

“Nothing, just girl talk,” Steph said.

“Interesting.”

“I guess, if you like listening to talk about periods, and PMS,” Lisa said, trying to stifle a giggle.

“Okay, not so interesting.” Jimmy stood up and went back to the dining room
table, butting in on the card game that was going on.

“These guys aren’t so bad,” Jenna said.

“They’re amusing is what,” Lisa said with a chuckle.

“It’s only cause you want Syn, or Ryan, whatever his name is,” Steph said, wiggling her eyebrows.

“It’s ‘Brian’ you dork.” Lisa rolled her eyes, gently shoving her friend.

The three girls laughed about it until Matt interrupted everything.

“Truth or dare time!” he shouted.

Lisa rolled her eyes. “I swear, you’d think they just wanted to hang out with fans and play games for a week,” she said.

“Well, at least it’s not like, naked twister, or something,” Jenna said.

“I have a feeling that one is coming soon.”

The group of ten collected in the living room, sitting on couches, chairs, and the floor. Matt went around the circle making everyone draw straws to see who would go first. Johnny ended up with the short one.

“Jimmy, truth or dare?”

“Dare, like you gotta ask me.”

“I dare you to go the rest of the day without any alcohol.”

“And if I don’t?”

“You owe me a hundred bucks.”

“Deal.” Jimmy paused as he looked around the group. “Lisa, truth or dare?”

“Truth,” said, suddenly regretting it when she saw Jimmy’s grin as he eyed her up.

“Are those real?” he asked.

Lisa snickered smacking her forehead with her hand. “Yes, they are, for all you pervs, and no, you can’t see them.”

A mass of disappointed groans flooded the rooms as Lisa just laughed.

“You mean, even Brian hasn’t seen them yet?” Jimmy asked. “And you two are sharing a room?”

Lisa tried to hide her embarrassment. “No, nobody has seen them, besides me. Can we end the discussion about boobs now? Zacky, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“Weirdest place you had sex?”

“Public restroom,” he said, acting quite proud of it too.

Laugher rang out at Zack’s display of confidence with his answer. Mixed in were voices commenting, ‘eww nasty,’ and ‘so disgusting.’ Zacky just glared at the group for laughing at him, until a crash from upstairs broke it up.

“What the hell was that?” Korynn asked, looking at the ceiling.

“I’ll go check it out,” Matt said.

“Says the guy who doesn’t believe in this haunted house bullshit,” Lisa fired at him.

Matt turned and looked at Lisa. “It’s probably a wild animal. And maybe it’s in your room.”

“Whatever.”

“What? If you’re so brave, come with me then.”

Lisa rolled her eyes and went upstairs with Matt. They walked down the hall looking in each of the rooms. Nothing seemed off, and as they were about to go back downstairs, there was another crash, and the sound of something breaking. The two exchanged glances then went to the room where they thought the noise came from.

“Look, someone’s laptop,” Lisa pointed.

Matt went and picked up the laptop that was bent the other way, nearly snapped in two. The bottom was cracked, and some of the circuits inside had fallen out.

“This is Jimmy’s computer. Well, was.”

“What the hell did that though? We were all downstairs.”

“Maybe it fell.”

“Twice?”

“I don’t know. Look, there’s no such thing as ghosts, so there has to be a logical explanation for this.”

“I never said anything about ghosts,” Lisa said, glaring at him.

Matt tried to close it up as best as he could, but a flash caught his eye. He opened it to look. Lisa suddenly grew wary of the glow from the screen on his face. How the hell is that thing on? she thought. Matt said nothing as he just dropped it on the bed and walked out.

“Matt?”

Lisa got no response and she went to look at it herself. She read the message that was across the cracked screen.

Must’ve stabbed him fifty fucking times. Ripped his heart out right before his eyes…There’s no backing out.

Lisa slammed the top shut, cracking it in the process, and ran out of the room. Matt was sitting against the wall, head in his hands.

“Something seriously fucked up is going on here. And I think it would be our best interest to just leave,” he said.

“So you believe it then?” Lisa asked.

He looked up at her, that once intimidating facial expression was now full of worry.