A Wolf's Heart

11

Someone else’s POV

Her eyes stared deep into mine. No doubt lost in the sheer beauty of my pale skin and blood red eyes. I tensed as a gust of wind blew in my direction.

Beside me I saw my partner get into a crouch and let his instinct take over. Though her scent was absolutely marvelous, I placed a hand on his shoulder and said,

“We are in Cullen territory. Do not break their conditions.”

He sighed irritably, as his eyes are now a dark red. But he followed my order without complaint.

The girl didn’t move from her spot. And she didn’t shift her eyes. I wanted to look away. I wanted to make my way to meet my old friend, Carlisle. But something about her held me.

I let my eyes wonder her exposed light brown skin. I slowly traced over her familiar shaped face. I noted the color of her hair; medium brown. Then once again I looked into her eyes, where everything clicked together.

I took a step forward to greet my lost friend, Makani, when all of sudden I was rammed on the side by a brown wolf. My body was flown into a nearby tree where I gracefully stopped and perched on a branch. I looked down at the brown wolf.

He stood in front of Makani protectively. She finally broke out of her trance. The wolf started pushing her through the trees with his hind legs, not taking his eyes of me or my partner. She finally turned and ran, disappearing in the dense forest.

I jumped down to stand beside the livid vampire. I held my hands up towards the wolf as if to say I was no harm. I knew the Quileute pack resides somewhere in this area and I didn’t want to attack a friends mutt.

“Calm down, Dog. I’m just here to visit my friends, the Cullen’s.” I stated calmly. He didn’t look calmed.

Then finally I saw the other more familiar wolves approach our little gathering. I focused on the black one, knowing he was the Alpha. I watched as his face changed, from anger to recognition to guarded.

“Hello, Sam.” I said remembering his name.

He gave me a swift nod as a reply. The brown one looked between the both of us with confusion written on his face. Not minding him, I turned back to Sam.

“Do you mind? We would like to move on to Carlisle’s manor,” Keeping his face void of emotion he nodded his head and turned to run toward the Cullen’s house, his pack followed. The brown wolf growled one last time before swiftly taking off in the same direction.

“How can Carlisle stand those dogs?” The vampire beside me said, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

I gave a short laugh. “You should be more appreciative. They did well at our last gathering.” As much as I hate to say it, they did stop the Volturi’s advance in attack.

“Yah, got to love those reeking mutts.” We laughed and headed towards the Cullen House.

“Stefan! Vladimir! Good to see you,” Carlisle spoke with a bright smile.

“Hello, Carlisle.” Vladimir said with a kind smile. We greeted the rest of his family, including little Renesmee who did not look so little anymore. The shifters were also here-excluding the brown one- so we acknowledged them as well.

I was able to sniff out a faint human scent. I quickly recognized it as Makani’s. It only took mere seconds to piece everything together in my head.

“Carlisle, I am amazed by the kind of predicaments I find you in,” I laughed at him.

“What do you mean by that, Stefan?” Everyone looked at me confused.

“First your son managed to create a half vampire child, and now you’re harboring a wanted hybrid in your home! I mean, it’s no wonder why the Volturi is on their way again.” If there’s one thing the Volturi hates, it’s failure. And after failing a similar attack fifteen years ago and failing to destroy the Cullen’s I imagine they would be pretty pissed off.

“What are you talking about Stefan?” Carlisle looked extremely confused. As did everyone else.

Then Edward added, “Yes, Stefan, we are all confused. Do you mind starting from the beginning? The way beginning.” I was tempted to start rambling about my way beginning but after a stern look from Edward, I knew he meant business.

I sighed but did what was asked of me.

“Okay…Just about fifteen years ago Vladimir and I lost a friend. He was practically a brother. His name was Adrian. He was also condemned to the life of a vampire. He fell in love with a woman named Uhane. She was a shape-shifter from Hawai`i. Somehow, Adrian was her imprint. No one thought it was possible, but Uhane became pregnant and carried a vampire-werewolf hybrid. The Volturi had no idea what kind of destruction this hybrid would bring and sought to destroy her. A few months after her birth they attacked. Adrian and Uhane immediately knew there was no hope. They feared for their safety, and their daughter’s life. They had asked us to take care of her. But when we arrived at the spot where we were supposed to retrieve her, Makani was gone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long wait.
Its so frustrating! Nothing is going right at all! (with my grandma)
But i feel like i needed to update:P
also because i'm in a slightly good mood because i made a great double-play at my softball game :D

Oh and by the way i gave some characters Hawaiian names(:
Uhane = spirit
Makani = wind

please comment. it would REALLY make me feel good :]