Status: writing and writing ... and... writing!

Stuck in Between

Chapter 8

Jessica’s P.O.V.

I woke up with the sound of Jennifer’s whisper : ‘ jessica! ‘ . I gasped and jumped in my bed, with a scream. I was all sweaty and I knew that something was either going wrong or right.
I relaxed for a moment when I heard my cell phone ringtone fill up the room : Iron & Wine –Each Coming Night.
I quickly left my bed and answered my phone :
-Hi?
- Jessica! You have to come to the hospital, dear!
-Dad? What’s wrong? Tell me!
-Nothing Is wrong, Jennifer whispered your name! You must come here, jump in a taxi and come to the hospital! Now! Hurry!
-Okay, I’m on my way!
I hung up and shoved the phone in my back pocket. I quickly grabbed the house keys, some money and left the house. I jumped in a taxi passing by and adressed the hospital. My heart was pounding so fast that I thought I was going to die. I had just dreamt about Jennifer whispering my name and now… things were getting more freaky and complicated than ever! When I arrived at the hospital I quickly handed over the money to the driver and jumped out. My dad was waiting for me at the entrance of the hospital. He grabbed my hand and we both walked into the hospital, then upstairs to find Jennifers room. The hospital atmosphere made me uncomfortable. We fianlly arrived in her room.
What I saw almost made me faint. My dear sister, best friend was lying in a hospital bed, attached to some machines, cables. Her face was all white and she had many scars all over her. I washed my hands at the entrance of the room. The doctor guided me to the room, next to her bed.
Jennifer’s lips were moving silently, but constantly. ‘Jess…’ i heard her whisper and I gasped. She had just whispered my name! I held her arm softly and whispered back ; ‘I’m here Jennifer. It’s alright. You’ll be fine, I promise you.’ . Jennifer fell silent then suddenly she shivered and some machines started making loud noises and sirens. The doctor pulled me away from her and I stumbled in tears. I heard my dad say , ‘Come on Jess…’ , I knew he was crying.

Jennifer’s P.O.V.
I heard a very familiar voice , It was my dad’s I guess; saying , ‘I’ll call Jessica!’. Also some doctors whispering, ‘ She Is breathing but I’m not sure If she will survive!’.
I felt that amazement when oxygen filled up my lungs once more. I had missed…being alive.
Suddenly a question appeared in my mind ; ‘ Where Is Jessica?’.
‘Where Is she?’
‘Is she okay?’
‘JESS!’ i screamed.
There she was! It was her voice saying : ‘I’m here Jennifer. It’s alright. You’ll be fine, I promise you.’
She was right. I trusted her, I knew It was going to be fine. But then I felt pain in my chest and I knew It was all gone again.
I knew It for sure when I heard Peter ; ‘ They’re gonna save you but I’m gonna pass.’
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE COMMENT! Thanks, keep reading pleasee!