Status: writing and writing ... and... writing!

Stuck in Between

Chapter 9

Jennifer's P.O.V.

'Oh shut up , Peter! You're not going to pass anywhere!' i said when I realized I had came back to the place between life and death. Peter frowned and turned away from me. I could hear him whisper silently, maybe to himself? ' I know It. That's why you keep disappearing, they're going to save you. But not me! They're going to save her and I am going to die!'.

I walked towards him and placed my hand on his shoulder. 'You know what? When I feel like I'm going back to life , I'll grab your arm and we'll go back to life together, what do you say 'bout that?' i said optimistically. He glanced at me and I caught a quick smile on the corner of his lips. But then, he was frowning again. ' I'm not sure If that will work?' he whimpered. I placed my other hand on his cheek and finally he looked at me. I leaned closer to him and slowly hugged him. As our cheeks touched eachother, and I felt his neck, I felt no heartbeat. 'You have to trust me, Peter. '

Then suddenly, I felt a soft, butterfly kiss on my cheek. My face burned and I kissed him back on his cheek. I don't know how long we stood there, hugging eachother.

Jessica's P.O.V.

I woke up in a dark room. I was still at the hospital. I knew It. I could sense the atmosphere of the hospital. I hated It.
I was lying on a couch and there was a desk in front of the couch. I shivered, what was going on? I stood up and walked towards the door. But before I could open It, a dark haired young women in business clothes entered the room and turned on the lights. ' Oh hello! You must be Jessica Lauwer, right?' she asked in a calm voice, 'Please sit. ' . She sat down by the desk and turned on her computer. I sat down back to the couch and waited for the women to explain why I was here ? I had a thought running to my mind and I needed an answer for that, my lips parted and these words slipped through ; ' Is she dead?'

I could feel my head throbbing. 'Please..' i whispered, about to cry.
The woman raised her hands and calmed me ; ' NO ! Dear, no one Is dead. I just wanted to talk to you. I am a psychologist and I think you need someone to talk to. My name Is Ruby Ederdean. You can call me Ruby.. Now tell me, how are you?'.

I sighed and leaned back on the couch. Finally I answered her, honestly ;

-I really feel sick. Horrible. I still can’t believe all this Is happening! I saw Jennifer’s body like that, I saw that moment and… ugh! I’m so afraid that she won’t survive! And I don’t want people lying to me about her situation!

-Nobody’s going to lie to you Jessica. All these people will treat you like an adult, make sure of that.

-And that man! I want to kill him! He caused all this, that fucking ass-

-Okay dear, please no swearing.

-I don’t care , that bastard ruined my life and Jennifer’s ! Maybe he took Jennifer’s life ! Why did this all had to happen?

-Honey, sometimes things In life don’t go the way we want them to… Horrible things happen and sometimes we can’t change or stop It. You can call It whatever you want ; destiny, fate, accident, disaster… I call It life.

I stared at Ruby for a while and then I kept talking ;

-I don’t think I can take this! This Is all too much!

-Sometimes It feels like this, I know. You probably feel angry because you never imagined something like this to happen In your life and you are angry with the driver because It’s mostly his fault. But you can’t be angry to anyone completely because all this was an accident. You are afraid that your twin sister might not survive this accident and no matter how much you are trying to be optimistic you have to be realistic too. Jessica, you are young for a pain like this and people are expecting you to act more mature than ever, that’s not easy at all. These bad things happened so fast that you still can’t believe It. You are wondering how your sister feels at the moment. Also probably you feel worse than anyone who goes through something like this because of the twin bound.

Ruby was a great psychologist. That was the exact way I felt at the moment and I was so happy that somebody understood me completely.
‘ Yes. That Is the exact way I feel right now. Wow, Ruby. Thanks.’
Ruby smiled at me and typed something quickly , stared at the computer screen for a while and then glanced at me and smiled again. ‘ You’re welcome Jessica, I’m just doing my job. I’m glad I could help. So I am now suggesting you to stay calm and always think about the happy ending, keep being optimistic. But of course I’m not telling you to be a dreamer. Be an optimistic realist.’
I felt so much better now. I smiled at her and said , ‘ Thanks Ruby. Really, thanks. ‘.
Ruby laughed , ‘You look so relaxed. Now come, let me take you back to your parents. They’re still sitting in front of your sister’s room.’.
I followed her out of the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the story Is going a little slow but please keep reading. I am open to constructive critisism. Please commeeent! And If you still haven't ; subscribe :)

thanks-miss.bookworm