Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Getting Ready

“So, which one do I take? This one or this one?” I asked Natalie, as I stood in my room in only my undergarments, I didn’t mind, we had seen each other in less, we do have gym together, holding up two dresses. I couldn’t decide which one I wanted to wear tonight to my date with Dick.

It was already Friday again and I hadn’t spoken to either Sophie or Alex since Wednesday, and I wasn’t planning to any time soon. I would only talk to Sophie if she came up to me, which by the looks of it wouldn’t happen now, if ever. I was still angry with her.

“Hmm, I think the purple one will look better.” Natalie answered thoughtfully.

“Okay.” I put it own without a second doubt, trusting her judgement. I fixed my hair in the mirror and put on minimal make up. I liked to keep it natural, only dark brown mascara and transparent lipgloss. I took my favourite necklace with a peace sign and put it around my neck, then turned around to face Natalie again as she sat on my bed watching me get ready.

“So, how do I look?” I asked her while doing a pose.

She laughed at me and shook her head. “You look great, he’s gonna love you.”

“Is it cold outside?” I asked a little worried, it was actually October and I was wearing a dress...

“I don’t know, why?” She frowned as she studied me.

“Well, I feel kinda exposed with bare legs.” I blushed looking down at my legs, the dress went almost down to my knees but the skirt was pretty wide and I still felt uncomfortable.

“You’re such a prude, Jess. Show off some legs, girl, you’re hot.” She laughed again. I looked up at her giggling.

“But what if there’s wind outside and my skirt goes up and shows everything?” I asked worriedly pushing my glasses up higher on the bridge of my nose. I hadn’t bothered with contacts today, I had dropped one on the floor this morning and that pair had been my last one since I lost my others at Alex’s last week. Otherwise I only were glasses when I was at home, I didn’t like it very much. I hated the fact that I had bad eyesight but it was nothing I could do about it. I had inherited it from my mom, but she always wore glasses claiming she didn’t have time for contacts. Inset eye roll here.

She shrugged and giggled. “I guess a pair of leggings won’t hurt.”

I giggled back and put on my black leggings, feeling more comfortable at once. I put on my purple converse, grabbed my leather jacket and sat down on a chair next to my bed. Dick was picking me up in any minute now.

“I think I have to go now, you’re not the only one with a date, you know.” Natalie said, smirking, as she rose from the bed.

“You’re always with Derek now.” I rolled my eyes.

“That’s not true, I’m here with you now, aren’t I?”

“Yeah, but you’re leaving.” I said with laughter in my voice.

“Well, you’re leaving.” She laughed and headed for my door. She opened it but quickly closed it again.

I looked at her confused and she cringed and made a grimace. “Your parents are fighting again.” She said carefully.

I sighed and walked with angry steps down the stairs and into the kitchen where my parents where yelling at each other. I bet the whole neighbourhood could hear them.

“Shut the fuck up!” I screamed at them.

“Wow, I’ve like never heard you swear before.” Natalie giggled as she stood behind me.

I rolled my eyes and my parents just stared at me in shock. Well, at least that got them quiet. I was so tired of them. They were almost never home and when they were they were just fighting or complaining about me and everything. But I can admit, I maybe had PMS this week and that was why I was so grumpy and got into fights with everyone. But I couldn’t help it, okay.

“Oh, please.” I took Natalie’s hand and dragged her outside. My parents still hadn’t said anything, probably cause they were so shocked. I had never yelled at them like that before. When they’re fighting I usually just leave the house and go to Sophie’s or I lock myself inside my room and play really loud music.

“Okay well, I have to go now, have fun on your date.” Natalie said and gave me hug.

“You too.” I told her as I hug her back.

She let me go and started walking down the street turning back once to wave before she disappeared around the corner. I sighed and sat down on the steps to the porch deciding to wait outside for Dick to pick me up.

I heard the front door open behind me and saw my mother coming down and sit beside me in the corner of my eye but I didn’t acknowledged her, I just kept staring down the road hoping that Dick could hurry up to get her so I didn’t have to have this conversation with my mom right now.

“Where’re you going?” She asked in a calm voice as if nothing had happened there inside just minutes before.

“I have a date.” I muttered still not looking at her.

“Oh, who’s the lucky boy?” She asked with overly excitement.

I rolled my eyes at her. “He’s name’s Dick Walker.”

“He sounds like an old man.” She laughed.

I giggled a little and looked up at her. She was smiling down at me and gave her a small smile back. “He’s a senior. He’s on the football team and Natalie’s going out with his best friend.” I told her in a bored tone. I never had these kind of conversations with my mom so it was a bit weird for me I didn’t exactly know what to tell her.

"A football guy, huh? He must have a lot of muscles and stuff.” She winked at me and laughed.

“Mom, please.” I laughed at her.

“I’m just kidding with you.” She nudged my shoulder playfully.

I noticed Dick’s car coming up to our house and stop on the curb. We rose up from our seat and mom turned to me with a more serious expression.

“Do you need anything, like money or…” She left the question open for me to fill in but I just shook my head.

“I’m fine, mom.” I smiled at her for the first time in what seemed like forever before today.

“Okay.” She nodded and took a thorough look at me. “You look really pretty, honey.” She smiled, complimenting me.

“Thanks.” I said standing there a little awkwardly not knowing if I should say something else before I’d leave or not. I knew it was awkward but I didn’t exactly feel comfortable around my mom. We didn’t really have a good mother daughter relationship. But it wasn’t my fault it was so bad, she was the one who were never home.

“Alright, go, have fun.” She ushered me out to the car.

I smiled and waved at her once before I hopped into the passenger side of the car in which Dick was waiting for me. He greeted me with a kiss and started the engine and drove us towards tonight’s events.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace and Love! ;)