Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Lunch Confrontations

“Come on, take a deep breath and calm down, you can do this.” Alex tried to calm me down as we stood outside the school cafeteria at lunch time later that day.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath but it didn’t help calming my nerves. “I can’t do it.” I panicked and tried to walk away but Alex stopped me and held his arms around me.

“Yes, you can, and you have to. If you don’t want the whole school to think you slept with him.” He was trying to get me to go in there and confront Dick and tell everyone that he had lied. I don’t know what got Alex thinking I could do that. I’m not good at confrontations. And I’m not good at handling fights.

“I believe in you, you can do this.” He whispered and looked deeply into my eyes and I instantly calmed down. I had no idea how that thing worked. But if he just looked at me, he could probably make me do anything he wanted. I was incapable of saying no to him. I had yet to find out if this was a good or bad thing.

“Okay,” I whispered and let go of him. I walked over to the door and opened it up. I looked around the room spotting Dick sitting at a table in the middle of the room. Great…

I looked over my shoulder at Alex who stood by the door and gave me a meaningful look. He mouthed ‘go’ to me and I knew I had to do it, just to get it over with.

I walked over to Dick’s table with determination in my steps. I was so nervous I was shaking. When I reached the table I placed my hands on my hips, just to make it seem like I knew what I was doing, when honestly I had no clue. I gave him a glare.

I heard a wolf whistle and turned to my left. Jack Tucker had a smirk on his face as he looked me up and down, clearly checking me out. “Did you have fun on Friday?” He asked grinning. I noticed Natalie sitting next to him looking like she had no clue what was going on. Maybe I should have told her what had happened in German but that was before I had known about this whole Facebook thing.

I decided to ignore him, since I couldn’t come up with a good comeback and I turned to Dick instead who had rose from his seat and wrapped an arm around me. “Hi, baby.” He said smiling and leaned in to give me a kiss.

I pulled back and pushed him away from me in disgust. The guys at his table ‘oooh’ed and someone commented with “Rejected.”

I rolled my eyes at their immatureness and focused on Dick instead. “Why did you lie?” I asked firmly and loud enough for everyone at his table to hear.

“What are you talking about?” He asked looking genuinely confused.

“Cut the bullshit Dick. Why did you tell the whole world we slept together, when we certainly did not?” I asked getting angrier by the minute.

He shifted his weight, looking a little nervous. He moved his gaze to his friends for a short while before fixing them on me again. It looked like he got new courage from them by the smirk on his face. “Oh, are you just embarrassed that everyone knows now?”

I was almost ready to give up. It was impossible to get in under his thick skull. I didn’t know what to say. I turned my head towards Alex again and he just gave me an encouraging look silently telling me to keep going. Okay, so if not for me, then I’ll do it for him. I didn’t want him to be disappointed in me.

“Oh, I’m not the one who should be embarrassed; I’m not the one with this small … penis.” I held up my thumb and index finger with a small space in between to emphasize my point. I took everything in me to say the last word and my cheeks flushed immensely.

Dick just stared at me in shock while everyone else around us started laughing hysterically. I saw anger flush in his eyes but it didn’t faze me. He couldn’t get me now. He wasn’t ever going to get to me. I was stronger now.

“You don’t know a thing about my dick!” He growled seemingly uncomfortable.

I raised my eyebrows and smirked at him. I had the upper hand now. “Oh really, because I thought we slept together. Or was that something you lied about?” I said as confident as I could muster.

Dick shifted his weight and looked at his friends again. They had now stopped laughing and looked a little confused though Natalie seemed to have caught on because she grinned and held her two thumbs up at me. I smiled at her, glad that she took my side even though she was dating Dick’s best friend.

“So what’s it gonna be?” I pushed the subject when Dick wasn’t answering. “Were you lying or what?”

“Fine, it was a lie!” He yelled, lifting his hands up in surrender.

“I’m sorry, can you elaborate that?” I said just to torture him a little more. He deserved it, after all, and since I’m on a roll today.

“We never had sex! Are you happy now?” The whole cafeteria was listening, good, just how I wanted it. Everyone should know what a lying jerk he was.

“Very.” I smirked triumphantly.

“I don’t see how anyone would wanna touch you anyway.” He said grumpily and sat down in his chair again.

“Ha, I would!” The guy sitting next to him chimed in. I had no idea who that kid was but I was silently thanking him for further embarrassing Dick.

Dick gave him a glare and he lifted his hands in defeat. “What, she’s smoking hot.” He defended himself.

“Whatever.” Dick rose again and stomped out of the cafeteria only stopping slightly when he passed me to give me a glare.

I breathed out once he left the room. My heart was pumping so fast. Natalie ran up to me and gave a hug. “Wow, I can’t believe you did that!”

“I know, me either.” I laughed awkwardly, seeing everyone was still staring at me.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this earlier?” She pulled back and fake glared at me.

“Well I kinda just found out about it through Facebook.” I told her honestly.

“So what, you didn’t sleep with him?” Derek asked calmly. I had thought he would kind of hate now too because of Dick, but he just seemed genuinely interested.

“No, actually he dumped me. So I have no idea why he was saying that.” I shrugged. I excused myself, not really wanting to be in their company any longer than I had to. I walked back over to Alex and noticed that Sophie was standing next to him.

I slowed my step a little, still unsure about where we stood. I still hadn’t made up with her yet. But as I saw the huge grin on her face I knew she wasn’t mad at me anymore.

She held up a hand and I high-fived it. “God, that was so funny, did you see his face? That’s what that fucker gets for being an asshole!” She laughed and hugged me. I just smiled and hugged her back, glad that we were friends again.

“I’m so proud of you. I knew you could do it.” Alex hugged me as soon as Sophie let me go. We walked out of the cafeteria and into the hallway.

“I can’t believe I just did that! See I’m still shaking. I need to sit down.” I was overwhelmed and just wanted to relax a little. I sat down on the floor leaning back against some lockers.

They both laughed at me and sat down on either side of me. “It’s good you finally put him in place.” Sophie said and leaned her head on my shoulder.

“Yeah, I’m sorry for how I acted before.” I replied truthfully.

“It’s okay. I knew you would be coming around eventually.”

“Yeah, he was a jerk. I’m glad it’s over.” I smiled and leaned my head on Alex’s shoulder.

“Not as glad as I am.” Alex chimed in after being quiet for a long time. He took my hand and intertwined our fingers. I looked up at him and smiled. He leaned down and kissed my lips.

Our moment was broken by Sophie who poked my side making me break from the kiss to fake glare at her. “Dude, I’m sitting right here. I don’t need to see that.” She pouted. I frowned, almost forgetting that she was there. But she took it better than I had expected, about Alex and me. If Alex hadn’t already told her, that is, but I doubted that. They weren’t that close, regarding this stuff.

We all laughed and I knew right then, that things were finally looking up for me. It could only get better from here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace And Love ;)