Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Talk in English Class

“Jessie!”

I turned around and saw Sophie running down the school corridor towards me. “Soph, what’s up?” I asked when she came up to me panting slightly.

“It’s Friday, I know of a party tonight,” I rolled my eyes at this, there was always a party. “We’re going to my place after school to get ready.” She wiggled her eyebrows. I laughed at her; she was being so silly sometimes.

“Yeah, sure.” I wasn’t the biggest party person, but it could be fun if there were fun people there. I hoped Alex would be there.

“Anyway, have you seen Nat?” She asked about our mutual friend.

I shrugged, “No, not today.” It wasn’t so surprising since we didn’t have a lot of classes together.

“Me neither, but she’s coming too,” I laughed; of course Sophie would decided that. You wasn’t even allowed to have an own will when you were around her, but not completely in a bad way, more amusing.

“Where’s the party at?” I asked as we started walking towards English, one of the few classes we had together, hopefully Natalie would be there too.

She wrinkled her forehead as she thought, “Barakat’s,” She finally said.

“As in Jack, Alex’s friend?” I smiled, if it was at Jack’s Alex would most likely be there. Now I have to go.

“Yup,” She smiled, plopping the p.

“Sounds interesting,” I smirked as we sat down in our usual seats in the back of the classroom.

“What, do you like him?” She smirked back. Oh-uh not again, I know that look. Now, she’ll start playing match maker. God, save me from this.

“God, no, I just mean, they know a lot of people so there will possibly be a lot of hot guys.”

“Oh, I like your thinking.” Puh, saved from that.

The teacher walked into the classroom and right before she went to close the door, Natalie rushed in. Our teacher Hairwoman, that’s what we called her, she’s got scary hair. It’s big and dyed blonde, though she won’t admit it and I swear she’s got hairspray in her bag that she uses at every break, I mean she stinks of hairspray.

Anyway, she gave Natalie a glare before she closed the door with all little too much force and went over to her desk. “Alright everyone, let’s start,” And that’s about the time where I stopped listen. No offence to Hairwoman, but she could talk nonsense through out the whole lesson. So boring.

Natalie sat down next to Sophie. I sat by the window on the other side of Sophie. She always sat in the middle. “What took you so long?” Sophie whispered to Natalie.

Natalie smirked and placed her messenger bag on the floor next to her chair. “I was talking to Derek Wilson!” She whispered enthusiastic.

I leaned over so I could hear them better. “You mean the Derek Wilson, the football god?” I asked in a low voice.

She nodded her head, with a big grin on her face. She picked up a small mirror from her bag, and checked her hair and make up in it. I rolled my eyes at her. She and Sophie were just the same.

“Omg, he’s so hot,” Sophie said dreamingly.

“I know right, I still can’t believe he talked to me.”

“What did he say?” I asked curiously. Derek was one of the most popular guys in school. He was a senior, had the looks, was good at football and had good grades plus he was a nice guy. Basically, he was perfect boyfriend material. I’ll admit I was jealous; any girl turning him down was stupid.

“Oh, he was totally flirting, like ‘that bag looks heavy, let me carry it for you’ and ‘did you do something with your hair, it looks really cute today’ seriously I thought I was going to faint.” She was grinning from ear to ear as she put the mirror back into her bag.

“I agree; your hair does look so much better when you don’t flatten it.” Sophie commented running a hand through Natalie’s brown curly hair.

“Ah, don’t get me started on that. My mom was pissed at me yesterday because I’m about to fail German, so she took my flat iron in punishment. I hate her.” She slumped back in her chair with a sour look on her face.

“It looks good though, and don’t worry about German, I’ll help you. Mr X actually gave me an A.” I tried to reassure her.

“How could you get an A?” She asked shocked, “I don’t understand a shit.”

Sophie and I giggled at her, “Anyway, you should totally invite Derek to the party tonight, if his not already going, that is.” Sophie chimed in. I could guess she was bored with the current subject since she didn’t have German.

“There’s a party tonight?” Natalie asked surprised.

“Yes, at Barakat’s, which reminds me, you’re coming home with me after school so we can get ready.” Bossy Sophie again. I rolled my eyes.

“Doesn’t the football guys and Alex and Jack’s gang hate each other?” I asked frowning.

“Yeah, but a party is still a party, they don’t have to be best friends to go. They don’t even have to talk to each other; there will be a lot of people there like you said.” Sophie spoke wisely.

“I guess,” I nodded my head. Right then the bell started ringing. Everyone stood up and hurried to the door. It was last period on Friday, everyone wanted out this place. We were no exception.

“Oh, and don’t forget the homework on Tuesday,” Hairwoman said to the class.

We stopped dead in our tracks. “We’ve got homework?” Natalie asked with wide eyes. That’s what you get for not paying attention in class.

“We’re screwed,” I declared, there were no meaning asking Hairwoman about it. She would only bitch at us for not listening. Oh well, Tuesday’s far away and right now, we had to focus on the party tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
;)