Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

The Party

“Jessie, have you ever thought about flatten your hair,” Sophie asked me when we sat in her room, getting ready for the night.

“Not really, no, I like my locks.” I said as I studied my hair in the mirror.

“But you never do anything with it, you’re so boring.” Sophie whined.

“Yeah, can’t you let us do something with it for tonight?” Natalie asked excitedly.

“No way in hell,” I laughed at them. I was never letting them anywhere near my hair. God only knows what they would do to it if the had the chance.

Sophie sighed in disappointment and started working on Natalie’s hair instead. They sang along to ‘I Gotta Feeling’ that they decided to be good for the warm up.

Urg, this was so boring. This is not how I wanted to spend my Friday afternoon. “I’m hungry,” I announced.

“Get out of here, you dork,” Sophie said without looking at me.

I giggled as I walked out of the room, happy to be away from the scene for a moment. I walked down the stairs and to the left where I knew the kitchen was at. The only sound in the house was the faint music coming from the basement where Alex had his room, so I knew he was home. Their parents didn’t seem to be home though.

I walked up to the refrigerator, opened it and looked at the contents. “So, you’re the one who’s raiding our refrigerator. And I was wondering why we never had any food at home.”

I jumped startled and turned hastily around, causing a few bottles in the door to fall down. Alex was standing in the door way with his arms crossed over his chest and an amused look on his face.

“Alex! Jesus, you scared me,” I placed a hand over my heart and felt the high pulse.

He chuckled and walked over to me and pick up what had fell down before and placed it back where it belonged. “Sorry.”

I sneaked my hand in and took an apple before he closed the door. “It’s alright.” I smiled sheepishly up at him where he stood dangerously close to me. He flashed me an amazing grin that almost got me weak in the knees.

“Aren’t you supposed to be with your friends?” He smirked as he took a step back much to my displeasure.

“They kicked me out when they weren’t allowed to destroy my hair.” I giggled.

He laughed, “I feel you, so what are they up to anyway? Should I be worried?” He asked sarcastically.

“We were going to Jack’s party tonight, I think.” I said thoughtfully.

“Nice, save a dance for me, will ya?” He smirked again and winked at me, before disappearing down to his room again.

I felt butterflies swarm around in my stomach as I climbed the stairs to get back to Sophie’s room, while taking a bite off the apple in my hand.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“Hey beautiful, what are you doing standing here all by yourself?”

I looked up to see one of Derek’s friends, standing in front of me. Though, I couldn’t remember his name, I knew he was a football player as he had the school team’s jacket on as if bragging, which, by the way, succeeded.

I giggled and gave him a cute smile, “Well…” I shrugged. The others had all leaved me, the fuckers. Natalie was on the dance floor looking really cozy with Derek. Sophie was no where to be seen and Alex seemed to have forgotten all about the dance he had promised me.

It was almost midnight and I was pretty tried after the school week and had already been drinking a few tonight so I was feeling a little light headed.

“Can I offer you a drink then,” He flashed me a god like smile and held a red cup out for me to take. He wasn’t as good looking as Alex and he didn’t have as much muscles as Derek but he was okay.

One good thing about being popular; you never had to bring your own booze to a party. The guys always treated you. The trick was to let them think they had control over you. Cause really, all they ever wanted was to get into a girls pants. I never went that far. Just flirting and get on their good side and then end the night with a sweet kiss on the lips, well sometimes it could be a little making out, if the dude was good enough, but never more then that.

Call me a bitch, but I didn’t want to give up my virginity to anyone.

“Thanks,” I said, acting shy as I took the cup from his hand and took a sip. Hm, vodka and something else I couldn’t quite define, tasted like lemon though. It was good; I took another sip and smiled up at him.

“I’m Dick Walker,” He smirked, down at me. I had to try my best to laugh out laud at his name. I muffled it with a cough and to my relief I don’t think he noticed.

“I’m Jessica Johnson.” I introduced myself.

“I know who you are,” He smirked even bigger.

“You do?” I asked bewildered, feeling myself blush.

“Who doesn’t?” He laughed rhetorically. “You’re a junior, you’re friends with Gaskarth’s little sister and Derek’s girlfriend.”

Wow, she was his girlfriend already, well that was fast. It was a little creepy that he knew stuff about me and hadn’t even known his name. But I covered it up with a smile as I looked up at him.

“Yeah, so I was thinking, do you wanna go out sometime? I mean we could just get a coffee or something.” He seemed so nervous, it was so cute, how could I say no to that?

“Yeah, I’d love to,” I smiled up at him.

“Sweet so maybe we could like…double with Derek and your friend, if you want to that is.” He asked a little unsure.

“Yeah sure.” I agreed. He didn’t seem that bad and I would have Natalie there with me so it would be nice I hope.

“Great!” He said excitedly, “So maybe I could get you number or something?” He looked hopeful.

“Yeah, why not,” I shrugged and we exchanged phones to write in each others number.

We spent the rest of the night together, sitting talking then danced a few songs then talked some more. I had a great time, he was really funny and sweet. And the fact that he nervous in the beginning was only cute that meant he actually was afraid I would reject him. I couldn’t wait to go on a date with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peace and Love ;)