Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Finding Out

“Guys, isn’t this the most wonderful day ever?” Natalie said with a huge grin on her face as she sat down by Sophie and me at lunch.

“I don’t see what’s so great about it.” Sophie grumbled, clearly not in a good mood. “Our English teacher just gave us tons of homework, even though he knows we’ve got exams next week.”

“What happened that made your day so wonderful?” I asked Natalie, ignoring Sophie’s whine.

“Derek told me he loved me last night!” She exclaimed happily.

“Wow, you’re getting pretty serious with him aren’t you?” Sophie asked with a smile, trying not to bring the mood down again.

“I love him.” Natalie nodded her head, never loosing the grin. “So, how are you and Alex doing? You guys have been together for what three, four months now?” She asked me.

I couldn’t help but smile at the mention of his name. I looked down at me wrist fingering on the silver bracelet he gave me for Christmas that I haven’t taken off ever since.

“We’re doing great. He’s the best guy ever.” He hadn’t pressured me into going any further than we had that night and I was glad about that. We had been together for almost four months now and I felt like I was finally ready to give myself fully to him now, I just didn’t know how to approach him about it.

“Please, you gotta give us some details. How far have you guys gone?” She asked with a smirk on her face. Somehow I knew this conversation was inevitable but I still felt pretty awkward to talk about it, especially since it was Sophie’s brother.

Thankfully Sophie saved me before I had to tell her anything. “God, I don’t want to hear what my brother’s doing behind closed doors.”

“Oh, but I do. Just think of it as any other guy. Come on, this is Jess’s first serious relationship. We’ve never had this talk with her before and I’m curious. So how far have you guys gone?” She turned to me with excitement in her eyes.

I guess I spoke to soon, because this time Sophie didn’t stop her but looked at me waiting for an answer.

“Do we have to have this conversation here?” I asked annoyed.

“Yes, now speak!”

I sighed, I wasn’t getting out of this. “We’ve made out, but not much more than that. We’ve decided to take things slow.”

“Oh, boring.” Natalie rolled her eyes. “You like him don’t you?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged. “That’s the reason why I don’t want to rush things with him.”

“Guys, I’ve got great news!” I heard someone yell behind me.

“He doesn’t know does he?” Natalie asked me, ignoring the yell from behind us, thinking it was some random person.

“Knows what?” I asked confused.

“That you’re still a virgin?” She looked at me intensely. Then she cried out and held onto her shin. “Sophie, what the fuck?”

I looked up at Sophie with a confused look as to why she had kicked Natalie, but she just looked above our heads at something behind us. I turned around in my seat and saw Alex standing there with a shocked look on his face.

“Are you a virgin?” He finally asked in whisper.

I gulped. I didn’t know how to respond to that. I guess the look on my face gave it away, cause he didn’t wait for a reply.

“Why didn’t you tell me? Don’t you think that’s something I should know, being your boyfriend and all?” He asked now louder. I could tell he was getting angry and upset about this but I really didn’t know what to say to him.

“You know what, never mind.” He turned around and walked out of the cafeteria before I had a chance to stop him. My eyes filled with tears as I saw him leave.

I looked back at Sophie and Natalie but they both just looked down at the table awkwardly. “And this is exactly why I didn’t want to have this conversation here. Thank you very much.” I scolded sarcastically before standing up to find Alex and try to talk to him.

In the cafeteria doors I was stopped by Jack and Caleb. “Do you know what’s up with Alex? He seemed upset, he just rushed by and didn’t want to talk to us.” Jack asked me.

“Oh, god.” I bit my lip trying my best not to cry. How did I get myself in this situation?

“Are you okay?” Caleb asked me, his eyes full of concern.

I just shook my head.

“Did something happen? I thought he was happy, didn’t he tell you the news?”

I looked up at him in confusing before it dawned on me. Alex was the one coming in to the cafeteria and yelling he had good news. He was coming up to us to tell us when he overheard our conversation. I just wanted to die, right there.

“What was the news?” I asked slowly.

“We’re playing a show this Friday and there’s going to be this guy from Hopeless Records there, and if he likes us, there’s a huge possibility that we will get signed!” Jack said excitedly.

I smiled even though I was feeling miserable. “That’s great you guys.”

“You’re coming to see us right?”

“Of course. I wouldn’t want to miss that. But I gotta go find Alex. See you guys later.” I waved and walked of down the corridor to where Alex had his locker, hoping to find him there. I was glad none of them had pestered me into telling them what’s wrong. I’m sure Alex would fill them in later if he wanted them to know.

I couldn’t find him anywhere in school and I was about to give up when I thought about calling him. I pulled my phone out of my pocket seeing I had a text from Natalie and opened it up.

‘I’m sooo sorry! I never meant for him to hear that…’

I ignored it for now, Alex was more important. I wasn’t really mad at her, I just never wanted him to find out, especially not like that. I searched in my contacts for Alex number and pressed call. After several long moments I realised he wasn’t going to answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song of the week: Race You To The Bottom - New Medicine

Just because I can't stop listening to that fucking annoying song xD

It's like 2:30 am now, and I've got school in the morning... I've spent most of the night on this thing xD

Peace and Love!