Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Dreamer

I went through my wardrobe for what seemed like the hundred time this evening, desperately trying to find something to wear. I sighed in frustration as I couldn’t find anything I thought would be good enough.

I looked at the clock on my wall. Dick was supposed to pick me up in less than an hour and I was starting to freak out right about now.

I decided that I was getting nowhere with this so I run out of my room, down the stairs and out of the house. I only stopped briefly to lock the door as no one else was home and then quickly bolted down the street.

I run the two blocks that separated Sophie’s house and mine, I was in desperate need of some styling tips and she was the best at it, and I hoped to borrow some piece of her clothing as well, and knocked impatiently on the door. It took a while before anyone answered but when the door finally opened Alex was standing there with a popsicle in his mouth. He smiled widely as he saw me.

I never thought the day would come when I was not happy to see Alex, but right now wasn’t the best time to meet him. I was getting ready for a date with another boy that was not Alex.

“Hi dreamer,” Alex grinned at me. Yeah, he usually calls me dreamer because I some times space out when I’m around him. Hard to figure out why that is.

“Hey Alex,” I didn’t have time to stay and chit chat. I walked past him and started up the stairs towards Sophie’s room.

“Soph’s not home, you know,” He stated calmly behind me, closing the front door.

“Bummer,” I cursed rather loudly and stopped dead in my track.

Sophie’s mom stepped out of the kitchen to see what was going on. When she saw me she smiled real big. “Oh, hello dear, how are you?”

“I’m fine, thank you, Mrs. Gaskarth,” I smiled back. Oh shit think of something fast of why you’re here. “I’m in a little bit of hurry though, I forgot my sweater here the other day and I was just picking it up real fast, I’m sorry.” I pointed up to Sophie’s room as I talked so she’d get the point and let me go up there.

“Oh, no worries, Sophie’s not home though, but you go ahead.” She gestured up the stairs that I was already halfway up.

I smiled at her once more before taking the rest of the stairs and go into Sophie’s room. I went to her closet the first thing, I already knew what I was looking for and hopefully I’d find it fast.

It was a blue tunic with circles or whatever on. And even though I was, what I would like to call, healthier than Sophie, she was one or two sizes smaller than me; this one would fit me just fine since it was wide and with a belt in the waist.

I squealed out in joy when I found it and quickly pulled the shirt I had on over my head and put this one on instead. Luckily I had already a pair of tights on me that would fit with the outfit perfectly.

“So, no sweater, huh?” I turned around and saw Alex standing in the doorway, still sucking on his popsicle. Oh, how I wish I could be a popsicle.

I blushed as I thought he might have seen me change clothes. I turned around again so he wouldn’t see my face and looked in the mirror instead. “No,” I confessed.

He chuckled and walked further into the room. “What are you getting so dressed up for then?” He asked casually as he stood behind me observing my outfit.

I felt a little uncomfortable and insecure under his gaze. I wanted so badly for him to like me, and I was afraid he would see something he didn’t like if he looked too close. I usually wasn’t so nervous around guys, Alex was the only one who seemed to have that effect on me.

“I have a date tonight,” I decided to go with the truth. “And I couldn’t find anything to wear so I came her in hopes that Soph would help me out but, but oh well…”

“Hm,” I tried to read his expression but I couldn’t understand it. “That looks nice, if you ask me, but I’m not really good at this, so…” He shrugged and laughed at little.

I laughed at him, “Yeah, this one’s it.” I walked over to Sophie’s bed where I had thrown my shirt and neatly folded it.

“May I ask who the lucky guy is?” Alex followed me and sat down the bed facing me where I stood.

I debated whether I should tell him or not. I knew he didn’t like him, but decided I didn’t want to lie to him. “Dick Walker,” I sighed averting my eyes from him.

I heard him sigh as well and there were an awkward silence between us for a few seconds. “I can’t say I’m happy about this,” He started. I looked at him as he ran a hand through that long and completely adorable hair of his. “He’s no good for you, he’s only after one thing.”

I gave him a weak smile and sat down next to him. “That’s not true,” I argued, “He’s a total sweetheart.”

He looked at me with a frown on his face. “Yeah, he acts like that now, he only plays with you until you give him what he wants and then move on to the next girl. I know how guys like him works.”

“He’s not like that, though.”

“Look, I’m only gonna say what’s on my mind, I don’t want to see you get hurt. You’re like a little sister to me.”

I felt a sting in my heart as I heard him say those words. He only saw me as a baby sister; I would never be anything else. He would never see me as something more. I faked a smile to hide my feelings. “I know, it’s sweet you look after me, but I really like this guy. And he’s…”

My gaze accidentally got stuck on the clock as I looked around the room. “He’s supposed to pick me up in like 5 minutes. Shit I have to hurry home.” I started to freak out and jumped off the bed and took my shirt and was already half way out of the room before Alex had even take a time to understand what was going on.

“I’ll drive you,” He offered.

I stared at him in shock for a while before I understood what he was saying. I smiled at him, “No, it’s fine, it’s only two blocks away.”

“Yeah, but you’re in a hurry, it doesn’t hurt ya,” He send me one of his million dollar smirk that I absolute couldn’t say no to.

“Okay sure,” I said breathlessly, he did that to me.

He dropped me off at me place and just as his car drove away. Dick pulled up in my driveway. I took a deep breath; my heart was still pounding hard inside my chest. I walked up to his car and hopped into the passenger side.

“Hi, there,” He smiled at me. Though it was a cute smile, it could never compare to Alex’s.

“Hello,” I smiled back as genuine as I could muster.

“You, ready to go?” He asked as he started the car and started to drive down the road.

“As ready as can be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
More Alex in this one ;)

And here's what she was wearing

Tell me what you think, I'd love to hear it :D

Peace and Love!