Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

Caring Alex

I woke up in the middle of the night with an urge to pee. I tried to find my phone but thought that it probably would be upstairs in my purse since I couldn’t find it. I had no idea what time it was, though since the room was pitch dark it was probably still night.

I knew I had to get up if I did want to wet my pants. I slowly sat up in bed though it was too fast. My ears started ringing and I got nauseous.

I could hear Alex breathing heavily next to me and knew he was sound asleep. I didn’t want to wake him but I had to turn the lights on. I wasn’t familiar with his room and in this state I was in now I didn’t want to risk fumbling around and knocking something over.

So I turned the night light on and as quietly as I could, tiptoed out of the room. I came out in a hallway and went for the door straight across from the one I just came out of. To my luck, it was the bathroom.

I shut the door behind me and did my business. After I washed my hands I stood there staring at my reflection. I looked horribly. My make up was smudged all over my face. My lips were red and puffy from the alcohol and my eyes were bloodshot, probably from the same reason cause I didn’t remember crying earlier.

I sighed and felt the wave of nausea coming over me again and this time full force. Did I really drink that much last night? I was gonna get sick. I hurried over to the toilet and pulled up the lid just before I emptied my stomach in it.

When I was done I lay down on my back on the floor and closed my eyes. My head was pounding but I felt so much better after that. The nausea was gone but that now came with loosing all energy. I couldn’t even move, I wanted to go back to sleep and the hard floor was suddenly very comfortable.

I heard the door open slowly but didn’t acknowledge it. The person who came in let out a string of curse words and quickly sat down on the floor next to me. “Jessie,” They whispered slightly. The words echoed in my head making it impossible to identify the voice.

“Oh, shit, Jessica,” They said louder and held my face in their hands. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at them.

“Are you alright?” He asked worriedly.

“Alex?” I couldn’t even see him clearly it was all so blurry. Shit, had I lost my contacts? I didn’t remember taking them out before I went to bed.

“Yeah, I’m here,” He said calmingly. He helped me up in sitting position, leaned up against the wall. “How are you feeling?”

“A lot better now,” I answered honestly. “I’m just tired, is all.”

“Okay, just sit still,” Like I would move voluntarily, every move I made just made the pain in my whole body increase tenfold. I was too tired to even feel embarrassed that he saw me in this state. He walked up to the counter and took a glass standing there. He filled it with water and then handed it to me. “Drink up, so you won’t dehydrate.”

“Thanks,” I mumbled and took the glass from him and drank from it. “Did I wake you up?” I asked looking up at him standing in front of me.

“Don’t worry about it; it looked like you needed help.” He smiled sympathetically down at me.

“Sorry,” I murmured looking down at the glass downing the rest of it.

“Come on, let’s get you back to bed,” He said, helping me up. I only nodded, wanting nothing more than sleep right now. “You’re not gonna be sick again, are you?” He asked cautiously.

“No, I’m fine,” I chuckled and gladly lay down on the bed again. I just wanted to sleep. “Alex?” I called out to him.

He sat down on the side of the bed, “Yeah?”

“Why did you stay?” I asked him, it was something I had been thinking about since last night.

“What do you mean?” He frowned.

“I mean last night? There was an empty guest room upstairs so why did you stay here?”

“Oh, uh, you were pretty much out of it, and I knew you would be sick sometime in the night and I know how awful that is, believe me, I’ve been there many times, and I didn’t want you to go through it alone. There were times I wished someone had been there to take care of me when I was in that state. Plus, Soph asked me to look after you.” He shrugged smiling down at me.

Okay, it was too much at the same time for me to take in. But I got the last part. “Soph asked you to what?” I asked feeling confused. Why the hell would she do that?

“She said you had drunk much more than they had and you were the one who would most likely need help in the night. She said she would have done it herself if she wasn’t so drunk.” Great, now he makes me sound like a fucking drunk.

“Uh,” I felt awkward and didn’t really know what to say.

“It’s okay,” He chuckled, “Try to get some sleep and you’ll feel better tomorrow.”

He didn’t need to say that twice. Before he had even walked around the bed and got in on his side again I was out cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you guys for real? Seriously I've got ten stars at seven chapters :D

Thank you!