Status: If I survive December, I'll update this in January, I promise :)

Baby, I'm A Dreamer For Sure

School Lunch

“What’s with you today, Soph?” I asked her as we stood in the cafeteria waiting in the queue. She had been down all day and hadn’t told me what was wrong. It was now Wednesday and I hadn’t seen Alex since Saturday. I felt so embarrassed I didn’t know if I could ever face him again.

She shrugged, “Jack’s a fucking ass,” She told me after a while. Wow, they seemed fine just yesterday.

I sighed, should have known. “What happened?”

“I dumped him,” She said in a ‘duh’ voice. “He’s such a jerk, and he wasn’t even good in bed.”

I rolled my eyes and she walked away from me when she got her tray. When I was done I went to the tables to look where she had sat down. This week we had sat with Derek, Dick and Jack but as I looked to their table only Natalie sat there next to Derek. Where could she have gone then? I felt stupid just standing there, but what was I supposed to do?

“Jessie!” I suddenly heard Sophie call my name and I looked over to where it had came from. “Sit down here,” She was sitting with her brother and his friends. Shit, what do I do now? Should I ditch Sophie and sit with Dick and Natalie? Of course then Sophie would be mad hell at me, but otherwise I had to face Alex and I wasn’t sure I was ready for that.

But I was a coward, I couldn’t handle a fight with Sophie so I slowly begun to walk towards her table. I sat down on the only empty seat between Sophie and Jack Barakat. Alex was sitting right in front of me but I didn’t dare to look at him.

“Hello Dreamer,” Alex said with a smirk on those adorable lips of his.

My heart beat faster in my chest as I looked up at him, “Hi Alex.”

“How’s the alcohol intake going?” He chuckled.

I felt a blush rise to my cheek. What the hell? Did he have to be so mean? I was already feeling bad about that night as it was, why did he have to bring it up?

“I’m just kidding with you,” He laughed at my expression.

“Ha-ha, really funny,” I said bitterly. He gave me an apologetic look and I smiled back at him.

I started eating of my food and listen as the others held a conversation. I recognized the other guys around the table as Rian Dawson, Zack Merrick who were the rest of the member’s of Alex band and Matt Flyzik.

“Here comes the Walking Penis,” Alex muttered while the rest laughed. I looked behind me and saw Dick coming up to our table.

“Stop it, Alex,” I glared at him.

“Jessie,” I heard a voice above me, that silenced everyone at the table. I looked up and saw Dick standing there looking down at me. “Why don’t you come sit at our table?” He asked and before I even had time to answer he picked up my tray and waited for me to stand up.

“No, she’s staying here,” Sophie said sternly, laying a hand on my arm to hold me still in my seat. She glared at him. I didn’t know why she was so angry at Dick now, he never did anything wrong.

I was torn once again. Dick clearly wanted me to go with him and I could understand him I hadn’t seen him all day. But Sophie wanted me to say. I really wasn’t in the mood of fighting with anyone but I didn’t know what to do.

“I don’t want you to be around these people,” Dick said lowly to me and looked over the guys around the table.

I gulped and rose to my feet. I didn’t want Dick mad at me and I could deal with Sophie’s wrath later. He smirked when he saw I was going to go with him and we started walking away.

“Hey Penis!” My heart sank as I heard Alex call him out.

The worst part here wasn’t what Alex had called him, but the fact that he actually listened to it and turned around to face him.

“What do you want Gaskarth?” He snapped at him.

All the guys plus Sophie laughed at him for that reason. I tried to muffle my laughter but a few giggles slipped my lips. Dick quickly snapped his head in my direction and glared at me, and I shut up.

“Don’t you fucking tell her what to do or who to be with, dipshit!” Alex glared at him, standing up from his seat.

“And who are you to talk; she clearly wants to go with me so why do you try to stop her?”

At this point I got seriously scared. I hated people fighting and this didn’t seem to go down well. A lot of people at the tables around us were watching and I didn’t like the attention. And even though how grateful I was to Alex for standing up for me, right now I just wanted him to shut up. They started yelling profanities towards one another and I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Shut up, both of you!” I screamed at them, having had enough. They just stared shocked at me. I rolled my eyes and took Dick’s hand and begun pulling him forcefully out of there. He took a firm grip around my waist and started leading us out of the cafeteria and away from everyone’s stares.

I looked back once and my heart sank as my eyes met with Alex’s disappointed ones. I just looked at him hopelessly, my eyes beginning to water. I had no other choice but to drag Dick out of there before they’d caused a scene. But I didn’t like that look Alex had given me; I didn’t want him to be disappointed in me. I hoped he’d understand that what I did was for the best for all of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
;)