Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 40: Just Say Anything

Alex’s POV:

“Did you just say boyfriend?” Matt had an all knowing smirk on his face as if he was anticipating this moment for a long time. I nervously checked if the hallway was clear of people before nodding a little apprehensively. God it seems like whenever I want to break some news to people it always happens in the most awkward way possible. First the Barakat’s finding us making out in Jacks room, then Rian & Zack guessing because of my sex hair and now Matt from my stupid remark. Matt didn’t seem too fazed just the initial shock of my word vomit kinda hit him hard.

“Well it took you two long enough to figure it out. Who knows about you two?” Leaning against the door frame I sighed.

“Quite a few people, both our families obviously and Rian and Zack guessed, so they know.” He looked a little disappointed at this.

“Wow, and you only just decided to tell me? I am offended Gaskarth.” He punched my arm lightly, I was glad Matt was understanding about it all but if I was honest I knew he was the easiest one to confess to. I only wished I did it a little more subtly.

“I was going to tell everyone with Jack, apparently he’s much more engrossed with the game than this whole announcement.” He instantly caught on to my annoyance with my boyfriend and was quick to reassure.

“He’ll come around, it’s almost finished anyway.” I shrugged my eyes trained to the inside of the living room watching everyone staring obediently at the wide screen TV.

“I dunno Matt, maybe this was a bad idea.” It looked as if all the crew was entranced with a simple moving picture. I could always wait till another group meeting.

“Hey, you know it’s better to tell them now then it is to wait. If you want I could get their attention for you.” The idea of all eyes on me unnerved me to no end, although I’m going to have to get used to it if I want to go on tour.

“Umm yeah, that would be great.” Sure my voice sounded slightly lacklustre but c’mon I was nervous. Matt however was fine with the whole thing.

“Let me go get lover boy, then give me the word and I’ll shut everyone up. Sound like a plan?” Feeling a little apprehensive I nodded and watched as Matt managed to get Jacks attention without arousing any suspicion. God this sounds more like a spy mission then telling people about your relationship. Yet I was glad to see the Jack casually stroll outside grabbing my hand as he arrived.

“Sorry Lex, wanted to see if we would beat those bastards. I’m guessing you told Matt then?” Pulling him into a hug my nerves eased a little in his hold. He always knew how to calm me down.

“Yeah with no help from you, fucker.” I grumbled against his chest the musical sound of his laughter vibrated against his ribs.

“M’sorry he’s cool with it though right?” Pulling away my fingers tugged idly at my hair.

“Thankfully, do you think it’s going to be okay Jack?” He smiled pecking my check before holding my face in his hands, his dark eyes serious.

“Alex, you’re over thinking things again.” Rolling my eyes I hated to admit it but I knew just as well as he did that I was doing it. It was simply one of my habits that I find hard to break.

“Everything’s going to be fine.” Twining our hands together he glanced towards Matt who was waiting beside the couch for the signal. Obviously he got the picture pressing the pause button on the remote with a deviant smile on his face. An uproar of yells in protest soon followed although Matt stayed calm. As we both re-entered the living room he put the remote on the desk beside him, hands held up in surrender.

“It was a commercial break anyway, jeez.”

“Guys, me and Jack have something to say.” It was at this point everyone stared at Greico who was still busy demolishing the rest of the Doritos, making noises similar to a fucking jack hammer. He put them on the floor blushing and mumbling a quick apology before I continued.

“Okay first off I wanted to say that after a lot of consideration I think I’m prepared to go back on tour.” Matt looked a little shocked as he wasn’t expecting to hear this so he hurriedly scurried away with his cell phone. Most likely arranging things with the bosses at GK as we speak. I was glad that the whole consensus was a positive one after the news yet that was only half of the speech. It came as a relief as Jack finally spoke up on my behalf.

“But there’s something else we wanted to say.” Passing a quick glance in my direction I nodded preparing for the reaction that was about to ensue.

“Me and Alex are in a relationship.” At first most people sat their blinking in shock. Although they finally broke into grins and cat calls saying the same things over and over like “I knew it.” Or “Finally.” The weight on my shoulders slowly lifted giving way to an immense sense of freedom and acceptance. Matt soon walked back again and chuckled.

“You know, the rules still stand. No sex on the bus.” As I blushed it was as if nothing changed, except now I know I’m never going to hear the end of the teasing. Oddly enough I was okay with that, after all we are all one big happy yet slightly dysfunctional family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe this is chapter 40, quite a milestone
All in all this is 58 pages on Word and approximately 43,901 words long, I'm feeling pretty sentimental today :L
Well I know where the rest of the story is heading and soon enough my baby of a project will be all grown up. Which is quite a weird thought.
I know its not quite the end yet but at this point I want to thank each and every one of you guys for constantly commenting and reading my chapters, it seriously is the best feeling to have your guys support :)
So for once this chapter is dedicated to all of you, and you guys know who you are ;)
Updates soon xXx