Status: If you haven't already please read the authors note in Chapter 46, just want to clarify things with you guys :)

I Don't Even Know His Name...

Chapter 41: Something We Live For

Jacks POV:

Time has passed quickly since our last group meeting. Matt being the manic manager he always is, he talked with the bigwigs at Glamour Kills. In a matter of minutes they had devised an incredible tour spanning the width and breadth of America. Of course it wouldn’t begin till a number of months in the future however when your in a band like this, time seems to ebb away pretty darn fast. Starting with some album work. Obviously we were all still cautious of Alex being shunted into the fast paced whirlwind we call the music industry, so we took our time.

We began recording some ideas in a local studio close to home and our hearts. It was one of the first places we laid down tracks in the very beginning of our music career. Sentiment was a mutual feeling between all of us the first time we came back. Alex was the most affected, smiling when he spotted the worn acoustic lying in the corner. A beloved instrument that we had strummed the hell out of over the course of our lifetime. As we settled on the small couch the ideas started flowing. The lyrical cogs in each of our minds slowly began to grind again, churning out melodies galore.

In a matter of days we had at least 5 new songs in the making. I always knew Alex would never forget this, he always had the talent to express his emotions through words. It was impossible for him to lose it. That was when it felt like we were a bunch of eager school boys again, running back to studio at any time possible. As the days warped together we stood motionless, before us was the makings of a new album. The songs had more of an edge to them, a rawness that still carried our signature sound.

We were a little nervous on how our fans would receive but for now we were proud of the work we created. It remained nameless for awhile, all of us pondering for a deserving name. Yet with the combined thoughts of both Alex and Zack we tentatively donned the new album “Dirty Work”. Both the promotion of the tour and album soon ate away at most of our time. Although in between last minute interviews and our hectic schedules Alex and I managed to sneak in some time together.

Whether it was something small like watching movies all night and snuggling to going out to dinner. However we had to be sneaky about the whole thing, it only takes one inquisitive fan to blow our secret out of the water. Sure we haven’t been too intimate in awhile but frankly I don’t give a damn. It’s not something we are dependent on and I’m glad, that’s not the relationship I want with him. He’s means too much to me for that. At the moment it’s only 3 days away from the start of tour, both of us were searching through the cave I call my room for things to pack. Alex was currently shin deep in t-shirts looking around my wardrobe with an air of worry about him, which wasn’t unusual for him I guess.

“How many T-shirts will I need?” He frowned holding up two v-necks for a moment, thinking, until deciding the one on the left was the better option. Even if they were both the same.

“Not too many, we usually find some place to wash our stuff. Or we re-use them in times of need.” His reaction was hilarious a small grimace and a wrinkle to his nose was all it took to show me he wasn’t too keen on the idea.

“You’ll get used to it.” I grinned tossing a pair of Nikes onto my bed. I was secretly a little sad to be leaving the haven of my home, of course I miss my apartment but nothing compares to the place you grew up in. It also served as the perfect place to help Alex get over his amnesia, now we were entering the fast paced world of touring. I just prayed that he wouldn’t have a panic attack during the whole thing, it’s happened in the past and it was scary as fuck.

“Do you think I can do this Jack?” To my surprise he was stood in front of me, I was too zoned out to realise he had moved over to the other side of the room. Pulling him into my arms I enveloped him into a loving hug.

“Of course you can, trust me. This is going to be awesome.” He smiled resting his chin on my shoulder.

“Just another adventure huh?” I chuckled at his summary of the whole tour but I liked it.

“Yeah, one big strange and sweaty adventure.” Smirking and leaning close to him the excitement built in my veins. There is always an underlying sense of worry when Alex is involved but deep down I know this tour is going to go down in history.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lil side note, they are younger in the story then in real life I'd say they are both 20 at this point :)
Well I got to thinking about March and the tour and it kinda inspired most of the chapter
I've been kinda delayed since I've just had a French Oral yesterday and have 3 science exams in the next week.
My B-E-A-UTIFUL commenters are: LuBearr; Mentos and diet Coke, LipstikLullabies and FrEaK_oF_lIFe you guys are da bomb :)
So any comments would be lush, seeing as I've got a lot of damn stress atm :P
Updates soon xXx