Majesty Castle

Chapter 4

Not every father and son relationship is flawless. Such is the case with Zacky and his father, Glenn. Zacky, named after his Uncle, Zakk, was always the pride and joy of his father. As a boy, he could do no wrong, but as a man, Glenn no longer acknowledged Zacky as his. To Glenn, he only had one child, Zoey, Zacky’s little sister.

While Zoey tried to be the peacemaker between the two, Glenn wouldn’t have it. In his eyes his son was not a man. It was no secret to any of his friends and most of his family, that Zacky was pretty flamboyant growing up, but his father had never expected to find him in bed with another man when he was just 16. From that day on, Glenn didn’t say another word to his son.

While the secret was out, everyone else in the family just turned a blind eye. Granted, Zacky did marry a woman, whom he loved, he liked having the best of both worlds. He was an equal opportunity lover when it came to men and women. Fawn, was his first love. She was beautiful, with green eyes that rivaled his and black hair that hung loosely about her slender waist. Fawn was head over heels in love with her husband and although, he did love her too, his heart belonged to Luke.

Luke was the son of an old family friend. He and Zacky had started a secret relationship many years ago. While Fawn knew of her husband’s extra marital activities, she chose to ignore it feeling as if she protested; she would lose the man she loved forever.

“Why does it bother you so much that Luke is here lately?” Zacky placed his hands on Johnny’s shoulder as he asked the question. Even though he and Johnny were related, they were still best of friends since childhood. Where one was, you could usually always find the other. Johnny had known about Zacky and Luke and he had no problem with their relationship until the last couple of years, but no one knew why. Johnny just shrugged off Zacky’s hand and walked away visibly pissed off.

“What’s the mute’s problem now?” Luke asked as he approached Zacky.

“Don’t call him that.” Zacky warned as he eyed Luke over the rim of his brandy glass.

“Well, it’s not like he’s going to strike up a conversation with me any time soon.”

Zacky turned his back to Luke and set his glass down on the mantle before turning to face him again. “I don’t know why he doesn’t like you all of a sudden. He was fond of you once. Can you think of any reason why?”

“No.” Luke put his hands in the pocket of his tailored pants. “I honestly can’t say I have any idea what I could have possibly done to make Johnny hate me.”

Zacky loved Luke, but Johnny was family and he had a soft spot for Johnny. With Johnny not speaking, he had no choice other than to take Luke’s word for it, but deep down he wondered if something did happen between his friend and his lover and if so, what could it be?