Sequel: Postcards From...
Status: Re-written

The Club Is Open Until 8:00Pm

Quarante Six

Monet's POV

I would never ever think that Green Jell-O could be the one to same me. I love you Green Jell-O and thanks for getting me out of that hospital!

I was getting a ride now from Gerard, Mikey, and Alicia and Frankie. Steve was waiting outside, as he had called out of work to be there. Joanne couldn't call out.

Gerard killed the engine of the car and unlocked all of the doors. I jumped out and headed towards the house. Steve bent over to my height and smiled, greeting me with a fatherly hug. "I can't tell you how much I've missed you." He claimed. I offered him a small smile. "So are you feeling any better?" He asked. I started to nod, then I looked back at Gerard and finished nodding. Steve glanced back at the guys for a second, and smiled.

Gerard and Frankie came up to stand beside me and Gerard placed his hand on my shoulder, like he was proud of me or something. Steve smiled, and I noticed Andy peek out the screen door. I smiled. For once I was happy to see the kid. He smiled widely, showing his teeth and came running out. "Monet I can't believe you're home. Finally. Did the evil doctors hurt you?!" I shook my head, wanting to laugh, but also not wanting to laugh. "Don't worry, She's perfectly ok." Gerard informed.

Andy sorta tipped his head to the side at the two strange men. I had forgotten that Andy has never met them yet, when they all seemed like such important people in my life. It was gonna feel weird If they left. When they left cause obviously the would sooner or later.

"Who are you again?" Andy asked sheepishly. Gerard looked at Frankie trying to word his answer. Was he my dad or just a friend? They didn't know how to answer. "That man is Monet's dad, Andy?" Steve answered, taking the burden off of them. Andy looked from Gerard to me and then back at Gerard. "They kinda look alike. If you close one eye and squint real hard with they other." That made Frankie laugh. Frankie laughing made Andy smile.

...

Before I knew it, they had to leave. I was showing Gerard the creek that ran behind our house. I loved this creek. Isn't It beautiful? The whiteboard asked. He nodded slowly. "It is." He strained. He knew he had to leave soon. I knew he had to leave soon. I had practically begged the others to let me show him this one last thing, promising that I would take no longer than 5 minutes. It was closing down on 4 minutes and 10 seconds. 50 seconds left. 49, 48, 47...

I didn't want him to leave, so I thought for a moment, wasting the few second I had left, wondering how I could make these last few seconds count. Does that make sense? I don't know, but I've already spent 4 seconds thinking about it and I still have no clue.

I hope you have a good show! The whiteboard said. He smiled. "Thanks..." Dammit Monet, think! Think! THINK! Of all the times to go brain dead, why now? What do most girl do when they see their dad? They hug right? Maybe kiss. I don't wanna kiss him, that's gross! I'm not trying to sound mean or anything but daughters and fathers don't kiss do they? I understand it's not the whole, tongue-tongue-attached-to-each-others-face kind of kiss, but still. No.

He started to turn away slightly. Stupid, look what you've done! He's going away. I thought there was two of me for a second. "Oh man." I muttered accidentally loud enough for him to hear. "What is it?" He asked. It's decided. It was gonna feel weird, but who cares.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. "It was nothing." I whispered slowly. His hand graced the back of my head, his fingers sliding under the layers or hair, and he kissed my the top of my head. Is this what I've been missing for the past 14-15 years.

I didn't want to let go, but I had to, as Frankie and Mikey were calling, and our 5 minutes alone together were up. As soon as he let go, I missed the feeling. The feeling of finally having a dad, one that cared about me enough to kiss me and tell me he loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for no update over the last week :(