Who We'll Be

Stars

+Sky's POV+

I flopped down the sofa, and stared blankly at the pallid ceiling, fighting my weary eyes to stay open.

After some minutes, I started to fully close them, and my mind started over thinking everything I found out today.

So she’s already with someone else now…

With that guy…

Only a month had passed…

…and she’s already over me.

Does that mean I should be too?

But...I still can't let go—


A loud banging suddenly disrupted my thoughts. It took me some time to realize that the sound was coming from the front of the house—someone’s knocking at the door.

It’s almost the middle of the night, and the rain was not in it’s gentle condition. Who the hell would bother to visit me at this hour?

I hesitantly got up and walk towards the front of the house, and reached for the door knob lazily.

“Sky…” the girl said in a tone of relief when I had finally opened the door.

My mouth dropped open as I saw the girl in front of me, dripping wet and shivering on my porch like a poor kitten.

She was rubbing her arms, and her flawless legs where trembling.

She’s the girl I should be hating right now, because she’s part of the reason my girlfriend broke up with me.

But then again, it’s still mostly my fault for not telling my girlfriend the things I should have said in the first place...

...and she’s the only girl who truly cared for me right now.

“What are you doing here?!” I asked, my eyes growing wide. “Lauren, you’re soaking wet! You ran over here all alone while its raining so hard?!”

She didn’t say anything.

The rain had showered her whole clothing, making them glue to her skin, letting it fit and show her fine curves perfectly.

She just bit her lip, as if she was about to cry, and bowed her head. “I was…worried about you.”

I looked at her puzzlingly.

“Why would you be?”

Seriously. Going alone at night at my house while raining was just worrying too much.

She looked down, looking shy for some reason, and she started rubbing her arms hastily. “I got the news that Symmery and Eric are together now…and…welll…”

I raised an eyebrow.

She just smiled.

“I was thinking you’re going to do something reckless again.”

Her statement confused me for a moment, until I realized what she actually meant.

I smiled back at her.

“I can’t find a gun anywhere.”

“Sky!”

“I’m kidding!”

I chuckled as I let her in the house. I cant just leave her outside, after running all the way here just to see me.

* * *

“I can’t believe I skipped almost a month o f school for you,” Lauren said as she slowly took a sip of her tea.

“Well, I didn’t ask you to,” I said as I played with my bracelet, throwing it up until it reached the ceiling, and catching it back.

We had been talking on my dim-lit kitchen for hours, and I was sitting on the counter, while she was on a chair with my blanket warmly wrapped around her.

“I think I’ll get back to Jersey a week from now. You’ll come with me, right?”

I raised an eyebrow.

“I still have some stuff to fix here…”

Her full lips formed a pout.

I just smirked at her expression--it was just too adorable.

She started to grin back as she took another sip of her tea, and her smile made me lighten up a bit.

* * *

A few minutes later, she stared at the wall clock, and her eyes widened. “Oops, I gotta go.”

I bit my lip.

“Oh…okay.”

Truth is, I don’t want her to go yet…

We walked together towards the porch, and the rain had already stopped, but it left it’s wintry feel around us. Lauren nodded goodbye as I was about to close the door, when she suddenly called my name.

“Sky…?”

I paused and looked at her.

“Yeah?”

She smiled.

“I love you.”

I stood frozen and stared at Lauren.

She had always been there for me, whenever I’m going through my darkest days…

…telling me that everything’s gonna be alright…

…and always trying to make me feel better, making me realize…

…that I do love her too.

I smiled as I pulled her closer and lowered my head, and I gave her my sincerest kiss.

Our aggressive lips harmonized perfectly, because we had done this so many times before, and it felt good to do that again.

I let Lauren's delicate arms wrap around me.

But as we kissed, my thoughts were revolving around something else.

About someone else.

My Symmery.

Wait, no.

I shouldn’t do that.

She doesn’t want me anymore.

I’m not supposed to want her anymore either….

But if it was up to me, I would’ve imprison her in my arms forever.

But if this is what she wants…

…then I need to let go.

I don’t deserve her anyways.

I never did.


Lauren and I pulled away, and she smiled and happily waved goodbye as she marched out of my porch.

I just sighed and looked up at sky, examining the stars.

They were twinkling away, sparkling like diamonds…

…reminding me of Symmery’s eyes, her smile...her everything.

My everything.

I couldn’t help but let go of a tear I’ve been hiding for a while.

I just closed my eyes.

Symmery…

…I’m letting you go now…

…I hope he can make you happy.