Fight to the Death

When I Wake Up From This Nightmare

(no one in particular's POV)

For the second time in less than 2 hours, everyone was once again assembled in the meeting room.

Some kids had tried and succeeded in braking out of their dorm room.

Normally you'd think they'd try to escape right? Well no, not these kids. These particular “idiot punks” decided to break out and runaway... into the kitchen! Yeah, the kitchen of all the fucking places!!

All the teachers were setting on the stage in seats (like before) as the Director once again, was giving his speech/ lecture to the kids that sat shaking in their seats in front of him. By the end, as usual, the elder's Director, was screaming and yelling causing pretty much every single teenager in the audience to shake in their seats. More so than what was mentioned before.

Sure, it was the purpose and the “scared” outcome was what was wanted, but it's surprising none of them could see that. You would think that at least a few would be hard asses and at least try to mask their fear somehow but evidently not.

The Director however was all talk and pretty much no action. He had a huge mouth and would talk about doing things to scare people, especially the kids but he wouldn't do anything he would say, in the end... Talk but nothing to show for it. Every single one of the teachers thought he was that way from the beginning but now... with what happened in regards to Valencia Blaire they were sure he was acting all tough, it was all for show. He would talk about the punishment he would make her endure to no avail but every single one of them knew he was too afraid of her to actually act on it. He was deathly afraid he would end up exactly like his son had only hours before. In the hospital and in the Intensive Care Unit on the brink of death. Okay, so that sounds a bit harsh, Yeah? It's all true though.

The seven teachers left in charge of the dorms, slowly shoved their groups of teenagers towards the house part of the huge building. Five of those seven men, were thinking of only one thing...

Blaire, the young girl who is undoubtedly setting in a jail cell all alone. For doing something she had no choice in. That the guy who she had hurt, had actually deserved in full. Actually he deserved much worse that what he got in reality.

After shoving them all in, the teenagers, those five men met back at the teachers house.

-

“I say Jimmy go.” Brian suggested.

“Why am I the one who always has to fucking gooooo?” Jimmy whined with a pouty face. They all rolled their eyes. Deep inside though, Jimmy was jumping for joy at the possibilities he was being given...

“Because you have the ability to talk anyone, into anything.” Johnny mentioned after no one else had been able to “talk” Jimmy into going.

“Huh? What's that s'posed to mean?” Jimmy asked defensively, jumping up with his arms raised, ready to fight, in front of him.

“He means you're as annoying as hell and you always get your way....” Matt told him bluntly the truth, Jimmy glared after turning toward Matt's smiling face.

“People agree with you... to get you to shut up...” Johnny put in wincing after the last few words left his mouth. He expected Jimmy to come over and tackle him in some shape or form any second from now. And he did. Jimmy stood up and began walking over Johnny's way but Brian grabbed his arm and pulled him backwards so he fell back into the chair he was setting in originally. Johnny sighed in relief.

Zacky was the one to speak up. Until now he had been completely quiet, leaning forward on the couch he was setting on. His chin lay idly in the palm of his hand while his mind was in a total daze, thinking only about her. “Please just go. Try and get her out...” He mumbled afterward.

“Yeah, he's right dude. None of us can go because we wouldn't be able to do much... Matt or I could fight 'em but then we'd get arrested too. Same with everyone else...Well, besides you...” Brian explained in a weird tone before he trailed off and was silent. Everyone looked to Jimmy knowing he was their only option in this particular situation.

“FINE!” Jimmy burst, yelling as he stood up and raised his arms above his head in defeat. Secretly, he enjoyed this all, especially knowing that he would be the one to save Blaire and he would be able to have some fun in the process.

-Blaire's POV-

I laid on the hard bench oh so conveniently placed in the tiny cell, waiting for something, anything to happen. It took up almost the whole entire area, leaving only a tiny little less than 2 foot path to its side.

I was slowly counting the tiny square tiles within the bigger ones placed up on the ceiling. It looked cheap, like the people could careless, but it gave me something to do for the time being.

125...126...127...128....129...1-

My thoughts were interrupted by a heavy door shutting from somewhere within the small office/ celled room. I kept my focus on the tile I stopped at so I wouldn't have to start all over again as I listened to the familiar voice speak.

“You can NOT bail her out, she can't be bailed out sir.” Someone said. The sound of their voice alone made me believe that they were irritated to a huge degree, already.

“I don't give a SHIT, anyone can be fucking bailed out. SO LET HER OUT!” I heard Mr. Sullivan yell. I broke my focus on the ceiling to lean up some to look at him standing at the desk arguing with the stupid police officer. His arms waved hazardously around him, almost hitting multiple things, the officer included.

“Sir, I already told you she wasn't approved for bail...”

“She-”

“Nah, uh! Listen! she is convicted of attempted murder, she cannot be let OUT!!” The officer was screaming at the tall, lean man in front of him. He apparently was any where near being intimidated. This guy, the officer, was short, a little on the chubby side and looked like a 30 year old stuck with a 12 year old's face.

“NO YOU shut it, she didn't do ANYTHING wrong. She was almost raped! Get a doctor any doctor and let them prove that what we are saying is fucking right!” I smiled a little listening to him make a complete scene just feet away from me. I actually had to make myself look away so I wouldn't break out laughing at the weird things he was doing to get his point across. “PLUS You are legally keeping a minor here for a crime she didn't commit out of free will, she had to do it or she would have been RAPED!” I cringed at the thought and the way he sounded when he said 'raped.' “AND you let fucking serial killers out on bail all the fucking time! What about h-” He was screaming again but was cut off near the end.

“If you don't leave right now, I will lock you up for disturbing the peace and the harassment of an officer.”

“Bring it on fucker!” I looked up to see him egging the guy on with his hands while he ran in circles around the table waiting for the guy to try and catch him. In the mean time, as he was running in this large circle, he was spinning in smaller ones and making strange dancing moves almost.

I laughed as he was grabbed by the back of the shirt and eventually was thrown forcefully into my cell; cursing randomly and screaming at the three policemen needed to catch him. Yes, the man had to call in reinforcements.

The bar cage's door closed with a clang and locked with a “in your face” jingle of keys against the metal iron. I listened as Mr. Sullivan beat on the bars and called the policemen every bad name thinkable before he sat on the tiny amount of floor next to the bench I was still laying down on. I turned my head to the right to see his shoulders close to my face. He was staring at me too,by the way.

“Hey cell buddy!” He exclaimed like this was a fucking game to him. I rolled my eyes and turned my head so I was staring at the ceiling once again. “So!” He exclaimed before sighing deeply. “They made me come 'cause evidently I am fucking annoying... and then I get locked up TOO but I guess now I'm with you....” Well no shit and great! Now I'm stuck with He-who-never-shuts-the-hell-up, Yay me!

I didn't feel like talking, so I didn't, but I was about to scream at him to shut up if he didn't in the next minute, I swear.

“...Hey I wonder if I get my one phone call?" he paused "Hey PIG!” There was a pause. “Hey dumb ass!” That seemed to get him “Do I at least get to call someone?” Mr. Sullivan yelled as he went over to the bars, pounding on them making them clang with the force. I watched as the man came over and screamed “NO!” directly in his face.

So much for peace and quiet.

“Humm...” I could tell he was thinking. I'm still not sure if that's a good... or a bad thing although I'm thinking bad, considering the crazy ways he tends to act. “ I'm gonna get you out of here...” He whispered, kneeling down next to me and looking down at my face. “Well the both of us...”

I narrowed my eyes a little “What I'm serious!” He said surprisingly quietly, close to my face but he was also laughing? At his thoughts maybe? I could only fucking imagine... But then again I did NOT want to know either.

He waved his hand about an inch over my face a few times before I slapped it away.

“God, OWWW that fucking hurts Blaire!” he yelled trying not to laugh and stay serious.“Why won't you talk? Huh?” He asked, looking at me in the eye again, calculating. Planning something. I sighed and kept staring at the ceiling. “So...” He teased leaving it at that while he clearly had more to say by the look on him face. Eventually, as I thought he would, he just spit it out. “Rumor has it... that a certain someone's teachers are in love with that certain someone when that certain someone doesn't seem to know, or care maybe. But they do... though maybe even they don't know it..” He stopped, pondering things as I looked at him confused. That made no sense to me at all. “Matt and Zacky!” He yelled with a huge smirk.

“WHAT!?!” I screamed setting up and looking at him. Matt and Zacky, what, huh?

“Gotcha” he laughed. I rolled my eyes and punched him hard in the shoulder. Damn him and his lies and confusion to get me talking “...I am serious.”

“Whatever.”

“You want the dirt? Huh, huh, huh? Do ya? Do ya? Dooooo yooooouuuuu?” He asked giddy, jumping up and down like a child like he had before.

“Not really...” I didn't want to know in even the tiniest bit. I just couldn't take it right now.

“Finnnneee...” he whined before he was completely silent for a really long time. It was only about 2 minutes but yeah, that NEVER happens so it seemed scary.

“What are you thinking about?” I broke the silence, it was just that weird to not hear him talking about something.

“I'm planning our escape...” He said cheerfully but that was all he said, and still, he only whispered to me. Guess those words wouldn't be too great to say out loud so people could hear though anyways.

“Really? Well, good luck with that. There's no way to get the keys, the ceiling is concrete with tiles over top, bars are iron, and they're watching me like a hawk. Sooooo what's your plan Mr. escape artist?”

“Don't talk back to me, I AM still your teacher. I can so fail your fucking ass.”

“Is that supposed to be a threat? 'Cause if it is, you fail miserably at it. I could care less about science and whether or not I fail it or any other subject for that matter.” The look of a puppy dog came to his face when I said I didn't like science. So I added a “no offense” after that all.

“Ehh none taken.” He smiled again instantly... Weirdo.
“Miss. Blaire could you come with me?” We both looked towards the feminine voice to see a paramedic with a bag undoubtedly full of medical testing shit.

“Why. Do. YOU. Want. Her?” Mr. Sullivan growled.

An hour later I came back to the cell happy, yet extremely upset at the same time. Evidently there was no 'evidence of rape' which was understandable. The only thing that could even work to my advantage were the hand shaped bruises on my body. I didn't like the poking and prodding one bit either. I would rather sit in a jail cell all day long than go through that all day. Hell, I would rather fucking be in a white , tiny, padded room with a sugar-high Jimmy all day than go through that again.

However, the charges were supposedly dropped thank God. But it still didn't change the fact that they tried to call me a lair in the process. Why wouldn't anyone believe me, especially something like this?

I signed discharge papers and walked to the desk to give them to the police man...snobbishly of course. I shoved them in his face, he deserved it nevertheless. Mr. Sullivan was there waiting for me. Guess he got released too.

“Ready to go home princess?” I rolled my eyes at the mention of 'princess' I was anything but that.

“Uh I don't see how it's home but ah, I guess. And I am NOT a fucking princess.

“Well you are to me! And you cant do anything about it, I will call you what I want princess.” He stressed the 'princess' part more than the other words. I rolled my eyes again as he opened the passenger side door for me and we made our way “home.”

So, I found out quite a few things during the ride.

Such as the guy I almost killed is our new 'Director,' I'd like to see that all happen now. Ah um... his name is Jimmy. I also found out he is 22... Don't ask why he told me that yet he did in his state of almost killing us as he took his eyes off the road looking at a bunny in the grass next to the car Thing is, he made the car followthe damn bunny into the grass and shrubs too....Oh, and he likes unicorns and bunnies, no surprise there. Fine, okay so he didn't say that, though I could imagine his happy bipolar personality exactly like that. I just saw, liking them a lot. Especially with the “bunny situation.”

He insisted on carrying me into the school bridal style. Hopefully I thought it was a stupid joke but with him who knows. He walked to the house where we were earlier, me still being in his arms.

“Thou hath slain thee dragon... and thee princess hath returned... unharmeth... I-eth might-eth add- OH screw this fucking thing!” He screamed crazily as I covered my ears with my hands. I could still hear the sounds like my hands did absolutely nothing. I could even faintly hear curses and feet coming towards us from elsewhere in the house.

“Since when is Miss. Blaire considered 'the princess?' I'd say she is anything but.” Jimmy turned quickly and we were met face to face with the Director.

He sat my feet down so I could stand, as the Director came up to me quickly and slapped my face causing it to whip to the side... It hurt less that way, if you let your head move with the force instead of hold it steady, trust me. I cringed but gained my composure back, in a way at least. During this all, as I was sat down, Jimmy had a hand out trying to pushing me behind him...that all changed quickly. I now had to hold an antsy 6 foot something, who knows how heavy, guy back by standing in front of him and leaning back into him. Yeah, its Jimmy if you didn't guess.

“What do you WANT from me?!” I asked coldly.

“You, are going to come with me and receive your punishment for your actions Valencia. Now come!” He grabbed my upper arm tightly and pulled me, fighting and screaming out of the house again.

I broke free of his grasp rather easily and ran...I didn't know where I was going; it was bright outside so I could see a field type area ahead of me in front of the school though. I couldn't go back into that school, he'd only find me. I headed towards the field as I heard yelling and screaming. Then a few gunshots. I knew they were directed at me...it was only a matter of time before they would hit me.

I started going in a zigzag pattern randomly so it could throw them off some. Suddenly I felt a pain on my side. I gasped but kept going, I couldn't stop now.

More shots were fired as I zigzagged, they sounded like machine guns going off like crazy. Hundreds of bullets were shot my way until one hit my back. I fell to the grassy ground quickly and screamed relentlessly in pain. It felt like it pierced my spine.

I tried to move but I couldn't...My legs and arms were numb, unmovable.