‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 20

-------------
Shadows
-------------

Stepping out of the shower, I could swear I heard Izzy crying. As I wrapped a towel around my waist I opened the bathroom door and looked out. Sure enough, Izzy was on the bed with her back to me and sobbing into her pillow. Having no idea what was wrong with her, I walked over to the bed and sat down. “Izzy?” She continued to cry after I said her name and didn’t respond to me.

Still clad in only a towel, I laid down beside her and put my hand on her hips. “Izzy, what’s wrong?”

She turned her head and looked back at me with the saddest face I had ever seen. “Tell me.” I wanted to stop her sobbing, but I couldn’t because I had no idea what was wrong. Izzy turned around fully and brought her body to mine while she cried into my chest. I didn’t say anything this time, I just wrapped my arms around her and held her close while she cried her eyes out. Her whole body was trembling, and that worried me because she was beyond upset and I still had no idea why.

“I can’t help you if I don’t know what’s wrong.”

Izzy turned her head up so she could look at me. “He hurt me.” I nearly snapped when she said that. The thought of anyone hurting her again made me so angry. “Who? Izzy, what are you talking about?”

“Don’t you get it?” She asked me a question that I had no answer for. “Matt, it’s Marco. What he did is just the same as rape. I wasn’t in my right mind and willingly I would never have done what I did with him. It was rape, Matt. Again. He did it again.”

I should have killed that fucking bastard. I knew that this was going to hit Izzy hard, but I hadn’t expected it to be this bad. She didn’t seem to be calming down any time soon either. “Izzy, it’s over. He can’t hurt you anymore.” I tightened my arms around her and held her there until her breathing returned to normal. “I have something for you.” I kissed the top of her head and she looked up at me again.

“What is it?” Wet blue eyes looked into mine and I sighed.

I moved so that I could get my arm out from under her and then sat up. “Wait here.” After getting up off the bed, I walked back into the bathroom to find the jeans I had been wearing when I went to see Marco. When I found them, I took the papers out of the back pocket and walked back into the bedroom to find Izzy sitting up on the bed wiping her eyes.

When I sat down on the bed, she looked at me and I didn’t want to prolong it so, I just handed her the papers. She looked down at them and then brought her eyes up to look into mine. She knew exactly what they were. “Open them.”

She looked back down and unfolded the tri-folded papers and looked down at the bottom line. Her hand came up to her mouth as she looked back at me. “How?” She asked.

“It doesn’t matter how. All that matters, is you’re free.” Izzy hugged me and I wrapped my arms around her again. “It’s ok now, baby.” I smiled as I felt her lips kiss my neck softly.

“I miss this, Matt.”

“You miss what, sweetheart?” She lifted her head to look at me and held my face in her own hands while she answered.

“I miss these little intimate moments with you. You know the kind where the love is so obvious, it doesn’t have to be said that we love each other.”

How could I not smile at that? “Well, since you put it that way. I miss this too.”

She kissed my lips and I couldn’t help myself. I kissed her back as if I were kissing her for the first time. It was sweet and yet still sexy. After all, I was only clad in a towel and we hadn’t been intimate in a pretty long time. I had to stop this though, for reasons unselfish for once.

When I broke the kiss, Izzy looked at me disapprovingly. “Lets wait.” I must have lost my mind. This was Izzy and she was by far the best lover I had ever had and here I am asking her to wait. “I want you, Izzy. You have no idea how bad. I just want to wait til the time is right. We said we’d take this slow remember?”

“Yes.” She nodded. “But we were only kissing and I don’t see a problem with kissing.” She had me there.

“Come to think of it..” I said with one eye brow raised. “I don’t have a problem with kissing.” I plied her with short quick pecks on her lips making her laugh hysterically.

“I love you, Matt.” She laughed.

“I love you more. Izzy.” I winked at her and pecked her lips again and this time she held her arms around my neck and caught my lips in hers to kiss me back a little less PG rated and lot more seductively. She was definitely my girl.