‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 21

------------
Christ
------------

When I got back to my place with Chelsea, I had a funny feeling something was wrong and someone was inside. Probably because I could see light streaming from under the door and I know for a fact that all the lights were turned out when we left earlier.

“Wait here.” I told Chelsea to stay outside while I went in to see if the intruder was still inside. I had no idea what I was up against here. As I walked through the door and into my living room I turned around taking in the entire scene before me.

My living room was lit up with candles and in the center sat a room service cart with a note. I walked over and picked it up to read it. It surprised me a little bit to see who the note was from.

J.

No need to thank me for this, just go with it.

Shadows


The room service cart had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries along with several other decadent desserts as well as a bottle of bubbly. “Chelsea, you can come in. It’s safe.” I yelled out and she peeked her head in the door to look around before walking in.

“Wow.” She whispered as she walked through the door and looked around. While she took it in I poured two glasses of champagne and handed her one. “How did you do this?”

“A little birdie helped me.” Shadows never said I couldn’t take the credit for his work. I picked up a strawberry and traced it over her bottom lip just before letting her bite into it. She smiled and I took what was left of the strawberry and popped it into my mouth. “I think a bubble bath would be a perfect way to end our evening.”

Chelsea blushed at my suggestion and came closer to me. “I think you’re my most favorite person in the whole world.” I moved my hand to the small of her back while she kissed me.

“It’s a good thing too, because you just happen to be my favorite person in the whole world.” Chelsea laughed and put her head down on my shoulder as I led her down the hall to the bathroom so we could have our bubble bath. I’m beginning to think that she’s the one.

--------------
Gates
-------------

“Don’t go.” Kristina begged me not to leave her today. We spent the entire day together yesterday as promised and now we lay with our bodies intertwined in my bed.

“I don’t want to go, but I have to do this. I have to see this plan through or we’ll never be rid of Marco.” My finger traced over her collarbone while she kept her gaze on my face. “I’m sorry, Krissy.” I kissed her nose softly and looked down into her green eyes. “I promise, when this is over, I will make up for all the time we spent apart.”

“Ok.” She nodded, but her face was still so sad. “Will you be home in time to at least have dinner with me?”

“I think that’s a definite possibility.” I didn’t want to say yes and not show up so I left it open and just kissed her again. “I’ll bring home some dessert and a movie ok?”

“Ok” She sighed and I got up off the bed. Just for the sad expression on her face, I wanted to stick a knife in Marco’s neck. As I was pulling on my jeans, I saw her wipe her eyes and I walked back over to the bed.

“Please, don’t cry.” I leaned over and kissed her head. “It’s just a few more days and then I wont have to leave you anymore.”

“Ok.” Even though she said ok, I knew she was just the opposite.

“Want to help me out today?” Hopefully, if she felt like she was helping she would feel a little better.

“Yes.” She nodded.

“Are you sure, it’s kind of a big job.”

Kristina sat up and nodded her head. “I’m sure.”

“Ok. Then.” I looked at her trying to keep my face serious enough. “I need you to go online and look for a hotel. Well, maybe not a hotel, more like a small, intimate bed and breakfast that will have a vacancy in the next two weeks and preferably somewhere foreign, but romantic like Ireland or Spain. Do you think you can handle that?”

“I think so.” She nodded, but hadn’t caught on. Sometimes I forgot that this was Kristina I was talking to and she could be pretty gullible.

“I’m also going to need you to look into flights. I’d prefer direct flights, but see what you can come up with. Remember, it has to be romantic.”

“Ok.”

“There’s one more thing. This is the most important.” As I spoke she was hanging on every word I said. “I need a diamond ring, I’d say about a size five maybe a six, not sure. Just look at a few and pick out the ones you like the most and let me know. Think you can handle that?”

“Uh huh!” She nodded her head incessantly. She still didn’t get it. Right now she reminded me of the Kristina I had first met. So naïve, but still so sweet and adorable. It’s no lie that we all thought she was bordering on dumb when we first met her, and she really did make an effort to educate herself. I was so proud of her for that, but every now and then a moment like this would happen and I couldn’t help but smile to myself.

“Are you sure? Because if it’s too much for you, I can have one of the guys do the research for me.”

“No!” She shook her head. “I can do it!”

“Ok.” I nodded and kissed her again before getting up to put my shirt on. When I was fully dressed I went into the bathroom to fix my hair. As I came out, Kristina was sitting up in bed with her laptop sitting on her lap. She was taking my requests very seriously, but I was about to hit her with one more.

“Baby, I have to leave, but I’ll need you to do one more thing for me.” I leaned forward and kissed her lips quickly.

“What is it?”

“Marry me.” I winked and stood back up to slip on my flip flips. “I’ll see you around dinner time.” I bent down and kissed her again before walking out of our bedroom. She sat there shocked. It was adorable, but I didn’t want to laugh at her. I just let her soak it all in and hopefully by the time I got home she would put 2 and 2 together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any BFMV Fans? I'm thinking of a Matt Tuck / M.Shadows story. I also have a "Complete" Matt Tuck story that I am thinking about uploding here, but I never really see many BFMV stories. Thoughts?