‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 22

----------
Gates
----------

When I got to the mansion, I found Kayla sitting at the kitchen counter filing her nails. If there was one thing Kristina wasn’t, it was high maintenance. She was beautiful as she was when she just wakes up in the morning with no makeup on her face and her hair in a messy ponytail. I’d never seen Kristina with a nail file or fussing over her hair in the mirror and she wasn’t the type to go to the salon and get a manicure or to get her hair done. She was still a girly girl though, whatever that means. I just know it involves shopping for shoes.

With only three steps of the plan left, I really wanted to be on point with all three of them, but I also wanted to get back home and be with Kristina. All I needed now were Vengeance and The Rev to show up. Of course, I had one more surprise guest for Marco.

Step 8: The Mind Fuck.

-------------
Narrator
-------------

With the events of step 7 not exactly turning out the way Marco had expected them too, he was not in the greatest of moods. Unfortunately for him, his bad mood was about to get a whole lot worse.

“Get up.” When he didn’t move, he was kicked in the ribs.

“What the fuck?” He yelled as he opened his eyes to the person who had kicked him.

“I said get up.” Marco sat up slowly never taking his eyes off of Izzy as she stood in front of him. “How does it feel now that the tables are turned?” She asked.

Marco was just about to answer, but the screams he heard coming from above had stopped him. “What the fuck was that?” He asked Izzy, but she stood there laughing.

“I have a pretty good idea.” She smirked and folded her arms across her chest.
“What you did to me was wrong on so many levels Marco.”

“Get over it.” He spat and she kicked him again as hard as she could.

The screams from above started again. They were screams filled with pain and agony as if someone was being hurt. “It’s Kayla, isn’t it?” He asked.

Izzy just laughed again knowing that what was happening upstairs was for the purpose of messing with his mind. “So, what if it is?”

“What the fuck are they doing to her? Let her go damn it! She’s innocent!” He shouted at Izzy. It would seem that he actually cared for Kayla and was now being given a taste of his own medicine.

“Oh, poor baby. How does it feel knowing Kayla is upstairs screaming for what ever reason and there is nothing you can do to stop it?” She kicked him as hard as she could and this time there was rage building. She kicked him again and again until all the frustration she had inside her had come out. “You have no idea what you did to all of us do you?”

“I don’t care, just let Kayla go.” He shouted and Izzy kicked him once more.

“You don’t get it. What’s happening upstairs. The whole time that you have been down here, everything that you have felt has been everything that you have caused us to feel. Me, Kristina, Marisol, London and especially Shadows and Gates.”

Marco looked towards the door when he heard Kayla scream, “Help me” and then looked back at Izzy pleading for her to show him some mercy and let Kayla go. “It must fucking suck when you are being forced to sit there and do nothing. Meanwhile someone you care about is being tortured at the hands of your enemy. It fucks with your mind doesn’t it?”

He stood up and balled his hands into fists, but there wasn’t much he could do with the chain around his neck. “Shadows is upstairs, if you like, I can call out his name and he can come down and pay you a little visit.” She smirked knowing that there was no way anything was going to happen to her. Neither Shadows nor Gates would let it.

The screaming had subsided and turned into sobbing that could still be heard down in the basement. “Izzy, I’ll pay you just make them stop.” He was begging now, but still she laughed in his face. She continued to laugh while she kicked him in the groin and watched him fall to the ground writhing in pain. “You think you can touch me and use my body for your own personal pleasure and gain? Never again.” With a final kick to the face, Izzy walked upstairs to the kitchen and left Marco to wonder what happened to Kayla.

A few hours later, Marco had been drifting off when a stream of light flooded the basement just before the door closed again. Marco sat up as soon as he heard the familiar sound of high heels. He watched Kayla with every step she took towards him and when she knelt down in front of him she didn’t say a word. She just set her bag down and unlocked his chain. As she usually did after he was abused, she cleaned his wounds for him. This time she seemed different though. There were faint bruises forming on her arms in the form of finger prints as if someone had held her down and her face had a light bruise on her right cheek bone. “What happened to you?” He asked, but she didn’t answer. She just continued to clean him up. “Kayla.” His tone of voice was demanding as he said her name and still wouldn’t look at him. As she handed him the painkillers, he grabbed her hand. “Tell me, damn it.”

Kayla sighed and turned so that her back was to him. She pulled her shirt down past her shoulder to reveal to him their handy work. On her shoulder she was branded with an “S” and as the tear fell from her eye she stood up and walked out of the basement not saying another word to Marco. They’d branded her, just like he had done to Izzy and London.

-----------
Gates
-----------

Well, today was interesting. Just before driving home, I stopped and picked up some ice cream and a movie, a chic flick that we probably wouldn’t end up watching anyway, but I didn’t want to break my promise.

“Kristina.” I called out for her as I entered my living room.

“I’m in the kitchen!” She yelled back at me and I followed the sound of her voice to the kitchen where I found her making coffee.

“I brought Ice cream.” I smiled as I held up the container of Rocky Road.

She smiled and walked over to me and put her arms around my neck. “You tricked me.”

“I tricked you?” I gave her a confused glance, but I knew exactly what she meant.

“Yes, yes you did.” She nodded and smiled at me.

“Just how on earth could I have tricked my Krissy? Do tell me.” I raised an eyebrow and honestly it was getting even harder to keep a straight face. I lifted her up and set her down on the counter and opened the ice cream. While she explained, I pulled a spoon from the drawer in and proceeded to eat it.

“You said marry me.”

“Yeah, I remember something about that.” I nodded and put a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

She giggled as she swallowed the ice cream “You made me look for a place for our honeymoon and pick out my own engagement ring.”

“I did?” I asked holding my hand over my heart mocking shock.

“Yes, you did.” She nodded taking another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

“Well, then I guess we have a problem now don’t we?” The look I gave her was serious and stern as I set the ice cream down and braced my hands on either side of her.

“I don’t understand.” She pouted and I almost lost it and cracked up.

“I asked you to marry me and you never gave me an answer.” I stood up straight and folded my arms across my chest and looked up at the ceiling pretending to be upset with her.

“But you didn’t let me! You tricked me and you left before I could say anything!”

“Uh huh. If you don’t want to marry me, just say so.” I wiped my eye to give her the illusion that there was a tear, but in truth I was laughing so hard on the inside.

“I want to, Brian, I promise.” She protested and I looked down at her.

“So, that’s a yes?”

“Yes.” She nodded and put her arms around my waist and I kissed her hard on the lips. When our faces finally parted, she looked at me seriously and put her hands on my face to hold my attention. “You just tricked me again, didn’t you?” Busted..
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this series may get a "Spin off." Not another sequel, but a whole other story, an Idea hit me hard today and im really thinking about using it in a new story, but with the characters from We Come Out At Night. I'l llet you all know what I decide.