‹ Prequel: We Come Out At Night 4

We Come Out At Night 5

Chapter 23

------------
Gates
------------

With two steps left of my plan to break Marco, step nine was probably going to be the hardest for me to deal with. Knowing that down in the basement with Marco was the one person who shook my world to its core and I couldn’t be down there to make sure she was ok.

Although she was still fragile, Kristina was still strong willed and I wouldn’t have let her face him if I didn’t think she would be ok afterwards. I still would have liked to be down there for her though. What she was about to do was probably one of the hardest things she’s ever had to do in her whole life.

Step 9: Daddy’s Little Girl

--------------
Narrator
--------------

Marco woke to the sound of a baby crying. Slowly he opened his eyes and appeared to be disoriented as the crying continued. When he sat up Kristina was standing directly across from him leaning against the table.

As he gained his wits and focused his eyes, the baby crying seemed to get louder. “What the hell is that?” He winced suddenly as the pain from being kicked in the face by Izzy hit him like a ton of bricks.

“Obviously, it’s a baby crying.”

“Well, make it fucking stop!” He shouted and brought his hand up to his head once again wincing in pain.

Kristina leaned forward and stood straight up folding her arms across her chest. “Make it stop? No. I won’t do that. I want that sound to haunt you for the rest of your life however long or short that might be. My baby died because you refused to help me, because you refused to even acknowledge that it was yours.”

He sat back and leaned against the wall and looked up at her. “How do you know it was even my baby?”

“I was a kid and you were my first and only until after the baby. You bastard.”

Out of nowhere Marco just started laughing. Kristina did the best she could to keep her composure. “Ruby, sweetheart. You were young and stupid; you should have just had an abortion. I had a child, I didn’t need another with some loose little slut no less.”

Kristina walked over to where he sat, knelt down and slapped him across the face. “You disgusting motherfucker. I carried our baby inside me for nine months and because of you she was stillborn. Do you know how that feels?”

He cocked his head to the side and for a second Kristina could swear she saw sympathy in his eyes. “So, what do you want me to do, apologize? I’m sorry. Ok! I’m sorry the baby died.”

“Olivia!” Kristina shouted as she stood. “Her name was Olivia.”

Marco sighed and looked up at Kristina. “I’m sorry that Olivia died, I mean it. Just make the crying stop. Please?”

“No.” She shook her head and pulled the remote out of her pocket to make the sound of the baby crying even louder. Kristina walked out of the basement and left Marco there to listen to the sound she never got to hear when her baby was born.

Marco sat there with his hands over his ears and tears streaming down his face. Slowly, they were all driving him insane.

-----------
Gates
-----------

“Are you ok?” Kristina sat at the kitchen counter staring down into her coffee cup. When I spoke her eyes looked up to meet mine.

“Yes.”

I walked around to the other side of the counter to where she was sitting, put my arms around her and rested my chin on her shoulder. “You don’t seem ok.”

She sighed and pushed her cup away. “I just wonder if I would have been a good mother had Olivia lived.”

I kissed her cheek and spun her around in the stool. “Of course, you would have. There is no one I know with more love to give than you.”

She smiled and grabbed my hands. “Why don’t we go home so I can love on you for a while?”

“I think I like that idea very much.” I pulled her up off the stool and pecked her lips before taking her back home to the casino. There was only one more step to go and then Kristina and I could run off, get married and spend the rest of our lives together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, apparently by the messages I'm getting... I have some Marco lovers.......

on an A7X note: I'm a little disappointed in the new website. They took down the Jimmy Tribute video and left only a photo with a one line saying under it. :(