Status: I started this story years ago when I was young and I'm too far now to start over. So bear with me hahaha! I added some inside jokes I should not have added. I apologize in advance hahaha!

Love Song

Chapter 58: Is there anyone out there cause it's getting harder and harder to breathe

Zakk

Tuesday, November 25

Zakk stood in his bathroom, leaning against his counter with a bottle of pills in his hand. He had told himself he wasn’t going to take them tonight since he was going to be seeing Josh and Harrison but the urges had become too strong and that’s how he ended up standing in his bathroom for fifteen minutes staring at the little orange bottle. He had to be quick about it before he changed his mind. He quickly dumped a few pills into his hand and popped them into his mouth and grabbed a glass of water and swallowed them down before he made himself spit them out. He then stood there, taking a deep breath and closing his eyes. He hated himself for giving in again but he just couldn’t help himself. He loved the high too much to stop.

He knew it would take at least half an hour to start feeling the effects but that would give him enough time to get to the bar where he was meeting Harrison and Josh. Unfortunately, Holly would be going with him. But that was fine since she had volunteered to be his designated driver. She had been standing by the front door for the fifteen minutes he had spent in the bathroom, “Are we ready now?”

“We are. Let’s go,” Zakk grumbled as he grabbed his coat. It was surprisingly cold for a night in November and he rolled his eyes as Holly shivered with a short sleeved low cut v-neck top and a skirt. Zakk wasn’t sure he’d ever really seen her in anything that covered her legs. She had nice tan legs to show off but it was impractical on a night as cold as tonight was.

Holly tried holding Zakk’s hand as they walked across the parking lot towards the bar and normally he would’ve shoved her hand away but he could feel that euphoria creep up on him and he grabbed her hand, shivering at the feeling her touch gave him. He knew when they went back to his house later tonight, she’d probably end up spending the night with him. Holly knew he wasn’t too interested in her unless he was high and so she enabled him. He knew that wasn’t a healthy relationship but at the moment he didn’t care. Sometimes, the pills made him feel mellow and a bit sleepy but tonight he could just feel his energy level rising. Zakk couldn’t wait to get into the bar and see Josh and Harrison again.

Harrison was alone when Zakk arrived and they shared a quick, one armed hug, “Harrison, it’s good to see you again! Congrats on the engagement!”

“Thanks!” Harrison exclaimed, glancing over Zakk’s shoulder at Holly, “Who’s she? Your girlfriend?”

“I guess you could say that,” Zakk mumbled with a shrug, “She’s my designated driver tonight.”

“Nice!” Harrison laughed and patted Zakk’s arm, “I took a taxi tonight and I’ll be taking a taxi back home. Sucks Josh can’t drink with us though. Amy really whipped him, didn’t she?”

“She did!” Zakk chuckled, feeling suddenly itchy but it was a good itch that felt good to scratch. Harrison and Zakk got their beers just as Josh arrived, staring awkwardly at the cold bottles in their hands. He licked his lips and started clearing his throat, “Congratulations Harrison! I’m happy for ya.”

“Thanks!” Harrison hugged Josh and held up his bottle of beer in Josh’s face, “You sure you don’t wanna have a drink?”

“Nah, I promised Amy I wouldn’t,” Josh said, “She made me stop I already told you guys.”

“Amy isn’t gonna find out about one drink,” Zakk piped in as he finished off his first bottle and slammed it down onto the bar, “Just one.”

Josh was hesitant as he watched Harrison take a drink from his beer and Zakk could see the thirst in his friend’s eyes. Zakk had seen the same in himself earlier tonight before he’d quenched it with his pills. But Josh was stronger than Zakk, “No thanks. I’m driving anyway. Maybe next time if Amy lets me off this no drinking thing!”

Zakk started laughing as he grabbed his second bottle of beer, “Amy’s really whipped you into shape hasn’t she? No alcohol whatsoever? That’s gotta be rough.”

Josh stared into Zakk’s eyes for a moment, leaning forward a bit and Zakk turned away, throwing his head back to take a long drink. Josh eventually let it slide and the three started their party.

Zakk couldn’t remember how many drinks he’d had but he definitely had more than Harrison. The alcohol intensified the feeling and Zakk was in love with it, which made him wanna drink more but Harrison and Josh eventually had to stop him.

“You’re gonna hurt yourself, man,” Harrison said, “Don’t overdo it.”

“You seem really off tonight, dude,” Josh added, “Are you ok?”

“I’m fine!” Zakk snapped. Suddenly, his breathing became a little slower and he felt a bit out of breath and drowsy, “Give me back…give me back my…my beer!”

“Zakk?” that was the last thing Zakk remembered hearing before blacking out completely. Josh and Harrison watched him slowly tip over and fall to the ground. The guys jumped to Zakk’s side and Josh started shaking him, “Zakk! Zakk wake up!”

“He’s had too much to drink,” Harrison sighed, “Let’s go get Holly and help him into the car so she can take him home.”

Josh put his ear to Zakk’s chest and his eyes widened as his head shot back up, “Harrison, he’s not breathing! Get a goddamn ambulance!”

Harrison got on his feet and frantically dialed 9-1-1 while Josh started performing CPR on Zakk. The entire bar had gone silent while Josh and Harrison panicked, trying to keep Zakk breathing while they waited for their ambulance.

“How did this even happen to him?!” Harrison shouted after he got off the phone, “All he did was have a few beers!”

Josh didn’t look up or stop what he was doing when he answered, “I don’t know. Both Jordan and Amy mentioned something was off with him. Come on, goddammit, breathe!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys know I spent hours researching this shit, mixing alcohol and pain meds and I'm still not sure I got this shit right hahahaha! I hope it's good enough though. What do you guys think is gonna happen? Let me know what you think!