Status: Complete!

Mr. Geek and Ms. Popular

Text Messages

"Nick, did you get an answer for number five?" Hayley questioned me from across the room.

"X equals negative fifteen," I smirked, spinning around in my chair already done with my math homework hours ago, which is nice since I do not have to worry about it the rest of the weekend.

"How did you get that Mr. Smartie Pants?" She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Shaking my head, I got up and walked over to my bed where she sat. Sitting besides her, I took notice in her scent, which happened to be my favorite fruit; plums. I talked her through the problem, leaning on my arm that was place behind her back.

"Okay, I got it now," she grinned over towards me, before her smile slowly fell from her face.

Gazing into each other eyes, we slowly leaned in, but right before our lips touched, she pulled away with a confused facial expression. I looked back her just as confused.

"What?" My voice came out huskier than I realized, making me clear my throat.

"It sounds like a phone ringing...." We both looked around and then I finally heard it.

"It sounds like it's coming from Joe's room." I cocked an eyebrow, while we both stood up.

"Where is Joe?" We walked out of my room and over to the door next door.

"He's suppose to be out on a date with Christine," I opened his door, seeing Joe's phone light up from his bed. "I guess he left his phone at home."

Hayley walked over to the phone once it stopped ringing, but as soon as she picked it up it rang Chris Brown's 'With You' once again. She glanced down at the screen confused, before she looked back up at me.

"It says Christine." She handed the phone over to me.

Looking down at the screen, it did in fact say Christine. Confused, I clicked the green phone button before bring it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Nick?" Christine's confused voice flooded through the speaker.

"Christine?" I looked up at Hayley, shrugging my shoulders confused.

"Nick, where's Joe?"

"I thought he was with you," I cocked an eyebrow towards Hayley, who looked back at me with just as confused as me.

"No, he told me he couldn't hang out tonight because he was helping your dad, and seeing it's past eight I thought he would be done with whatever it was by now."

"Oh, well he must still be out with dad then, but he left his phone at home." I bit my lip, since I knew Joe could not be out with dad tonight since him and mom went out to dinner the same time he was leaving for his 'date'.

"Joe's not with her?" I saw Hayley mouth at me, making me shake my head.

"Oh, well when he gets home, will you tell him to call me?" I heard her sigh.

"Yeah, sure."

"Thanks Nick, bye."

"Bye," I hung up the phone, placing it on the bed, only for Hayley to snatch it back up again. "What are you doing?"

"Joe's obviously out with someone tonight, but who?" She smirked at me, before turning her attention back the phone.

"I don't know and how do you purpose we find out who?" I crossed my arms over my chest, smirking right back at her. She stared at the screen with her mouth wide open, making me look at her confused. "What?"

"Carly," she blinked, showing me Joe's phone.

"What!" I snatched it out of her hands, to only find texts between him and her. "Babe, are you almost ready? I'll pick you up on the corner. Oh my gosh."

"I know! Joe turned into a prostitute!" Hayley shook her head with a horrified look on her face. I looked at her like she had two heads, before shaking my own head.

"No Hals, him and Carly have a little thing going on," I stared at the screen with disbelief.

"WHAT! Wait, are you sure?" She looked at me with her hands on her hips. I opened my mouth to answer her, only to haver her take my hand and drag me out of his room. "WE ARE GOING BE SPIES!"

"Huh?" I looked at her confused, as she dragged me to my room going through my closet.

"We are going to go spy on them, wherever they went to," she handed me my black sweat pants and black sweater, making me stare at her.

I soon found myself hiding in bushes next to Chuck 'E Cheese, looking through the windows. I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me jump, but once I saw Hayley standing there, I relaxed more.

"I found them," she whispered, pointing over to the couple in the corner of the other side.

Squinting, I saw the face of Carly, but with black hair and Joe with his arm around her shoulders, wearing a blond wig.

"Blond is not his color," I stared at my older brother, only then did I realize what I just said. "That sounded gay."

"Yeah," Hayley giggled behind me, before dragging me around to the side they sat on.

Kneeling next to the window they sat near, we made sure they could not see us as we continued to watch them. I took noticed to Joe's huge grin and Carly's laughing form and I realized I have never seen them this happy before.

"I've never seen them this happy before," Hayley whispered next to me, making me nod in agreement.

We sat there another couple minutes watching, when we jumped at someone clearing their throat behind us. Turning to each other with terrified looks, we slowly looked behind us to see a police officer standing there staring at us with his eyebrow arched and his arms crossed over his chest. We jumped to our feet, smiling innocently at the officer.

"What are you two up to?" He questioned, tapping his foot.

"Uhh, we were, just uhhh," I stumbled, unable to get my words out.

"We were spying our friends officer," Hayley smiled her lovely smile, while batting her eyelashes.

"Don't you think you are a little too old to be having friends inside there?" His eyebrow raised slightly more.

"No, our friends are right there," I turned back around to point at the table Joe and Carly were just occupying, only to find it empty.

"There's no one there young man," he smirked, shaking his head.

"Our friends were just there! At that table!" Hayley cried, bitting her lip, trying to find Joe and Carly inside once again.

"I'm going to have to ask you both to leave the grounds."

"Wait! There they are!" Hayley pointed out, making the officer and me turn towards where she was pointing. Indeed, there stood Carly and Joe by the slides. The officer did not have it though, because he just shook his head.

"You two need to leave now, before I take you down to the station and call your parents." He then lifted us up by the back of our sweaters, making us walk towards the side walk.

"BUT THEY ARE IN THERE! I SEE THEM!" Hayley tried to fight him off and when I looked back, I noticed they were looking at us, making my eyes go wide.

"Hals, shut it before they see us!" I hissed, elbowing her in the side gently. She shut her mouth quickly after noticing the two looking at our scene.

"I don't want to see you two sneaking around again, you hear me?" We both looked up at the officer, nodding our heads. "Good, now go."

He let go of our sweaters and we began our walk back to my house. Sighing, I placed my hands in my pockets. Jumping at the sudden laughter, I looked over at Hayley, who smiled brightly at me.

"What?"

"That was totally awesome! We got kicked out of the Chuck 'E Cheese's parking lot because he thought we were looking at the little kids," she burst out laughing. I stared at her like she was crazy.

"Are you crazy! We could of been in a lot more trouble if he would of took us to the station!"

"True, but you got to admit that was pretty funny," she continued to laugh. Thinking about the whole situation, I began to laugh along with her.

"You're right, that was pretty fun, now lets call Kevin to come pick us up," I chuckled, pulling out my phone to call my eldest brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update for tonight! Hope you guys like it :)!