The Unwanted Marriage

Together again

I dialed her phone number not caring how she will react. It’s embarrassing to think that I’m calling her first when I bragged last time that I definitely will win our bet. But anyways, finding her is what’s important and not my pride.

I waited for her to pick up the call but it took it a few minutes, I guess.

“Where are you?” It was the very first thing that I ever said to her on our first ever phone conversation.

“Who are you?”

“It’s Siwon”

“Tsch! You’re the last person I expected to call.” She confessed. I didn’t even plan to call to her.

“I know. Where are you?”

“Uhm, you’re also the last person I’d want to know where I am.”

“How can you be like that? There’s only the two of us in this island.”

“Aish. Because I’m really suffering, I’m going to tell you where I am.” It suddenly got me. She was suffering?

“Yah. What careless thing have you done again this time that caused you to suffer?” I asked. I tried to control my temper as much as I could so that there won’t be any argument.

“Running away. I’m in daepo sea shore.”

“Okay. I’ll be there in a minute,” I said. Thank God she realized it was absolutely not good to run away.

***HAEMI’s POV**

“Yah! I’ll count 1-60. If you’re not here by then, I’m definitely not going to show myself to you ever again,” I threatened him. I was absolutely in rush because I was all alone and because my stupid and weak foot got sprained again. I guess it really runs in the family, having a weak foot I mean and having a flat feet, just like a penguin.

“Start counting,” he confidently said.

“60..59..58..57..56..55..54..53..52..51,” I said and eventually got bored. I really hate boring stuffs like counting.

“Wait. I’ll start from 1,” I said and I heard him chuckled.

“Why are you laughing?”

“You’re just funny. Do you find counting backwards difficult?” he asked. I don’t know if I’ll be insulted or if I’ll laugh.

“It’s not difficult! Okay, 40 seconds have passed. I’ll count 1-20 backwards, to prove that it’s not difficult” I paused and breathed hard.

“20..19..18..17..15..16.” Sheet. I was so stupid.

“Ah. Wrong. 16..15..14..13..12..11,” I paused and looked around, then eventually continued, I could still hear his soft chuckle.

“10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1.” I stopped and was disappointed that he wasn’t there yet.

“Yah! I’m going away now!” I angrily yelled at the phone when I was about to turn, I suddenly felt-no, I mean saw his face right in front of me. We were really close that I could already feel his breath.

“I barely made it,” he said as he moved back.

“Good thing you made it.”

“So, what exactly happened to you?” he asked. I was embarrassed to say that I got sprained again because he might scold me or laugh at me, so I just made up some story.

“Well, I almost got hit by a truck,” I lied. He was absolutely surprised that just made me burst into laughter!

“WHAT?!”

“I was joking. I’m hungry. Can you like, uhm, give me some food?”

“Fine.” He said as he walked away from me. I also started to walk slowly towards him because of my stupid sprain. I tried to keep it but in the end, he just found out.

“You had sprain again?” he asked calmly which really surprised me.

“Yeah,” I confessed.

He suddenly went near me and kneeled in front of me, which caught me off guard.

“Just ride on,” he offered.

“Huh?”

“I’ll give you a piggy back ride. Come on.”

“Are you sure?”

“Hurry up before I change my mind.” What’s up with this guy’s patience! I immediately went towards him and rode on his back.

“I think you have to lose some pounds.”

“Put me down,” I said, my temper once again aroused. It is absolutely normal for women to be angry when it comes to weight issues.

“I’m kidding. I think you should gain more weight.”

“Tsch!”

“I’m sorry about what happened last night. I promise I won’t do it again.” He suddenly said.

“You better not or else, I’m going to shave your head!” I threatened him and laughed. Eventually, he laughed with me as well.

When we finally reached the main road, he suddenly opened the door of a silver convertible car and carefully placed me on the passenger’s seat.

“You rented a car?” I asked.

“Yeah. It’s kinda hard to look for you if I just walk around the whole island,” he explained as he walk towards the driver’s seat.

“You know how to drive? Do you have license?”

“What do you think? I’m 18. Legal age,” he answered briefly as he started the engine of the car.

“Seat belt,” he reminded me.

“Okay.” I immediately placed me seatbelt on. As soon as I was done, the car immediately moved. It was so damn fast that I couldn’t even breathe properly. I kept yelling and yelling and yelling at him to slow down but I bet he didn’t hear it.

“You want me dead don’t you?” I asked as soon as we reached the hotel. My lips were still trembling when I asked him.

“Sorry. I just drive like that.”

“Gosh, I swear I’m never gonna be your passenger ever again” I yelled at him.

“Well, technically, that’s not gonna happen because first of all, I’m your husband that means, you will be where I’m supposed to be. And that would mean, if I’m in the car, you’ll be in the car..with me.”

“I’m going to buy my own car and drive it... safely.”

“That’s acceptable but for the meantime, while both of us don’t have any car yet, let’s feed your stomach first.” He said as he opened the car’s door for me and knelt down in front of me.

“Don’t tell me you’re carrying me to the restaurant?”

“Yeah.”

“No way! It’s embarrassing!”

“You pick then, piggy back ride or I’ll carry you in bridal style?” he threatened. Okay, I don’t know if it was a threat or not but I feel threatened.

“You gotta be kidding me! None of the above!”

“Okay.” he said as he closed the car’s door and went back to the driver’s seat.

“Seat belt.” he said as he started the engine.

“Where the heck are we going?” I asked as I placed back my seat belt.

“You don’t want me to carry you, so we’ll go to the hospital first and treat your sprain. Why are you always getting a sprain anyways?” he asked as the car moved, but this time, it was slower than how he drove earlier.

“It runs in the family. We’re flat footed.” I answered briefly.

“Oh. Okay..” that was all he said before a silence overpowered us. And because he wasn’t talking, I had no other choice but to take a glimpse of the scenes we’re passing by. Then I started to wonder, does he know where the hospital is?

“Yah, do you know where the hospital is?”

“I passed by earlier. Why?”

“I was just wondering. I was afraid we’d get lost or something.”

“We’re here” he said as the car turn towards the entrance of the hospital. He went out immediately and carried me, in bridal style towards the emergency room. I hated what he did but it was the first time I’m being carried like that, so I kinda allowed him to carry me like that.

He then carefully placed me to the hospital bed and talked to the nurse. After a few minutes, a doctor suddenly arrived. And to my surprise, it was Kibum.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for this late update. =)

written by kiashu, edited by Technochic.