The Unwanted Marriage

Siwon's story

SIWON’S POV

I walked out of the building and went towards the convenience store which was located at the right side of the building.

I went inside and grabbed some food that they might probably like. As I picked a certain junk food, I suddenly remembered what happened a few weeks ago.

**FLASHBACK**

“Siwon-ah, you have to do it.” My mom suddenly said. My parents and I had a talk right after we were called in Ms. Kim’s office. I was startled and frustrated by the news that I would have to marry the most nuisance person in the whole world.

“It’ll be a nightmare. I might not be able to wake up anymore!” I angrily told my mom. I controlled my voice level and tried to speak on my normal tone but I just can’t.

“Siwon! How dare you raise your voice?” My dad angrily yelled at me. I looked down and regretted what I just did.

How could I raise my voice to my mom?

My mom suddenly lifted my chin up and tightly holds my hand.

“Honey, you know very well that it’s also hard for us to let you do this. But you’ll just have to stick to it for a few months. I promise, just a few months Siwon.” My mom convinced me.

“Why do I have to do this anyways?” I asked.

“Because, we are in great debt.” My dad briefly explained.

“How could that be possible? I mean, you’re working in the government, which means you have fixed salary.” My mind was dazzled. It was very unclear to me. Everything seemed so unclear.

“Yes. But the salary is not enough to pay all the debts. I want to be honest with you son. A year ago, I started a business without telling you and your mom. It went bankrupt just a month ago and Mr. Kang, your school principal helped me out.” My dad confessed.

This is unbelievable!

“How could it be possible? How did you know him? What does he have to do with Haemi?”

“I was looking for help when someone suggested a financing group that could help me out. I went there and was a bit shocked when I saw your school principal. He went straight to that point and asked me the favor he wanted. I had no choice. I agreed to him. I know this is bad. But he assured me that it will only be a few months.” My dad said.

I was shocked. My dad just sold me off to our school principal. What the hell.

“I’m sorry Siwon. I know there’s should’ve been a much better way to solve this problem. But my I just gave in to this. I’m sorry.” My dad apologized. I wanted to run away and escape but I know I won’t be able to do it. My family is a lot important than me.

“I…I’ll do it.” I said hesitantly.

My dad was clearly surprised, so was my mom. A smile grew on their faces which made feel at ease.

“Thank you, honey! Thank you!” my mom exclaimed and hugged me. I felt her tears on my shoulder and heard her cry. My dad also hugged me but he was still on his pace when he did that.

“I know you won’t fail me, son.” My dad said as he released himself from the hug.

“Now, you’ll have to meet Mr. Kang.” My dad said and got his phone from his pocket.

“I’ll be in my room.” I said and walked away from them.

I locked myself inside my room and buried my face with my palm.

I can’t believe I agreed to this!

I was still in great depression and disbelief. I wanted to cry really hard and then be invisible. I’ve never had this kind of problem-no, I’ve never had any problem in my entire life. This is just way too much for my first problem ever.

I suddenly felt my tears flow from my eyes.

Shoot. I can’t believe I’m crying! I don’t cry over silly things!

I was busy punching my pillow when I suddenly heard a knock on my door.

“Siwon-ah? Honey.” My mom called out.

I immediately wiped my tears and opened the door. I acted as if nothing happened. I just can’t show my parents that I’m weak.

“Yes?” I said as I saw my mom’s face.

“Mr. Kang wanted to meet you at Soshi café.” My mom informed me.

“yes. I’ll be there.” I said and closed the door.

No turning backs.

I immediately prepared myself and then went out of the house.

**************************************************

After a few minutes of waiting, Mr. Kang finally arrived. I stood up and bowed at him. He tapped my shoulder then he sat right in front of me. After he settled down, I immediately took my seat and waited for him to talk.

“Siwon-ah, I’m very much apologetic for dragging you into this.” He said.

I ignored his apology and said nothing. I know I might say something rude, so I just shut my mouth.

“This is actually a problem between me and Haemi’s father. Haemi is the only person who’s left to take over the school. Sooner or later, she’ll be the school principal.” He confessed. It made me have goose bumps, to be honest. How can a stupid person like her be an educator? A principal?

“You got to be kidding, Mr. Kang.” I said. A little chuckle came out from which, I think, made Mr. Kang a bit angry.

“I’m not joking.” He said seriously.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized and turned serious mode.

“Both of us know very well that it’s somewhat difficult to turn her into a different person. But it’s not impossible.” He said.

“Why am I involved in this problem, Mr. Kang?”

“Well, I came up with a plan for Haemi that would most likely be possible if you’re involved.”

“What plan? Marrying her so that I could teach her or help her out?” I sarcastically said.

“Yes. Very accurate answer, Siwon.” He gladly said.

My eyes grew wider by what he said. It’s way too impossible for me to do it! Very impossible!

“Oh no.. That’s way too impossible Mr. Kang.”

“But you’re left with no choice, Siwon. Everything is already arranged. All you have to do is to report to me her improvement and her emotions. You have to teach her with her lessons and motivate her to study. You’ll be living with her for a few months, and I promise you, it will only be for a few months.”

“How many months?” I asked. I know I can’t say ‘No’ anymore, so better yet, I should ask how long it would take.

“Just until graduation,”

I sighed in relief. Graduation is just 4 months away. It won’t be that hard. But, it’s still a bit too long.

“And Siwon, you must never tell Haemi about this. She has no idea about the things were talking about right now. She’s a wild child and I’m afraid she might do something bad once she finds out.” Mr. Kang explained.

**BACK TO PRESENT**

I paid for the food I got for Haemi and her friends then walked out of the store. My conscience was still bugging me. Long ago, this was not important. But after knowing her for a few days, I think this thing is really wrong. She might hate me forever. No, once she finds out, SHE WILL HATE ME FOREVER. It’s something I definitely don’t want to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are getting so predictable. BUT, you'll never know what might happen next. well, i don't even know what will happen next. Hahaha!