Status: Active

When You're Around

Need a Beer

“I take it that’s me,” Kellan smiles as his dimples more prominent when he did so. I thought he was quite adorable to be perfectly honest.
“You weren’t in my way,” Jamie butts in beaming flirtatiously at Kellan as she batted her fake eye lashes at him. I gave Belle an incredulous look and Belle merely shrugged. This Jamie bitch was really starting to piss me off especially the way she literally stood and posed next to Belle without helping Belle one bit when the paparazzi surrounded her.
“Pinche gringa,” I mutter downing the rest of my vodka with lime and Walt stifled a snort of laughter.
“I’m Jamie by the way,” Jamie continues introducing herself to Kellan.
“Nice to meet you, I’m Kellan,” he replies with a smile.
“Bartender, another vodka with lime please,” I smile to the woman with short pixie like bleach blonde hair done in an edgy faux hawk style.
“Sure thing beautiful,” the bartender smiles brilliantly at me her eyes lingering on my exposed clavicle bone.
“What is it with you and other women checking you out?” Walt questions shaking his head at me.
“What are you talking about?” I counter with a laugh.
“Oh my god, see I’m not the only one that notices that,” Belle adds moving her hands around animatedly.
“Maybe she is lesbian,” Jamie suggests looking at me with a slight gaze of disgust.
“No she’s definitely not, maybe she’s just more attractive than you,” Rob says giving Jamie a dirty look. Wow way to stick up for me and down Jamie at the same time.
“Here you go,” the bartender says handing me my drink.
“Thank you,” I reply with a kind smile.
“You’re very welcome,” she says. Jamie and Rob began arguing more so Jamie was calling him a scrawny loser.
“And people wonder why I prefer not to socialize,” I say sardonically as I downed another glass of vodka.
“Shouldn’t you make them stop,” Belle asks quietly.
“That would infer that I even give a damn,” I respond.
“Lou come on,” she says giving me a look.
“Ugh fine, Jamie, Rob shut it, both of you are fucking idiots,” I state to the feuding pair.
“Bitter bitch,” Jamie retorts looking at me.
“That is Miss Bitter Bitch to you sweetheart,” I counter not missing a beat a smile prevalent on my lips every word laced in condescension, “Walt mind giving me ride home? I can’t stand the foul smell of desperation any longer, and I have deadlines to fulfill.”
“My pleasure,” Walt smiles holding his hand out to me, “Shall we?”
“We shall, fun as always, you coming with Belle,” I smile at Belle.
“Of course,” Belle smiles proudly.

The next morning I woke up with a jolt of inspiration to write and by morning I meant three in the morning. I got out of bed and began typing away for hours on end. It was around seven in the morning when I left the room to get something to eat and drink which was a Monster energy drink with a slice of bread. Breakfast of champions at its best but hey I was on a writing streak, I couldn’t stop writing to make myself a proper meal. For a while I was at my desk typing away like a maniac then everyone was starting to wake up and make noises. Of course Johnny and Rob tried to coax me into going with them to the amusement park which I declined without batting an eye. The pair left anyways with Rob lingering at my doorway far longer than he needed to.

This was when I took my laptop and went in the bathroom. In the bathroom I got into the bathtub with my pillow propping my back up properly as I balanced my laptop on my knees and energy drink setting upright between my feet. The sounds of David Bowie filled the air and I was on a roll. A couple more hours passed and I had consumed the whole energy drink and written over seventy pages of story before I crashed; falling asleep in my safe haven.

“If she is in the bath I can just come by later,” a male voice enters my dreams.
“She’s not bathing I assure you, she's just writing away on her laptop,” a female voice reassures with a chuckle.
“I don’t think I understand, should she have electronics while in the tub?” he questions.
“It’s actually kind of funny, you should see this,” another male voice says. I grunted realizing this was not me dreaming but me getting visitors.
“And there she is, half naked in the tub with her pillow, laptop, and an empty can of Monster her reading glasses placed crookedly on the bridge of her nose,” Belle’s voice says musically.
“Lovely use of imagery darling, I thought you and Glitter Boy were going somewhere,” I say in a raspy voice. Belle chuckled and I opened one eye staring up at my visitors. Standing there was Belle, Jackson, and Til. Admittedly I was a little embarrassed to say the least.

“Should get used to the incessant verbal abuse?” Jackson questions.
“Incessant? Belle it’s about damn time you get someone with a wider vocabulary that spreads further than your legs can,” I whisper to Belle who snorted in laughter.
“We are going somewhere, then Til came saying you two were supposed to practice your lines for a movie,” Belle reminds gesturing to Til who stood there mildly amused and awkward about the whole scene. I was only in a men’s button down dress shirt and underwear with plenty of leg showing so it would prove to be a little weird.

“Well thanks for bringing him straight to me,” I say sardonically as I closed the laptop and stood up in the tub.
“You are very welcome, well you two have fun,” Belle replies winking at me as if suggesting we were going to do more than practice lines.
“Absolutely ridiculous woman,” I mutter under my breath as she left the room pulling Jackson along with her.
“Coming from the woman in a bath tub with no pants on,” Jackson calls over his shoulder.

“Sorry I forgot you were supposed to come over, I sort of got into a writing frenzy,” I smile sheepishly up at Til.
“Write anything interesting?” Til inquires interested.
“Just my latest book, I have to write a two hundred page novel by Friday,” I respond.
“How much have you got left?” he asks.
“Another fifty or so, I work better under pressure though, I’ve got a terrible habit of procrastinating,” I chuckle.
“Can’t be easy having to write a book,” Til comments.
“It is and it isn’t, as cliché as it is to say this but it is truly bittersweet,” I admit with a smile.
“I could come back later if you’d like?” he states kindly.
“It’s alright, I’ve been up writing since three in the morning I can stand a break, I’ll put some pants on so you don’t feel more uncomfortable than I am sure you already do,” I laugh walking past him and into my room. I set my computer on my unmade bed and headed behind my Asian style wall fixture to change behind. Swiftly I pulled on some jeans as well as a bra with a white tank top with braided straps and charcoal gray cardigan. It sounded stupid and mildly naïve but I wanted to look good; this man was incredibly attractive to me though nothing would ever happen between us I still liked to be seen as somewhat desirable.

I came out and headed to my desk to grab the script. With the script in hand I began looking around for my glasses. Somehow I couldn’t find them and I was beginning to get irritated resorting to mutter angry Spanish ramblings.
“Maldita sea (damn it),” I mutter trying to retrace my footsteps.
“Are you alright?” Til inquires interrupting my train of thought.
“Uh yeah I’m looking for my reading glasses,” I admit awkwardly trying to look for my glasses on the desk; lifting several pieces of paper in the process. Til let out a soft musical chuckle and I stood up straight then looked at him kind of to ask him that silent question that was what he was laughing at. He walked closer to me reaching out and touched the top of my head. His hand pulled something off my head and held it in front of my eyes with a large smile.
“Please tell me you have short term memory loss,” I say with a smile.
“No but apparently you do,” he chuckles.
“I look incredibly stupid right now,” I reply taking my glasses from his hands feeling my face grow a little hot from embarrassment.
“Don’t be embarrassed it happens to the best of us,” Til states with a reassuring smile.
“Well I’ve got the script and my glasses so I don’t have to hold the paper to my nose in order to see it,” I respond with a smile.
“Alright,” he replies with a nod.

With that we started to rehearse and reading lines. I was having troubles relaxing and letting loose enough to say things without sounding strained. It sucked because I always had this problem with just letting loose completely.

“Why don’t we go out for a late lunch?” Til suggests as I bit my bottom lip while looking down at the script.
“You sure?” I reply looking up at him.
“Yeah we should take a break,” he says with a smile.
“Okay that sounds good,” I nod.
“Is there anywhere you’d like to go?” Til inquires looking at me intently.
“I have a place in mind, I know the owners so you know you don’t get bothered by anyone,” I answer.
“Alright,” he chuckles.

Til and I arrived at La Rive Gauche at my suggestion. It had been a little while since I have been to see Sabine and Samuel at the restaurant. The restaurant wasn’t too busy and the young hostess gave me a glance over.
“Just the two of you?” she asks grabbing a couple menus.
“Tallulah-Rose get your ass over here right now,” I heard a familiar female voice order from across the room, “Have you been forgetting to eat again? You look too skinny already.”
“Hi Sabine,” I smile turning slightly to see her coming at me embracing me in an unexpected hug.
“You smell like coconut with a slight hint of chili powder,” Belle’s mother Sabine says sniffing my hair.
“Thanks?” I chuckle.
“Where have you been? Belle gave me some of that cake you made a little while ago, ugh it was divine by the way, please tell me you made more or better yet make that chocolate cheesecake with the crumbled pieces of dark chocolate,” she rants her eyes lighting up like Christmas lights at the very thought of the chocolate cheesecake.
“I’ll get right on it,” I reply looking over her appearance. I knitted my eyebrows together looking at her, she was glowing with life. Either she was high off her ass on drugs or she was well, pregnant.
“Who’s your friend?” Sabine says noticing Til.
“This is Til, Til this is Sabine Belle’s mother,” I introduce still looking Sabine questioningly. I saw Samuel watching every so often as he spoke to some customers then head over to our little group.
“Lou always great to see you,” Sam says bringing me into a hug.
“Likewise Sam, good to come visit every once in a while and eat some good food while I’m at it,” I respond with a smile.
“You don’t visit enough Tallulah-Rose,” Sabine scolds her eyes brimming with tears.
“Uh Sabine why don’t you go in the kitchens let Lou and her friend eat,” Sam suggests in a kind tone giving her a sweet smile.
“I can get some pickles and-” Sabine rambles as I stopped paying attention to words but looked from Sam to Sabine letting a chuckle of delight when I realized the situation.
“Your table is ready,” the hostess says with a fake smile.
“Thank you Kim,” Sam says as his eyes fleeted to the new employee briefly before bringing his attention back to us, “I’ve got to do a few things before we start setting up for dinner.”
“That’s alright you go,” I smile knowingly.
“It was nice meeting you Til,” he replies with a genuine smile, “I’ll see you around Lou.”

Sam left whilst Til and I sat at our table to begin our late lunch. Drinking the passion fruit tea that was lightly sweetened naturally I smiled to myself thinking about Sabine and Sam.

“They seem nice,” Til comments.
“Yeah they really are, but usually Sabine isn’t like that,” I admit with a chuckle.
“Why’s that funny?” he inquires.
“I’m 87% sure that she is pregnant,” I reply.
“How can you tell?” Til asks intrigued.
“Cravings, intensified senses, emotional, oh and the way she puts her hand on her stomach,” I list with a smile.
“You are strangely observant,” he states with a smile.
“Only when it doesn’t pertain to my life,” I counter with a slight chuckle.

We ate our dinner and it came time to leave. To be honest we had a great time talking, and eating. Til drove me back to the house and the ride was filled with light music. But when the car stopped and Til had pulled up to the curb putting the car in park I felt this strange feeling at the pit of my stomach. I was a little nervous for some reason and I was having troubles unbuckling my seatbelt.

“Here let me help you,” Til offers as his hand brushed up against mine. I looked up at him somewhat embarrassed and he managed to get me loose; locking eyes with me for a long time. He was so damn good looking and I couldn’t turn away; I was paralyzed as his hand lingered longer on top of mine. Ignore the temptation to kiss him Lou, he’s gorgeous but also your co-worker that is incredibly dreamy; damn sexual frustrations stop this insanity. We were inches from each other’s faces and just when Til moved closer a car alarm going off startled us both making us bump foreheads.

“You alright?” he asks with a charming yet slightly embarrassed smile.
“Yeah, I’m okay, this was really fun and thanks for rehearsing lines with me,” I reply a little quickly with a tight lipped smile as my eyes fleeted to who caused the ruckus and now was making their way to the car.
“I’ll see you another time,” Til says kissing my forehead tenderly.
“Goodnight,” I say with a soft smile as I got out of his nice car.
“Goodnight,” he replies returning the smile.

I shut the door and watched as he turned around in the parking area to head to the exit.

“You can’t seriously like him, he’s old,” Rob says next to me his arm snaking around my waist. I snapped my gaze to him and avoided the urge to punch him right in the face. I growled in frustration while shoving him away then headed towards my home.

Who the fuck did he think he was setting the alarm off on his car? A part of me was somewhat thankful so I wouldn’t do anything stupid and ruin things with my fellow co worker slash silver fox with lovely eyes but the other part wanted to just lose control. Damn my conflicting conscious, I’ll deny every little moment and act like it was just an innocent hang out which it was pretty innocent aside from the moments our skin grazed another’s and what seemed to be an almost kiss. Fuck, I’ll only admit to Belle and Walt that Til is very attractive and that he was genuinely really nice to have around not that fact there were moments that I wanted to jump his bones. Stupid attractive German actor and his ridiculous face. I needed a beer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like it, don't know if it was too good and I know Mr Lutz hasn't been in here too much but he's going to be really involved very soon :) Thanks for reading and enjoy :)