Status: Active

When You're Around

Hispanic James Dean

That night was the dinner at my aunt’s house. I didn’t want to go but I had to. As I got dressed in a simple white jersey dress and my wore out brown cowboy boots I decided to spice up my makeup and do a red lip then black winged eyeliner. My hair wasn’t exactly cooperating so I just up it up leaving my bangs out. Once I was finished I slipped on my leather jacket with the sleeves pushed up and I heard my cell phone ringing loudly. Looking at the screen I saw that it was my cousin Miguel.

“Hello.”
“Are you ready? I’m outside.” He responds.
“Uh yeah but why are you outside? I have a car that is perfectly capable of driving there,” I answer.
“You are on the way anyways, besides this way you can drink heavily.”
“I like the way you think dearest cousin. I’ll be right out.”

The drive wasn’t too bad and we arrived at my aunt’s house a few minutes late but that didn’t really matter. It was a night filled with delicious home cooked meal consisting of fresh tortillas, carne asada, salsa, and many other wonderful foods. Luckily the guy the aunts were trying to set me up with was incredibly late or something because we were on desert and he still wasn’t there. It made me very happy that I wouldn’t have to deal with that but soon my happiness was gone when he showed up last minute.

My eyes flicked to the incredibly good looking guy that did indeed look like a Hispanic version of James Dean. His smile was perfectly white and he graciously accepted the attention my aunts were now showing him. I was busy eating my ice cream and playing Mexican poker with my uncles and male cousins when he approached the table. Admittedly he was really easy on the eyes and dressed decent but I was sure to observe him at the corner of my eye to see if he recognized me. Oddly enough he didn’t mention knowing me nor did he act strangely quite honestly he was really down to earth about everything. After an hour of playing cards and some subtle interaction/flirting I was really into this guy.

“I remember who you are,” Francisco states once we were alone at the table.
“Yeah about that, sorry,” I respond awkwardly as I ruffled my hair a bit.
“Its okay, Rod was a pre Madonna anyways.”
“I kinda feel bad for breaking up your band,” I reply.
“Don’t feel bad, the guys are actually happy to get rid of him,” he says smile. I smiled back at him.
“Thanks I don’t feel like as much of an ass.”

The conversation went on to music, and it seemed that Francisco was my musical soul mate. It was very pleasant surprise that this whole set up was actually going so well and that Francisco was so easy going. I found him incredibly attractive both physically and as well as for his mind. When it came time for me to go home the aunts had other ideas.

“Francisco, Tallulah needs a ride home you wouldn’t mind taking her would you?” Tia Beatriz inquires slyly.
“He doesn’t have to I mean I could just get a ride home with Miguel like how I came,” I counter not wanting them to scare this one away.
“No that’s alright I don’t mind taking you home Lou,” Francisco smiles at me. The aunts were giggling and smiling like Cheshire cats as the two of us left the house together.

In his car we further discussed our musical tastes and got along famously. And I hadn’t even realized that we spent the whole time talking until he pulled up to my place.

“Okay so you like the Hives but you haven’t listened to Kaiser Chiefs?” I question incredulously.
“Nope.”
“Ah I must lend that CD to you.”
“Now?” Francisco inquires.
“Sure why not? Maybe you’ll see some more to take,” I answer with a smile.
“Sounds good to me.”

Francisco parked his car and we walked into my seemingly empty place. I guess Belle was elsewhere considering she was no where in sight and I didn’t hear any random moans coming from her room which was a little strange considering how she and Jackson had been fucking like bunnies since they met.

“Well this is my place, I don’t know where my roommate at the moment but I guess we will check out those CDs then,” I comment offhandedly as I began heading back towards my room. Whilst I found the Kaiser Chiefs CD and turned around victoriously only to be kissed quite feverishly by Francisco and boy was I surprised. The mix of the fact I had been deprived and the fact that this man was lovely to look at I just let the kiss deepen.

As the kiss deepened Francisco skillfully began peeling layers of clothes off. I didn’t even protest, I was too caught up in the moment and could only marvel at his shirtless body as he lifted me up then let me down onto my bed.

When you think of sex, you think steamy, and hot but this, this was not. It was over before I could even react to how absolutely bizarre and uncomfortable it was. He was trying too hard and seemed troubled making me feel a bit self conscious and incompetent. Finally the very defeated Francisco stopped all together and got off of me but something had to be wrong.

“I’m so sorry Lou, I thought this would work because you’re so wonderful and beautiful,” he says absolutely distressed.
“Its okay sometimes these things just don’t work out.”
“It’s not okay I’m a faggot,” Francisco states covering his face in shame and sadness.

“Don’t say that,” I state seriously, not liking that he was using that word to describe who he couldn’t help being.
“Its true I’m a fucking faggot, not even someone like you can make me be straight.”
“Franz, I don’t want to make you be anything you aren’t honestly, nothing is wrong with you, I’m not here to judge.”
“How can you be so calm about this? You should hate me.”
“Did you want me to kick you out of my house or something? I’m not very good with dramatics,” I reply with a soft smile.
“You aren’t going to tell anyone are you?” he asks.
“No that’s you’re secret to tell, but you shouldn’t be so scared about how everyone’s going to react just be you.”

“I never took you to be so enlightened.”
“I have my moments,” I chuckle as I slipped my undergarments back on, “you can stay if you want, I don’t mind.”
“Gracias a mi angelita,” he replies pulling me into a hug.

I hugged him back, feeling his need for approval and solace after his big reveal. We slept like this cuddling under my blankets but it wasn’t in a romantic way, just something comforting and platonic. By morning I woke inhaling Francisco’s delightful cologne and stretched out of his arms getting out of bed.

Thirsty as well as hungry I groggily made my way out of the bedroom to the kitchen. My eyes were half shut as I opened the refrigerator and grabbed the carton of orange juice that was nearly empty. Too lazy to get a glass I opened the carton then started drinking it straight from it. I heard someone let out a giggle as I scratched my stomach lazily after downing the carton then looked up to see everyone seemed to be in my kitchen. All present were Kellan, Jackson, Emi my new assistant, and Mr. Hugo Stiglitz himself.

“Top of the morning Lou!” Kellan greets brightly.
“Where’s Belle?” I respond.
“She left for a photoshoot,” Jackson answers.
“Why the fuck are you here then?”
“My house is being fumigated,” he replies.
“Emi called pest control, my home has become infested with sparkly leeches,” I say throwing the empty carton away. Emi laughed.
“I’ll get right on it boss lady,” Emi giggles.
“Mi Angelita I’m going to go head to the station for my shift,” Francisco says from the doorway wiping the sleep from his eyes standing only in his jeans. He was so lovely to look at and I stared for a moment before answering.
“Oh right um don’t be trying to put out the fire with gasoline,” I reply jokingly making him chuckle.
“I will definitely call you after my shift, and maybe we can do this again minus the crazy familia,” he smiles brightly then pecked me on the lips.

Once he left, I felt everyone’s stare on me. Then Emi broke the silence.

“Congrats on the fire fighter.”
“Belle will be disappointed for not being able to witness you having a guy leave the house that you had stay over,” Jackson comments.
“Moving on, was I supposed to be somewhere today?” I respond changing the subject then looked at Emi expectantly.
“Cast meeting with Til and the rest of the gang, then book release party for Tucker Max.”
“Lovely well I’m going to take a quick shower I’ll be ready in fifteen, Jackson be a good little pirate and entertain them,” I reply walking off to go take a shower.

After a quick shower I dressed in a pair of skinny jeans with a sheer ivory hippie top with lace designs and a black undershirt. Then I slipped on my black leather punk high heels and pinned my hair back in a bun with my bangs still out. My makeup was kept simple with a light bronze cheek and shimmer eye shadow with mascara then a nude lip. Grabbing my black purse I was ready to go.

“Wow you are fast,” Emi says slightly impressed.
“That’s what she said,” Kellan smirks.
“Indeed she did Beefcake, indeed she did,” I respond.
“Did you need me to do anything?”
“Uh I don’t know make sure I remember Tucker’s party, he’d get pissed if I didn’t come….and don’t comment on that Kellan,” I say giving him a quick look making him grin wildly.
“I have just started working for you and its already rad,” Emi giggles.
“I am pretty amazing.”
“Way to be humble Lou,” Jackson says sarcastically.
“Shhh quiet Jack Sparrow, just sit and look pretty until Belle comes back,” I state.
“Ha! Jack Sparrow,” Kellan laughs.
“Okay Emi quick, Bill Clinton love him or hate him,” I say looking at Emi.
“Love him,” she replies.
“Oh lovely day, I think this is going to be a good collaboration. Um well we should probably head out Til,” I say all at once then looked at Til who of course had to look attractive in his simple black t-shirt.
“Alright, nice meeting you Emi,” Til replies shooting Emi a close mouthed smile.

“Lou I’m going to come back here when its time for you to get ready for the party, Martin said you’re supposed to let me do your hair all fancy and be sure you don’t nap instead of getting ready,” Emi says.
“It concerns me how well that man knows me, ah, I suppose I shall see you later my personal strung out snow white.”
“Bye.”

Til and I left the house then Til gestured that we were going to take his car, following him there I got into the passenger seat. As he drove he was sort of tense and pissed off looking.

“You alright?” I ask breaking the silence and noticing his grip on the steering wheel was pretty tight.
“Fine, why do you ask?” he replies curtly.
“No reason.”
“So I take it the dinner went well.”
“It was alright,” I answer honestly.
“It seemed to have gone better than alright,” Til comments hinting at something. I turned to look at him.
“No need to pout Til, what happened isn’t pout worthy,” I smile.
“He seems to think you are interested.”
“It’s a little more complex than that but no nothing is going on between him and I its strictly platonic now drive you strangely green German.”
“Green?”
“With envy? Someone’s feeling extra blonde today and it’s not me,” I tease. Til shook his head smiling and I felt a little strange that he was jealous.

The cast meeting was lovely and good fun. By the time I got back to my house Jackson and Emi were there. Not feeling like going to the party alone I decided to ask if Emi would go.

“Emi do you want to go to this party with me, I feel lame going alone.”
“Uh I would but I have to go to my abuelita’s for her birthday party.”
“Aw man, this sucks damn birthdays and Belle not being home,” I curse.
“Why don’t you ask Kellan to go with you? He doesn’t have anything going on tonight,” Jackson suggests from the couch.

“He’d prove to be entertaining do you think he’d dress up like secret service and pretend to be my body guard?” I reply.
“Most likely.”
“Ah call him then, this could be fun.”

Jackson smiled brightly obviously pleased with something as he grabbed his phone and began to dial what I assumed to be Kellan’s number. I paid no attention as Emi lead me to the back to help get me ready. At least I’d have some company at the party, lord knows Tucker was going to get belligerently drunk then prove to be incapable to speak in words. This could be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the wait but here is the next part of WYA. hope you liked it and we would love to hear your thoughts :)