Sequel: Ever After Never Came
Status: Finished!

I've Hoped For Change, It Gets Better Everyday

Somehow Everything's Gonna Fall Right Into Place

A week passed and my experience at the club was kept under wraps, for which I was thankful. School was back in session, much to my dismay. My mother walked in while I was doing my hair.

“Hey love. How are you today?” She sat on my bed, looking at the clothes I’d picked out.

“I’m fine. Did you sleep well?” This was a typical conversation, my mind was on autopilot. I wrapped the last piece of hair around the barrel of my curling iron.

“Yes, I did. Uh, listen Abby, your father and I, well, we’re worried about you. You’ve not been yourself lately. I know you’ve had some issues with your friends, but this seems like more. Is everything okay?”

I busied myself with cleaning up my dresser as I thought of an acceptable answer. I knew ‘I’ve just been tired’ wasn’t going to cut it. I turned to her and picked up my clothes.

“I’ve just been dealing with some stuff lately. Don’t worry though, I’m okay.”

“Are you sure? I’ve never seen you like this, Abigail,” my mom stated. Worry lines creased her face and I realized that my mom was getting older, and worrying about me wasn’t helping. I felt a lump form in my throat as I thought of the possibility of losing my parents. What would I do without them?

I smiled at her. “I’m sure mom, really. I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.” I kissed her forehead and hugged her. I needed to get my act together, for my mom’s sake at least.

She smiled back at me and returned the hug. “Well, alright. You know you can talk to me about anything right?”

I nodded. “I know, mom.”

“Alright, well hurry. You’ll be late for your first day back,” she said as she left my room. I sighed and as I finished getting ready, a newfound trouble nagging at me.

~*~

“No, Alex. I will not sit with you guys at the table. Just pretend I don’t exist.” I shoved all my books into my locker. “I am still friends with you, Zack, Rian, Kara and Lisa, but Jack and I, we’re done. So I’d appreciate it if you let me slide and just expect to see me out of school, away from Jack.”

Alex sighed dramatically. “Why do you have to be such a girl?”

I rolled my eyes and glared at him. “Maybe because I am a girl.”

“You know what I mean. Just, come on… why do we have to pay for Jack’s mistakes? We’re not the ones who screwed this up,” Alex complained.

“Because I’m not going to make you choose me or him. I’ll see you later. I’ll be in the library.” I left him at my locker down the hallway.

~*~

Alex watched Abigail walk away and sighed. Why were girls so complicated?

Lisa made her way toward her boyfriend. His lips spread in a smile when his eyes fell on her. At least he knew of one girl who wasn’t crazy. He loved her; there was no doubt about that. He wouldn’t have fought for her as hard as he did; wouldn’t have put his friendship in jeopardy for her if he didn’t. Lisa returned the smile as she neared him.

“Hey, any luck?” She pecked him on the lips quickly as his arm slid around her waist.

“No, she said to ignore her,” Alex replied as they walked to the lunchroom. “This is getting ridiculous, Lis.”

“No kidding,” Lisa agreed. “You know… I heard Jack complaining about Linda. It looks like there’s trouble in paradise.”

“Yeah, well Jack’s pretty stupid. He doesn’t realize that he wants Abby. Linda’s just a distraction.”

“Why would he bother then? Abby likes Jack, Jack likes Abby. What’s the problem?”

Alex looked at her. “Jack has always said that he wouldn’t ever be tied down. Then you came along and changed his mind. Then I stole you away. Jack’s never wanted to get hurt like that again.”

“So this is my fault?” she questioned.

Alex shook his head. “No, more mine, but still you’ve got to see where he’s coming from.”

“I guess you’re right. I couldn’t help myself. You’re perfect for me,” she defended lightly.

“And you are perfect for me.” Alex gave her one last hug and kiss before they entered the lunchroom.

They both looked at their table, Kara, Rian, and Zack sat opposite Jack, like he was the outcast. He was, thanks to a certain blonde who’d swopped in and stolen their hearts. Jack was being shunned, and Alex knew which side he should sit on and on which he wanted to be, he just wished he didn’t have to choose.

“Alex?”

He tore his eyes from the disgruntled table to his girlfriend.

“We have to do something to fix this.”

Truer words had not been spoken.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah this is a filler, and I apologize, but hopefully this will get the ball rolling again. So sorry guys!

99 readers and 32 subs? You guys are amazing!