Sequel: Ever After Never Came
Status: Finished!

I've Hoped For Change, It Gets Better Everyday

You Put A Hold On My Heart And Soul, Leaving Me So Confused...

If I could explain Jack’s and my relationship in one word, I think I’d use complex.

On the one hand, we couldn’t hang out just us the way we used to; it was too weird, too much bad blood. On the other hand, we both wanted to try to make it work so badly. It was like trying to fit a square into a circle; useless and impossible.

We were having such a nice time, playing video games and eating junk food, waiting for the rest of the crew. I was about to beat Jack yet again, thanking my brother for all the times he’d attempted to teach me how to play video games, when Jack completely blindsided me. He threw a fit when the screen flashed, professing my victory. He tossed the controller and lunged at me. I screamed, laughing all the while, as he pinned me down. He laughed at me for a few seconds before we realized how close we were to each other. My laughing quieted down and my heart rate increased. Jack’s face was filled with a look I didn’t quite register until he started leaning in.

“J-Jack, what are you doing?” I stuttered. I opened my mouth to ask him again but his lips silenced me. My eyes closed and I was kissing back. I knew it was wrong; so wrong, but I couldn’t stop myself. His lips moved with mine then he traced the outline of my lips with his tongue, asking me to open them. I’d never been kissed so gently, so passionately. Jack explored my mouth as his hands started roaming my body.

“Holy shit!”

Jack sprang away as if I was burning him and I sat up, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. Alex, Lisa, Zack, Rian, and Kara were standing in the doorway. My cheeks burned red, I’d been caught red-handed.

“Uh, we, uh, we were just, I – shit,” Jack stuttered over his words.

“Abby passed out, and you were just giving her mouth to mouth,” Alex crossed his arms. “Well this is awkward.”

“It was unexpected,” I replied. “My sugars dropped.”

“Right and Jack’s candy-coated lips were the only things that could do the trick,” Rian smirked.

“I’d really rather not talk about it.” I stood up and plotted myself on the couch, where I’d been sitting before Jack and my impromptu make out session. My stomach was filled with butterflies. What the hell was I thinking!?

The boys went into the kitchen to supposedly grab snack and drinks. I’m sure they went to talk about what they’d seen. Lisa and Kara climbed onto the couch on either side of me.

“Well, that was incredibly intense. How did that happen?” Lisa asked, curious. Kara looked concerned.

“I – I don’t know. It was just surprising. I mean one second we were playing video games, the next he’s on me and leaning in,” I explained in a whisper.

“And how do you feel about it?” Kara asked carefully.

“I don’t know.”

“Well I think you should talk to him. Didn’t he say he didn’t want you?” Lisa pointed out. I had to thank her for the slap in the face.

“Yes, he did. He said he couldn’t like me in that way. But apparently he likes me enough to kiss me,” I shrugged. “I’ll deal with it. Can we stop talking about it? Please?”

“Fine,” Lisa dropped the subject and grabbed a handful of popcorn. Kara eyed me, not suspiciously, but something close to it. Like she was trying to figure out what I was thinking. I was actually thankful they’d shown up. Who knows how far it could’ve gone if they hadn’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
So hey guys. I'm so sorry it's so short, but I just wanted to do a quick update sooner rather than later. I must say I love you, my faithful subscribers. You are so amazing.

My readers, thanks. I wish you weren't lurkers and that you were interested enough to subscribe, but oh well. Thanks for giving it a chance.

123 readers, 35 subs. <--- You are so beautiful to me. =)