‹ Prequel: Love at First Class
Status: This story is completed.

Love against law

Don’t Interrupt me

Chapter 15: Don’t Interrupt me:
“Prince-” Alex cleared his throat. “Sonea don’t interrupt” I nodded, and Alex carried on teaching about plants reproducing. I had copied his notes and learned it all already, Alex had never discov-ered that I always took his notes, but he sure seemed happy when I always knew the answers his questions.
When the lesson was nearly over Alex did something no teacher had ever done at our school. He proposed that we’d go on a camping trip in the summer, it was not like any other camping trip, and it was more like a survival trip.
“I’m talking building shelters, catching our own food; we will be completely on our own” Alex fin-ished.
A long silence followed, where the students just looked at each other. I knew what the others were thinking, because I was actually thinking the exact same thing; a teacher who voluntarily wanted to spend time with us!? No teacher had ever suggested such a thing.
The bell rang but still everyone kept quiet.
“Okay you guys think about this until next time, and then we see how many of you will be joining”
“Was this what you planned yesterday?” I asked Alex, when we walked in the hall way.
“Yeah I wanted it to be a surprise” he smiled.
“Well I’m looking forward to it” I smiled, the nudged his ribs teasingly. “But do you even know how to build a shelter?”
“Of course!” Alex laughed.
“I don’t believe you” I said smugly.
“I’ll prove it to you when we get home, I’ll show you”
“What’ll he show you?” Anna jumped me from behind.
“That he can build a shelter” I laughed, Anna looked at Alex then broke out laughing too.
“What!?” he stopped. “You don’t believe I can!? Seriously!”
“It’s not that dear, it’s just you don’t seem like the type” Anna smiled and patted his shoulder, as she hurried off to get lunch.
“I can” Alex assured me again.
“I didn’t say anything” I smiled.
“I know I can”
“And I believe you” I said putting a hand on his lower arm.
“Thank you” Alex smiled.
We lingered like that for a moment, my hand on his arm until a teacher nearby coughed to remind Alex to keep his distance.
“Let’s go get lunch” I mumbled, removing my hand.
“Yeah” Alex smiled.
“So I was wondering… are we going to live of worms and berries?” I asked when Alex and I sat down at a table in the cafeteria. Alex had begun eating with the students, since the whole thing with being locked out of the teachers’ lounge.
“Of course not” he laughed. “We’re too civilized for that, we’re eating ants” he added the last part smiling somewhere over my head.
“What!?” Anna said, sitting down next to me.
“We’re eating soup, and the fish we catch” Alex said quickly, fearing Anna’s rage and with good reason too, messing with her about things like food was never wise.
“That sounds awesome” Seth sat down beside me.
“Hey Seth, haven’t seen you for a while” I smiled.
“Yeah just got another baby brother, so I just got in, you know” he smiled.
“Congrats my boy” Anna hugged him.
“Yeah congratulations” Alex and I said nearly at the same time, which earned us some weird glanc-es.
“Aren’t you a little too young for that?” Anna asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Yeah” we said at the exact same time. I smiled and looked at my food.
“Alex why are you eating here anyway?” Seth eyed him then me and then back again.
“The teachers locked me out, so I guess I’m not permitted to go in there anymore” Alex muttered awkwardly.
“Bad luck man, anyway it’s cool you’re here”
“Yeah man!” Matt and the other guys from our class walked up and sat down at our table. “It’s like you’re one of us, just you’re smarter, and like helping us with homework”

“Alex Truman report to the parking lot immediately” Margret’s voice suddenly ran through the speakers, Alex nearly choked on his water. “Oh and honey… bring Sonea” Alex and I both blushed as we got up, everyone followed us with their eyes. We walked out of the cafeteria and entered the hallway, where it seemed that the students had heard Margret too, because they stared more than usually.
We walked outside and headed for the parking lot, where it was freezing, a few journalists and pho-tographers greeted us, but Alex just guided me away, and headed for the far end, where Margret stood next to the limo.
“The results came from the interview; it seems that an incredible number of people watched it”
“Well that’s good news!” I breathed out; I had feared more bad news, because lately all I’d gotten was bad news so I had expected this to be too.
“Indeed it is, now we will be preparing a little celebration at the mansion, it is important that in the time of despair even the smallest victory must be celebrated, it’ll be nothing big, just a few friends… maybe you should bring someone too Sonea”
I nodded still thinking about what she’d said, a celebration at the mansion… probably with fancy people in fancy dresses, this was not going to end well. Anna would have to help me and teach me how to act around those people; this was not the kind of party for a socially awkward person like me.
I left Alex with Margret because they had something to discuss that I wasn’t a part of, normally I would have thought that the girlfriend was supposed to get angry about something like that, but I wasn’t angry at all.
“Anna! You so need to help me!” I greeted her in the cafeteria; she still sat with the others at the table. “Margret is throwing a party at the mansion, and I don’t know what to do!?”
“What? Aren’t you invited?” she asked not understanding.
“Of course I am! And you are too, but I don’t know anything about this sort of thing!” the others around the table laughing as I buried my face in my hands.
“I’m invited!?” she squealed. “Don’t worry I’ll fix everything!” she practically yelled dramatically, which made a lot of people turn their heads to stare at us.
“That’s good to hear” I mumbled under my breath, Seth looked at me weirdly as I he had heard, maybe he had.

Hours seemed to go by with the last class for today and going to Anna’s house and going through her closet, then finally giving up and lying down on the floor.
“I would have sworn that I had at least three dresses that could be used to formal parties” Anna sighed running a hand through her brown hair.
“It’s okay Anna, you should wear that one” I pointed towards the light blue satin dress that hung on Anna’s closet door.
“But what will you wear!?” she leaned up on her elbows looking at me in horror.
“Well… I was thinking about going nude, you know… nothing looks better than nothing” I said very seriously, trying my best not to smile.
Anna just looked completely blank, opening her mouth and then closing it again several times, as if she wanted to say something but didn’t know what.
“I’m kidding!” I burst out laughing; it didn’t take long before both Anna and I were rolling around on the floor laughing like crazies.
“Oh I can SO imagine it! The expressions of everyone, and Alex! Oh he’d stare!” Anna laughed, which increased my laughing too, indeed Alex would stare.
“Oh I’ve missed this” Anna panted when our laughing died down. “You know? Just the two of us, no problems in the world, just us laughing and being us” she looked at me with a small smile.
“Yeah I know, I’ve missed this too”
We lay on the floor for some time just talking about this and that, just small talk about what we missed and what we looked forward to.

Honking from outside caught our attention and we jumped up from the floor and ran to the window just in time to see Alex locking his car and walking towards the door of the house.
“Well talk about prince charming” Anna laughed making heart signs with her hands.
I laughed rolling my eyes. “Really Anna? Don’t you think Alex and I have been together too long for that to annoy me?”
“Yeah you’re right” Anna laughed and got up from the floor where we’d been kneeling. “I’m gonna go open the door” I nodded and decided I’d clean up the mess we’d made while she did that.
“Hey Sone, so you guys had fun?” Alex greeted lightly as he entered Anna’s room along with her.
“Yeah it was nice to be just the two of us again” Anna said softly smiling at me in a way she hadn’t done for some time now, I copied her smile but wasn’t satisfied with my response at all, I felt like I couldn’t smile wide enough for Anna to know what I really felt.
“Have you packed everything, we have to hurry a little, you know how mom gets when it comes to the perfect outfit” Alex made a face and chuckled a little.
“Am I lending a dress from you?” I asked puzzled.
“Of course! Unless you have a dress yourself? In that case we can go get it”
“Well… no I haven’t got one, but- but are you sure it’s okay, I mean you and your family have al-ready given me so much, I feel like I’m just stealing everything from you”
“Nonsense! Really Sonea its okay, mom and dad doesn’t even know what to do with all of their money, and we all loving having you around”
“We better get going if we’re supposed to do makeup too” Anna gathered her makeup kit, and I fetched my bag. Soon we were driving in Alex’s car towards the mansion where I currently stayed like it was my home.
“Sonea! Come upstairs! I think I found the perfect dress!” I heard Margret yell the second the door had closed. I looked at Alex and Anna and smiled, Anna bolted up the stairs faster than I’d thought humanly possible, both dress and makeup in a death grip in her arms.
Alex laughed and walked upstairs too, we parted ways when we reached the top.
When I entered Margret’s room Anna was already in her dress and zipping up the zipper of Marg-ret’s maroon dress. Margret’s dress was so stunningly beautiful, it wasn’t very detailed and it really was an example of how a almost simple looking dress could be extraordinarily beautiful.
“Wow Margret… you look beautiful” I muttered in awe.
“Well thank you Sonea” she smiled warmly. “Here try this one on” she handed me a dress; I held it out and looked uncomfortably at it. The lower part of it was black and poofy, while the top was tight fitting black with silver detailing.
“Are you sure?”
“Positive” Margret ushered me towards the Chinese screen she changed behind. I reluctantly changed into the dress; I couldn’t just say no to the dress, it would be very ungrateful. I stepped out from behind the fan and as expected the both gasped wildly and dramatically, Anna dropped the blush-brush she’d been dusting over Margret’s cheeks, and quickly dropped down to pick it up again.
“You look beautiful!” Margret exclaimed. “Just perfect!”
“I think maybe it’s too… I don’t know… I just don’t like it when people stare at me too much” I confessed blushing like crazy.
“Oh sweetie a smaller dress will not change that, but it won’t be that much staring, it’s not like we invited everybody we know”
“Don’t worry Sonea I’ll make sure you look fantastic, but still natural… see just like you want it, right?”
I chuckled at Anna’s sweet words. “You know me too well Anna” I smiled and surrendered to Margret’s and Anna’s makeup applying and reassuring hands. For me it seemed like I had been there for hours, but in reality it had only been about forty-five minutes.

“Girls… can I come in?” Alex knocked on the door
“No! If you come in you’ll ruin the surprise!” Anna squealed.
“But the guests are on their way some are already downstairs” he mumbled, I visualized Alex stand-ing up against the door like a child would have done it.
“Go down and talk to them then!” Anna giggled loudly, Margret nodded in approval.
“Alex it’s okay I’ll sneak downstairs in a minute, just… try to keep them occupied so they won’t notice me”
I guessed Alex accepted this because no answer was heard from him, and after a while we all under-stood that he was not outside of the door anymore.
“Okay! All finished!” Anna exclaimed. Margret stood up from the chair she had been resting in, it had been fifteen minutes since Alex walked downstairs, and Anna had done a fantastic job and it didn’t take long at all. I had thought makeup would be a living hell taking hours of sitting still, but Anna always was good with a makeup kit.
Margret insisted on doing my hair promising it wouldn’t take long, and she was right, it took a total of seven minutes and was a hairstyle called a “French Twist” or something like that. It looked really good and looked very elegant.
“Now” Margret said eyeing all three of us in the mirror. “I think we’re ready to go”
“Hold up!” Anna stopped when both Margret and I walked towards the door. “Do you have a cam-era? We should save this moment, I mean I want to remember this for the rest of my life” she said the last part a little shyly which wasn’t like her at all.
“That’s a good idea, I’ll find someone to take pictures” she walked out the door and Anna and I looked at each other and smiled wide, the smiling turned into giggling and the giggling turned into laughter.
I nudged Anna playfully in the ribs and she slapped my shoulder lazily. Margret came back with Otto the bodyguard who was more or less a part of the family, he had a small digital camera in one of his huge hands, it looked very out of place considering that Otto himself was a very large and buff man. Margret and Anna made me pose and smile for about seven pictures, and then he put it on auto snap and posed with us in one picture.

Walking down the stairway was the single most painfully embarrassing thing in my entire life, eve-ryone were standing in the grand foyer so when I started walking in noticed everyone staring, I tried to find Alex but I couldn’t spot him in the mass of black and white dressed people.
I saw William smiling near the stairs; I smiled a small smile to him and headed that way. This whole scenario was too much like a movie, I wanted it over with so I could silently creep up in the corner and hide from the mass of people.
That was all until I spotted Alex working his way through the crowd, his mouth slightly open and eyes fixed directly on me, I focused on him and blocked the rest out which helped a lot.
Anna and Margret walked right behind me, which provided me with a feeling of security, when I suddenly reached the bottom of the stairs with a shock I realized I had been so lost in thought about Alex that I had dazed out while walking.

“Y-you… you…” Alex smiled goofily when I stopped right in front of him, I giggled and he blushed very much. “I mean.. you look… beautiful” he smiled a shy smile. Casper jumped Alex from behind, catching him in what looked like a bone crushing hug, Alex didn’t even flinch.
“Alex the right word is gorgeous, you look gorgeous Sonea” he laughed.
“Thank you Alex… and Casper” I smiled at both of them and then looked down briefly, eye contact was not what I was best at.
“I’m gonna get you some alcohol free drinks” Alex smiled at Anna and I, we nodded and soon after Anna and Casper disappeared in the direction Alex went, claiming that they were going to make sure he got the right ones.

Margret took me by the arm and dragged me with her, she had come right out of the crowd like a bird catching its prey and lurking away, I felt like a half dead mouse… is that good?
“Here Sonea this is Mr. and Mrs. Addams they are old family friends” Margret placed me in front of her, urging me to shake the elderly couple’s hands; I smiled and exchanged polite hello’s. I had of course figured out that this was about introducing me to the entire circle of friends and family.
It was a lot to take in all at once and even though I was good at remembering names I had to have several of them repeated, but the friends and family were happy to say their names time after time with truly smiling expressions.
Alex, Anna and Casper joined when I was about halfway through all of the people; I had already covered all of the family on William’s side and several of his friends and co-workers.
“Where have you been?” he smiled handing me the glass of what I suspected to be children’s cham-pagne.
“Your mom’s introducing me to everyone” I smiled and accepted the glass, I sipped it and my suspi-cions were confirmed. Non alcoholic drinks were one of the perks of being a mere child, being a child or teenager as I am, does not fit into my life at all. I have a grown up boyfriend, grown up problems and drinking alcohol free drinks at formal parties makes me feel so much worse.
“Yo Alex! Long time no see, man!” a whole bunch of boys around Alex and Casper’s age came walking through the crowd.
“Hey guys” Alex greeted smiling casually bumping fists with some of them. I noticed Casper and a dark skinned beautiful boy exchange glances, Casper blushed and looked away and Anna and I smiled knowingly at each other.
“So this is Sonea!” the guy in the front said stretching out a hand which I of course shook. “You have been all over the news lately, but of course you would when you bag the wonder child of the Truman’s” he smiled politely though his voice was arrogant. “I’m Ken, Ken Nichelson but you can call me Ken” he winked in a too arrogant way. I smiled a small smile but decided not to pay him much attention, I looked past him where five guys stood smiling friendly smiled, I smiled at each in turn and then greeted the one closest to me.
“Frederik” a jet black haired man smiled he had pure white teeth and looked in generally very nice, all of them did.
“Brian… Frederik’s brother” a younger one smiled, now that I knew I could see the family resem-blance.
“Hi I’m Stephen” the first blonde of the five friends said, he seemed the most down to earth of them which was nice, it was weird because the only one that had made me feel like an object to be watched was Ken, I had already found out that I didn’t like him, and he didn’t like me either because since I cut his attention he’d been evil eyeing me.
“I’m Michael, you look very beautiful tonight” a man with about shoulder length hair that was combed back in a fancy way smiled, he somehow found my hand and kissed it like in the movies, I blushed furiously and looked down inching closer to Alex.
“Whoa back off there man” Alex laughed everyone eyed him like he was supposed to say something more, but he didn’t.
“I’m Samson, pleased to meet you” the one Casper had been eyeing earlier smiled, once again he glanced at Casper, but Casper was already held up in a conversation with an elderly woman.
All of them were wearing black and white tuxedoes and suits, very classy and formal looking but still laid back in attitude; they looked like they had come to have fun.
“So how did you bag him Sonea? Lots have tried, none succeeded” Stephen joked slapping Alex playfully on the shoulder.
“I actually don’t know” I laughed which surprised me very much, before I had met Alex I wouldn’t be able to say a word, but he’s made me feel so much more comfortable with myself and my sur-roundings.
“What do you mean? You must have done something!” Samson broke in.
“Well I didn’t really do anything” I paused thinking about when I first met Alex, he was a new teacher back then and lost… he didn’t know which classroom to go to… “Well besides showing him around the school, you remember… right? Y’know the first day… in biology…” I looked up at Alex
“How could I forget? You were so clumsy when I asked you to lend me your book… you still are very clumsy” Alex grinned playfully.
“Of course I was! You were new and I wanted you to like me!” I poked him playfully. “And when we both dropped my book, we both tried to pick it up, and you bumped your head into mine” I was now talking more to Alex than his friends.
“Hey it was you who bumped into me!” Alex laughed.
“Oh c’mon guys you were both so endearing and cute and awkward to watch, both clumsy as hell and caught up in liking each other from the very first time you met, trust me, I could tell” Anna made her way into our circle, and shook everyones’ hand’s one at a time and introducing herself.
An awkward silence filled where Alex and I sent each other shy glances.
“Alex dear bring Sonea!” Margret called from a few feet away. “Sonea you have to come say hello!”
With that I was being showed around again, but this time Alex was by my side so it was better.
In the end Alex’s friends had so much fun that when Margret invited them to stay the night none of them said no, and they all got a guest room close to Alex’s room, teasing comments were not avoid-ed as Alex and I bade them goodnight and walked to his or… our room.