Status: New co-written story. Comments are love.

Time Runs Through Our Veins.

I'm alright being wrong

One day after school I follow my usual ritual of raiding the fridge and crawling into bed to do whatever I feel like doing. Usually I don't feel like doing anything. 

Jordan walks into my room and drops my guitar onto my lap. "Play something." He demands.

I stare at the familiar instrument and then at my brother. "I can't."

He grunts and throws something else my way. My favorite baseball. "Go pitch! The batting cages are open too." 

"It's not baseball season." I argue.

Next, he chucks a couple paintbrushes at me. "Do something."

"I can't!"

"You can't or you won't? I realize that Nolan breaking up with you is hard to handle but C'mon! You only went out for like, four days."

"Jordan, I love him and love's not relevant to how long you've been dating someone."

"Yeah, whatever. You aren't even trying to get him back. You just sit here and do nothing. Paint him something. Sing him something. Just....stop doing nothing."

"What do you want me to do?!" I scream, standing from the bed and getting in his face. "You know damn well that I want nothing more than to get him back! You know that I've tried everything! Nothing's worked so what the fuck an I supposed to do? He won't listen."

"Well make him! I'm sick of this! My best friend and my brother are both acting like the world has ended!"

"Wait. How can I make him listen?"

Jordan looks annoyed. "There's tons of ways, Ry."

"You're a genius." I say excited. I think I know the perfect way to win him back. 

"Uh...of course I am but just out of curiosity, why?"

I laugh at him and tell him my idea. He loves it and by the end of the night we have a plan, two back-up plans, sixteen people who agree to help and one hell of a day in front of us. 
***

In art I can't help but try to talk to Nolan again. Just when I think he might actually give me a chance he gets up and walks out. Just straight up leaves.

I sigh and hold back the tears that threaten to fall. After today it'll all be okay. This will work. This better work. 

Jordan texts me that he's here with the stuff and I go out to the front to set up. 

I got some of my friends to help with the plan so they go around hooking up amps and hanging the cheesiest banner we could possibly think of. It says 'I love you, Nolan' and hopefully it's enough to get his attention. 

Jordan's busy setting up his drums while two friends of mine tine guitars and bases. Another person sets up and tests the microphone and I put the keyboard on the stand and make sure it's hooked up right.

When the bell rings I want a few seconds before I see Nolan. He sees us and his eyes widen.

Unfortunately instead of a smile, he scowls and storms over to me. "What the hell is this?"

"I just want you to listen, please."

"Do you not know how bad you hurt me? I'm not going to sit here and pretend that you care about me when you don't. Why can't you let it go?"

His words stab me all over and I reach out to him. Nolan backs away, shaking his head, and disappears.

Jordan walks up to me. "Well, that didn't go well. I bet it was the sign. I told you it was stupid."

"But it did get his attention." Kevin points out. He's the guy with the bass. 

"Yeah, point. Okay! On to plan B." Jordan announces. 

The boys look at each other and smirk. This should be fun. Two guys run into the bus lot and straight onto a bus. We see them having an interesting conversation with the driver before the bid starts to move. We lead it into the main quad and plan B is in action.

Kevin hops off the bus and smiles. "He did it for cheap. One hour for $200."

As soon as I pay the driver he leaves and we start re-setting up. Two AV guys set up speakers all around the quad and I set up a few amps on top of the bus. Jordan sets the drums on the left side and a couple girls roll out an actual size piano to the front. 

After the microphones are ready we send Josh (The AV guy) in and the fun begins. 

The fire alarm blares and Josh runs out with a smile. People file out and start gathering around to see what's going on. We stationed ally's all around the school to lead people here as soon as they got outside so the crowd get steadily larger until the entire school is here. 

Jordan gives me a thumbs up and I pull myself to the top of the bus. I grab a mic and take a deep breath. "Hey guys! You all know who I am, right?" The question is met with loud cheers. "For those of you who don't, my name is Rylan James....and I'm in love." That's met with a chorus of aw's. "...With a boy." That is met with gasps. "His name is Nolan Burke and we've hit a little bump. Nolan, this is me proving that it's not a joke. I don't let jokes go this far. I want to sing you something but before we get started I want to let the administrators know that the people involved here shouldn't get punished. I accept all the blame. They had nothing to do with it. So Nolan, this is all for you. To prove that I really truly am on love with you."

I find him in the crowd and I hope that expression on his face is a good one. I dip back down into the bus and am met by Jordan. 

"That was awesome, man. Even if we don't sing I think you're back in. You ready?" He congratulates. 

"Yeah, let's do this." I smile, shakily. I grab my beloved Les Paul and lift myself back on top of the bus. Kevin and a guy named Ian follow me with their instruments and we plug in.

Jordan takes his position and starts the song off with the drum beat to A Day To Remember's Have Faith In Me.

I follow with the first guitar chords and take a deep breath. 

Have faith in me
Cause there are things that I've seen
That I don't believe


Ian picks up on guitar and I follow not far behind. Kevin dips in with the bass and it sounds amazing so far. 

So cling to what you know
And never let go
You should know
Things aren't always what they seem


The entire school looks ecstatic. I mean, a concert in the middle of class? Who wouldn't be excited? Even some teachers are into it. 

I said I'd never let you go
And I never did
I said I'd never let you fall
And I always meant it
If you didn't have a chance
Then I never did
You'll always find me right there again


I put as much emotion into the words as I possibly can. My eyes never leaving Nolans. He pushes forward in the crowd getting closer and closer.

I'm going crazy
Cause there are things in the streets
I don't believe
So we'll pretend it's alright
Stay in for the night
Oh, what a world
I'll keep you safe here with me


I allow my eyes to leave my love for a few seconds to re-adjust the strap on my neck and somehow manage to lose him. 

I said I'd never let you go
And I never did
I said I'd never let you fall
And I always meant it
If you didn't have a chance
Then I never did
You'll always find me right there again


I search frantically for Nolan but I can't see him anywhere. He couldn't have left....I would have seen him. Where'd he go?

I said I'd never let you go
And I never did
I said I'd never let you fall
And I always meant it
If you didn't have a chance
Then I never did
You'll always find me right there again


I spin around and scan the crowd on the other side of the bus. I see the familiar mess of black hair and smile wide.

They've got me on the outside looking in
But I can't see at all
With the weight of the world on my shoulders
They just wanna see me fall....
They've got me on the outside looking in
But I can't see at all
With the weight of the world on my shoulders
They just wanna see me fall....


Nolan's face is unreadable and my stomach starts to get butterflies. At least he's listening. I hope he knows what in trying to say. 

I said I'd never let you go
And I never did
I said I'd never let you fall
And I always meant it
If you didn't have a chance
Then I never did
You'll always find me right there again


Jordan picks up the beat and Ian shreds a mini solo. The school treats us with ear splitting screams but I'm focused on one person.

I said I'd never let you go
And I never did
I said I'd never let you fall
And I always meant it
If you didn't have a chance
Then I never did
You'll always find me right there again


The emotions glow out of me until I'm screaming the final lines. My eyes slip shut and I let go.

I said I'd never let you go
And I never did...
I said I'd never let you go
And I never did...
I said I'd never let you go
And I never did!!


The song ends with a clash of instruments that harmonizes perfectly. I start to jump off the bus into the crowd but then I realize that, yet again, Nolan isn't there.

I look around and silently curse myself for losing sigh of him. Where could he have gone? Kevin catches my attention and motions that we have to hurry before we get in even more trouble.

"Guys, thanks for letting me put that out there. You all are awesome...and if you see principal Young try to convince him not to expel me! Bye!" I yell to the crowd and wrap up the mic. Then I jump down into the bus... And cone face to face with the boy who's haunted my every thought and feeling for the past two weeks. 

It's only a matter of time...
♠ ♠ ♠
....so.
What do you think?
Good song choice?
How do you think Nolan will react?
Comment you guys!
We love it :D