Status: Complete 12/14/11

Scream Me a Dream

Chapter 29: Surprise Concert

Ville groaned as he felt something vibrating in his back pocket, opening his eyes slowly he reached around, taking the vibrating phone out, and answering the call.

“Hello?” He answered roughly.

“Are you and Soya together?”

Ville frowned. “What?”

“Are. You. And. Soya. Together?” Mige said slowly.

“I understood what you said Mige; I’m just confused as to where you got the idea.”

Mige laughed. “There are pictures of you on the internet.”

“There are always pictures of me on the internet.” Ville said with a sigh as he unwrapped his arm from Soya’s waist, sitting up on the bed, as Soya rolled over on her side, closer to him. Smiling lightly, he ran his fingers slowly through her hair.

“Yeah, of you.” Mige laughed. “Never of you and Soya.”

Ville frowned in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“Jesus you’re slow today. There are pictures of you and Soya on the internet….together.”

“But we haven’t gone out together much.”

“But you have gone out together.” Mige laughed. “There’s one of her sitting in a shopping basket, and then there are others of you two shopping and having lunch.”

“I didn’t know you spent your free time looking me up on the internet.” Ville laughed.

“I didn’t.” Mige said quickly. “Vedrana did.”

Ville laughed. “That doesn’t sound right either. Vedrana looked me up on the internet?”

Mige sighed. “She was curious.”

“About?” Ville asked with a smirk, having a fairly good idea what Vedrana was curious about.

“They were curious about Soya.”

“They?” Ville laughed, knowing exactly who else was with Vedrana when she looked up the pictures.

“Toni.” Mige sighed.

Vile laughed. “So there are pictures of me and Soya together, huh?”

“You look very close.” Mige told him.

“You know we’ve always been that way.” Ville shrugged. “Nothing’s going on; relay that to the nosey women.” Ville looked over at the clock that was on the nightstand with a frown. “Isn’t two over there?”

“Two thirty in the am.” Mige laughed. “Vedrana and Toni are still looking at the pictures.”

“There can’t be that many.” Ville laughed. “We were out maybe a total of three hours.”

“It looks like you were mobbed at whatever shopping area you guys went to.” Mige laughed. “Because there are pictures of you guys all over that place, and Ville, you know that camera phones are both a blessing and a curse.”

Ville rolled his eyes. “Anything else you would like to ask? Because I have to wake Soya up so we can get ready.”

“Get ready for what?” Mige asked curiously. “Date?”

“No.” Ville laughed. “We’re going to ‘The Note’.” He looked down and found Soya still asleep, her face buried into his leg. “Did you know Soya’s best friends with Rosalind?”

“Really?” Mige asked surprised. “How in the world do they know each other?”

“They used to room together at Juilliard apparently. She’s Impi’s godmother.”

Mige laughed. “Do you even realize…”

“Trust me,” Ville cut off, knowing where Mige was going with the conversation. “Soya and I figured out just how close we were to seeing each other throughout the years.”

“If we made a timeline of the past thirteen years I bet there are about twenty missed chances where we could have crossed paths with her.”

“Thank you for rubbing that in my face, as if I hadn’t already thought of that.”

“I think it’s great.”

“How is it great?”

“Oh come on Valo!” Mige laughed. “A romantic like you…Not thinking of this as fate?”

“Fate, Mige?” Ville asked, looking back down at Soya, when her arm hugged his leg.

“Maybe right now, in this time and place, the stars and planets have aligned.”

Ville laughed. “Aligned to what? That now, thirteen years later, it was the perfect time for us to see each other again? Not any time before that?”

“You know you want to believe it.” Mige laughed. “Think about the past thirteen years of your life Ville.”

Ville did as he was told, though he rolled his eyes. “All right, I’m thinking.”

“Would you have wanted to run into Soya at all throughout those thirteen years?”

Ville frowned, though he didn’t have many regrets, there were moments in his life that he wasn’t proud of, and he was sure Soya wouldn’t have been proud of them either. He was sure that in the past thirteen years, there were moments in Soya’s life that she didn’t want him privy to, that much was obvious with the way she kept silent about her first few years in the states.

“But don’t you think that maybe had we crossed paths earlier, things would be different?”

Mige scoffed. “Of course things would be different! I never said they wouldn’t be. Maybe if we’d seen her when she did her run in Finland you guys would be together right now.”

“But-” Ville tried to interject only for Mige to talk over him.

“Maybe we wouldn’t drink as much as we do because she was around more. If she’d stayed in Finland maybe our influence on her might have rubbed off on her and she wouldn’t be teaching. She wouldn’t be dancing. Maybe she would have decided to go on tour with us, because we all know you were planning on asking her.”

“Well-” Ville tried again.

“We wouldn’t be the people we are today, Ville without those thirteen years, as painful as it is for you to think about. Soya wouldn’t be the Soya you love had she stayed or had we seen her earlier. And who’s to say she would have even ended up with you.”

“Who’s to say she will end up with me?” Ville muttered, causing Mige to laugh.

“Did you hear that Linde?!” Mige yelled away from the phone. “He asked who’s to say Soya’s going to end up with him?”

Ville rolled his eyes when he heard both Mige and Linde start laughing. “Look, yes there’s the part that thinks of all the good that would have happened had we all seen each other again years before now. But then there’s the bad too.” Mige laughed again. “But that still won’t stop you from wishing you’d said ‘yes’ to Rosalind when she tried to set you up on that blind date a few months after we finished Projekt Revolution back in ’07 huh?”

“Shut up.” Ville muttered, remembering his adamant refusal on going out on whatever date Rosalind had had lined up for him.

“I’ll let you go.” Mige told him. “Have fun tonight.”

“We will.”

“And tell Soya we send our love. Vedrana and Toni can’t wait to meet her.”

“I’ll let her know.” Ville told him as they said their goodbyes and hung up the phone. He looked at the time, before slowly shaking Soya awake.

“Hi.” She whispered.

“Hey, how are you feeling?”

“My ankle’s not hurting as much.” She admitted, laying her head on his knee. “What time is it?”

“Quarter to eight.” Ville told her. “Bam wanted to know if you still wanted to go out tonight.”

Soya groaned. “I don’t know.”

“He’d be pretty let down if you didn’t.” Ville told her. “And even though I encourage you to stay in bed and rest your ankle, I think you would enjoy a night out.”

“And you’ll make sure I stay sitting the entire time.” Soya laughed.

“Very true.” Ville nodded. “So?”

“I’ll go take a shower.” Soya sighed sitting up and running a hand through her hair with a wince when she pulled on a few knots.

Ville handed her the crutches that he had propped on the wall after laying her down earlier. “Mige, Linde and their women send their love.”

“Their women?” Soya laughed. “I didn’t take you to be a caveman.” She teased as she grudgingly accepted the crutches from Ville.

“You know what I meant.” Ville told her, helping her regain her balance as she stood up. “Need help getting to the bathroom?”

“I’m sure I can manage.” Soya said with a roll of her eyes as she made her way to the door, grabbing her towel and going to the bathroom that she and Ville shared. She was about to walk into the bathroom, when she heard the door at the end of the hall open, turning she found a woman coming out of Bam’s room.

“You must be Soya.” She said with a large smile as the woman walked over to her, her short brown hair pulled away from her face. “We didn’t get to meet officially when I got in.”

“You’re Missy.” Soya guessed, seeing the wedding rings on her fingers. “Bam’s wife, right?”

“Right.” She laughed. “You were asleep when I got here.”

“Oh” Soya blushed. “I was on your bed. I’m sorry.”

“No, no!” Missy laughed. “It’s totally fine! So you’re coming out tonight?”

“Ville has guilt me into it.” Soya shrugged. “But it’s fine, I’m curious about Bam’s bar.”

“It’s a fun place. Anyway, I’ll let you get ready.” Missy said with a smile. “It’s great meeting you Soya.”

“Same here.” Soya smiled back, before walking into the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, she was blow-drying her hair trying to keep her weight off her ankle, which was still unwrapped from her shower, when the door opened. She looked up and smiled at Ville as he walked in.

“What?” she asked as he stood behind her.

“I need to shower too.” Ville laughed.

Soya turned off the blow dryer and looked at him through the mirror. “You’re telling me that in this large house, this is the only bathroom available for you to use?”

“It’s the only bathroom I want to use.” Ville smirked before stripping off his shirt.

Soya blushed and started gathering her things, making it out the door just as Ville started taking off his pants. “Perse!”(Ass) She said loudly, only to hear Ville chuckle as the water turned on. Going back to the bedroom, she plugged her curling iron into the wall, carefully setting it on the dresser where a small mirror hung.

Letting the iron warm up, she went to the closet where she had hung up the dresses that Josef had packed her and decided on a black and silver short party dress that Josef swore she would need. The bust was black with black and silver flowers making up the single shoulder strap. The black bust faded to silver at the skirt, which fell just a few inches above her knees.

She set the dress on the bed, before rummaging through her jewelry and finding a black and silver cuff bracelet and her old-fashioned garnet ring with the green and rose-colored leaves around the silver band. Slipping the ring on her ring finger, not wanting to lose it on the bed, she sat down next to the dress and wrapped her ankle with the ace bandage, before slipping on her brace.

Carefully walking to the dresser, she tested the warmth of the curling iron, deciding it was hot enough, as she had had it warming in the bathroom before Ville had walked in; she began the task of curling her long hair into varying sizes. She finished quickly, having had enough practice throughout the years of managing her own hair and makeup during her dance recitals.

She moved on to her makeup, keeping with the black and silver theme of her dress; she lined her eyes with black eyeliner, before brushing a light layer of silver on her lids, making her eyes noticeably grey.

Slipping on her dress, she sat on the bed carefully, putting on her silver leather flats, just as Ville came into the room wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and running his towel over his wet hair.

“You look…” Ville stopped as he took her in, causing her cheeks to redden. “Wow.”

Soya gave him a shy grin as she stood, slipping on her bracelet. “Thank you. What time are we supposed to leave?”

Ville looked over at the clock. “Eight thirty, so ten minutes, but we’ll probably leave a good five minutes before the concert starts.” Ville laughed as he grabbed a white dress shirt from the closet and pulled it on.

“Who exactly are we going to go see?” Soya asked, finishing her makeup by putting on a bit of mascara and layer of dark red lipstick on her lips.

Ville smirked as he sat on the bed putting his converse on. “It’s a bit of a surprise, actually.”

Soya frowned, turning to him. “Surprise… for whom?”

“You.” Ville laughed. “But you’ll love it, I swear.”

“I hate surprises.” Soya muttered.

“Seeing us was a surprise.” Ville pointed out, buttoning up his shirt.

“A good one and I knew about it.” Soya said with a roll of her eyes, pushing the curls out of her face, shaking her head and knowing it was going to bother her she rummaged through her jewelry bag.

“Trust me when I say you’ll like this surprise, you trust me don’t you?”

Soya smirked over her shoulder. “I trusted that you wouldn’t undress in front of me, and that went out of the window a half hour ago.” She grabbed a red flower clip out of her bag and limped carefully to the mirror pulling the hair that fell in front of her face back and clipped it in place.

“You’re going to like the band, I promise. Now, ready?” Ville asked, handing her the crutches.

“Do I really have to take them?” Soya asked wrinkling her nose in disgust.

“Soya.” Ville sighed.

“I’m going to be sitting down all night; you’re not going to let me do much else and I’m wearing the brace!” she said lifting her foot up showing him the black brace.

Ville sighed and knew he would regret it, but she was right, he wouldn’t be letting her walk around, as he planned on keeping her seated most of the night. “Fine. Tomorrow you use them.” He said firmly, reminding himself to get the Tylenol that Bam had bought and keep it on hand.

“Then I’m ready.” She said grabbing her silver clutch purse and dropping a few bills, her lipstick and her cell phone inside.

“Perfect.” Ville nodded, looking at the time and finding they were right on time. He grabbed his black coat from the closet and put it on, pulling the sleeves of his long sleeved shirt out so the white cuff showed. He looked up when he saw Soya’s hands start to wave his own hands away.

“Useless.” She muttered as she straightened the cuffs on each of his arms, before fixing his collar. “Better.”

“All I need is a woman’s touch, huh?” he asked, leaning down and kissing her temple.

“You’re just lucky it’s mine.” Soya laughed as she put her hand in his offered one and let him walk her out of the room. “Most women would have just jumped you instead of fixing your shirt.” She stated matter-of-factly as they walked slowly down the stairs.

Ville pouted. “I’m sort of offended you didn’t jump me.”

Soya laughed, surprised when she found the group of guys and Missy waiting for them at the bottom of the stairs, everyone dressed in black, from Missy’s tight black dress to Bam’s black coat with tails and top hat that sat on his head. The only one who wasn’t dressed to the nines was Dunn who was wearing dark jeans and a black shirt that said ‘Listen to CKY’ in white letters.

“I guess I dressed appropriately then.” Soya muttered under her breath, causing Ville to chuckle.

“You look amazing Soya.” Missy said.

“Thank you, so do you.” Soya smiled as she followed Ville and the group out to the cars. They broke into groups, Ville and Soya riding with Missy and Bam in his hummer, while Dico, Dunn, Novak and Raab piled into Dico’s car.

“So how’s your ankle?” Bam asked, once they were on their way into town.

“Better.” Soya admitted. “It’s not hurting much anymore, but I attribute that more towards the pain medication than to anything else.”

“I’m sorry my husband is such a menace.” Missy said turning in her seat to look at Soya.

Soya laughed. “Oh no, please don’t apologize; I’m sure that compared to what he does to other guests, getting water thrown on me is tame.”

“Very.” Missy laughed, though she narrowed her gaze on Bam. “Didn’t I tell you to be nice, before I left?”

“Hey! I called Ed when she got hurt! That was nice of me.”

“Bam was a saint.” Soya laughed, causing Ville to scoff. Soya looked up at him and then rolled her eyes. “Fine, he was a saint compared to what I was expecting of him.”

“What were you expecting?” Missy asked.

Soya shook her head. “Josef made me watch Viva La Bam before I came out here, I only made it through one episode before I refused to watch anymore.”

“You didn’t like it?” Missy asked.

“On the contrary, I loved it.” Soya told her. “I was just afraid that if I watched any more I would back out of coming.”

Bam laughed. “Seriously?”

“You painted your father blue!”

Bam laughed. “Josef only showed you that one because Ville’s in it.”

“For like three seconds.” Soya muttered, causing Ville to laugh and kiss the top of her head as Bam pulled in behind the bar.

“You guys go in,” Bam told them, “I’ll meet you guys in there.”

Ville nodded as he got out of the car; helping Soya out and making sure she wasn’t putting too much weight on her ankle, before closing the door, and helping Missy out as well, causing her to laugh.

“Thanks.” Missy said, as she pulled down her dress and walked into the bar with Ville and Soya. They slid into a booth that had the perfect view of the stage, where a crowd was already forming in front of it.

“They must have quite the following.” Soya said to Ville, causing him to laugh.

“You could say that.” Ville agreed.

“Anything to drink?”

Soya looked up and noticed the waitress smiling at them, Missy ordered a drink, while Ville ordered a soda for himself and looked at Soya before asking the waitress for a bottle of water.

“Thank you.” Soya said, leaning her chin on his arm as she looked at the stage. “So what’s the band’s name?”

Missy laughed but shook her head, having been told by Bam not to tell Soya who they were going to see. “I’m not quite sure.”

Soya frowned over at her.”Really?”

Missy nodded. “Bam told me to get ready for a night out, so I did. I don’t question his motives much anymore.”

Soya looked over at Ville, suspiciously. “What’s the name of the band?”

“Shhh,” Ville said, pointing towards the stage where Bam had walked out, grabbing the microphone form the stand.

“Yo!” Bam said in to the microphone, causing the ever growing group at the stage to scream. “So I’m known for crossing boundaries, lots of them, I could really give a fuck.” He admitted with a smirk. “But a few days ago I may have hurt someone with pushing at her boundaries and for that I want to actually apologize to her. So Soya, I am very sorry for pushing.”

Soya’s eyes widened, as she sat up in her seat, looking at Ville. “What is he doing?”

“Being Bam.” Ville laughed.

“So,” Bam laughed as he looked over at the booth, where Bam knew they were sitting. “So I made some calls to prove to you that I am interested in getting to know you and…” he rolled his eyes. “You know, that I approve and all the shit. Anyway enough talk, now for the group you came here to see and hear. The Fucking 69 Eyes!”

Soya’s eyes got even bigger as she looked at Ville who was grinning at her. “Told you, you would like them.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Soya and Ville’s Outfit

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, as I’ve said before these are some of my favorite chapter that I’ve written. As for the stowaway, all of you that answered definitely had the right answer and you’ll be seeing her in the next chapter.

Can’t wait to see what you guys have to say about this chapter, remember comments make me smile :D

-Kassandra