Status: Complete 12/14/11

Scream Me a Dream

Chapter 54: Hide and Seek

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell me.” Rosalind said, glaring at her on again and off again boyfriend as he lounged on the bed. Jyrki, who was obviously trying to fight his grin, ran his hand through Impi’s hair as she watched her cartoons, paying no attention to them.

“You never let me talk.” Jyrki pointed out. “You rant on and on when we do talk, and when it’s my turn, you hang up.”

“Then maybe you should find something more interesting to talk about and then I would listen.” Rosalind muttered, still sending glares his way.

“If you listened in the first place you would have known about Soya.” Jyrki smirked, only to laugh when her glare narrowed more. “You can’t stay mad at me Lyn, you love me too damn much to stay mad at me.”

“True, just know you won’t be welcome in my bed tonight.”

Jyrki rolled his eyes. “I already figured that one out for myself.”

Rosalind grinned at him before moving off her chair and onto the bed, straddling his lap, causing Impi to glare at both of them. Impi moved from her spot on Jyrki’s leg to the end of the bed near his feet, laying on her stomach and kicking her own feet up as her eyes refocused on the cartoon.

Te quiero mucho Jyrki.” Rosalind giggled, leaning down to kiss him.

Jyrki rolled his eyes. “Yeah, your daughter tells me that everyday too; usually when she wants something.”

Rosalind leaned back and laughed at him. “Are you saying I want something?”

“Usually you do.” Jyrki laughed back, just as the bathroom door opened, causing them to turn and look over at Soya as she exited the bathroom towel drying her hair.

Rosalind gave a catcall as she saw Soya’s attire, crawling off Jyrki to copy Impi’s position on the bed, watching in amusement as Soya blushed. “Soya, monada (beautiful) that is probably the most skin I’ve ever seen you show.”

Soya looked down and winced. “Does it look all right?”

“Jykri! Dile!” Rosalind said motioning for Jyrki to speak. (Tell her!)

Jyrki rolled his eyes at his girlfriend before looking at Soya, “You look wonderful Soya, Ville will fall to his knees.”

Soya rolled her eyes, as she looked in the mirror of the nightstand to take in her attire. She’d worn a pair of black skinny jeans with a purple knit top that cinched at her waist, forgoing an undershirt seeing as the holes in the top weren’t large enough to show too much of her skin, but enough to leave a person guessing, as well as letting them see the purple and black bra she had underneath along with bits of her tattoo. She’d worn her purple converse along with her amethyst necklace and the matching ring on her ring finger.

“I can do your hair.” Rosalind volunteered, as she twisted her gold banded ring around her finger. Soya glanced at the ring and knew that it was one Rosalind never took off as Jyrki had given it to her on their first Christmas together.

It was a gold plated ring with two small skulls at the base; nestled between them was a white pearl. Soya knew there was significance to the ring, a private one between Rosalind and Jyrki but every time Soya tried to pry, Rosalind shrugged it off and said that she just liked it too much to ever take it off.

Shaking her head, she ran a hand through her hair. “No, I think I’ll leave it down, I’m putting on my beanie anyway.”

“All right then. Imps! Your turn.” Rosalind said, jumping out of bed and picking up her daughter’s hands, dragging her from the bed.

Pero mami!!” Impi whined as Rosalind dragged her into the bathroom. (But Mommy!)

Sin berrinches! Anda!” Rosalind ordered, picking Impi up and throwing the fussy girl over her shoulder before closing the door to the bathroom. (No tantrums! Come on!)

Soya eyed the door amused, before looking at Jyrki who was shaking his head, as he grabbed the remote and changed the channel. “Shouldn’t you be in there helping?” Soya asked teasingly.

Jyrki smirked, “I’ve done that for the past three months, Rosalind misses it; I’ll let her deal with it this time around.”

“That and water shrinks leather.” Soya laughed, noticing the leather pants Jyrki had on.

Jyrki grinned. “That’s a good one; I’ll have to remember to use it.”

Soya smiled at him as she rummaged through her suitcase, finding her black knit beanie and her hair dryer, before going back to the nightstand and plugging it in. “Will this bother you?” She asked Jyrki as he continued to flip through the channels.

“No, go ahead.” He said, looking over at Soya as she parted her hair and started to dry it. Jyrki shook his head, turning back to the TV. Ten minutes later, just as Soya was turning off the hair dryer, the bathroom door opened, Impi stomping out, wrapped in a towel.

“Go, pick out your clothes.” Rosalind ordered, drying her hands before glaring at Jyrki. “You could have helped.”

“Water shrinks leather pants, sydämeni.” Jyrki said with a smirk.(My heart)

“Bullshit and you know it.” Rosalind said, causing Soya to snort and turn to Jyrki.

“Nice try.” She laughed.

“It was worth it. I’ll go get Impi changed.” Jyrki said, getting out of bed and kissing Rosalind lightly. “Have I told you how beautiful you look today?”

“Go Jyrki,” Rosalind laughed, pushing him away. “Help Impi get ready so we can go.”

Jyrki nodded going towards Impi who was still wrapped in her towel, glaring at her suitcase.

“Impi’s in a mood.” Rosalind sighed looking over at Soya who was adjusting the beanie on her head, before turning around. “It’s going to be a long day.”

Soya laughed. “It probably will be. I think Impi’s just ready to go home though.”

“There is that too.” Rosalind agreed. “Excited?”

Soya nodded, biting her lip. “Very.”

Rosalind gave a wistful sigh. “I remember my first festival.”

Jyrki snorted as he placed Impi on the bed so she was standing, as he helped her into a black shirt that read ‘My Daddy Rocks’ and her red and black leggings. “I don’t think Soya’s excited because this is her first festival.”

Rosalind rolled her eyes. “Well, I know that.” She said, looking over her shoulder only to gape at her daughter as she pulled up the burgundy tutu. “You picked that for her!” She accused Jyrki.

“I promise you I did not; she chose it all by herself.” Jyrki smirked only to frown at Impi when she reached for his hand and started slipping off one of his rings.

“Can I wear it today?” She asked, pouting at him.

Jyrki chuckled and nodded, slipping the skull ring all the way off his finger and going to the nightstand to grab the chain he and Rosalind usually slipped rings on for Impi, since her fingers were too small to actually wear them.

“Are we ready?” Jyrki asked, ruffling Impi’s hair, causing her to scrunch her nose at him.

“I think we are.” Rosalind grinned, before rummaging through her oversized purse that she’d decided to leave in the room and pulling out her pass, putting it around her neck. Jyrki snapped his fingers, looking at Soya before grabbing her pass off the nightstand.

“Linde dropped this off for you while you were showering; he said to tell you he would refund the money you spent on the tickets.” Jyrki smirked. “Why would you pay for a ticket?”

Soya rolled her eyes, hanging the pass around her neck. “I wasn’t going to ask them for tickets.”

Jyrki laughed as he picked Impi up, putting her on the floor as she slipped on her black converse high tops, holding her foot out for Rosalind to tie them. “You could have asked, Soya; especially since you’re here with the band. It’s not like you’re mooching, you know, like this one.” He said gesturing to Rosalind.

Rosalind looked up and glared at Jyrki. “I’ll have you know I didn’t have to ask for this pass, Marcos sent it to me knowing I would head this way to come get my daughter.”

Jyrki rolled his eyes as he went to open the door, allowing Soya, Rosalind and Impi out before he followed. “All I’m trying to say is that Soya shouldn’t have paid for her tickets, when she knew she would end up spending her time with the bands anyway. She should have told Linde and he would have sent them to her.”

Rosalind laughed as she hooked her arm with Soya’s “But Soya doesn’t work like that, do you monada?”

Soya shook her head. “I really don’t. I’d prefer it if my friends just got annoyed with my independence, rather than ask for a favor.”

Jyrki looked at Soya in surprise, only to laugh. “Rosalind brings out the worse of you, I rather liked you shy.”

Rosalind grinned as the elevators door opened, leaning up and kissing him. “Go get the rest of the boys; we’ll see you before your show.”

Jyrki nodded, kissing her back, before leaning down and kissing Impi on the lips, causing the little girl to giggle and turn away. “Good luck?” he asked with a teasing grin.

Impi laughed and hugged his neck, kissing his cheeks, before giving him a large kiss on the lips. “Ah! Perfect.” He fingered the ring that lay on her chest. “Take care of it.”

“I will.” She said nodding.

“I’ll see you girls later, have fun out there.” Jyrki said, letting the doors close in front of him, just as the door of one of the rooms opened, Ville sticking his head out.

“Hey!” Jyrki grinned.

“Hey, is Rosalind on her way to the fair grounds?” Ville asked having heard Rosalind’s voice.

Jyrki nodded, thinking about the close call. “You should have seen Impi; she’s dressed like a little rocker, Rosalind’s pissed.”

Ville smirked, leaning against the door jamb. “Impi will be wearing her ‘girl’ clothes the minute she hits Spain, she might as well dress as she wants now. Are you heading down?”

Jyrki nodded. “I was just going to get Jussi.”

“I’ll come with you, everyone else is downstairs.”

Jyrki nodded agreeing, letting the girls have time to leave the hotel, before he let Ville out of his sight. “Perfect.” Jyrki said as they went down the hall towards Jussi’s room. If Ville ended up seeing Soya on his watch, Rosalind would be even more pissed with him and he really couldn’t let that happen.

XxxxxxX

“Impi! No corras!”(Don’t run!) Rosalind sighed, waving her hand dismissively, as they walked through the buses looking for ‘The 69 Eyes’ bus. She had Impi within her sight and everyone that was performing that day knew of Impi and cared for her as if she were their own.

“So, I’m thinking of getting another tattoo.” Rosalind said, twirling her ring around her finger.

Soya laughed. “You’re thinking about it this time? You didn’t loose a bet?”

Rosalind grinned, sticking out her tongue as she thought about the Ankh she had on her hip and the J69 she had on her inner thigh. “So, I made some stupid bets.”

“Rosalind! You knew better than to bet with Jykri and Jussi!”

Rosalind laughed as she thought of her bet with the boys. “Who knew that Jyrki would actually propose?”

Soya looked at Rosalind in disbelief, before shaking her head. “I’m not even going to respond to that.”

“Wonderful, just leave me to do the talking. So I was thinking of getting a new tattoo, but I wanted you to get it with me.”

Soya laughed. “Is this like one of those ‘BFF Forever’ type of tattoos where I get one half of a heart on one side of my hip and you on the other, and when you put them together it makes one complete heart? Because, if so, I’ve already promised to get that one done with Josef.”

“Bitch.” Rosalind laughed, hugging Soya to her, while keeping her eye on Impi as she twirled around the grass, hugging the crew members and band members she remembered. “No, come on it’ll be fun; like when you got yours done, remember?”

Soya rolled her eyes. “Yes, I remember when I got it done. What are you thinking of getting though?”

“I’m not sure yet.” Rosalind admitted, causing Soya to laugh. “Please, it’ll be fun!”

Soya rolled her eyes. “I can’t get another tattoo; do you know how hard it is to hide this one?”

Rosalind rolled her eyes. “I still don’t know why you bother hiding it.” She looked at Soya who was rolling her eyes, pulled the door to the bus open and let Soya in, before putting her fingers to her mouth and whistling. Impi turned and ran towards the bus, jumping onto the first step, Rosalind scooping her up and closing the door behind her, setting Impi down and sitting on the couch next to Soya as Impi went and sat at the table with her coloring books.

“I lost another bet; I ended up with another tattoo.” Rosalind laughed; causing Soya to look at her is disbelief.

“You are a horrible psychic.” Soya teased.

“It’s feelings!” Rosalind defended. “I don’t get premonitions, and you know it doesn’t work on me, but others!”

“So who did you bet with?”

Rosalind smirked at her. “Your boyfriend, he made me get a Heartagram, it’s on my shoulder.”

Soya gaped. “You bet with Ville?”

“Ah!” Rosalind squealed, “So you admit it, you are dating Ville!”

“I never said that!” Soya said quickly. “Everyone’s been calling him that, its just easier not bothering to fight it!”

“Everyone?! Why wouldn’t you tell me about this development! You do know that I’ve been trying to set you both up for years?!”

Soya frowned. “Have you not checked you e-mail in the last three months?”

Rosalind shrugged averting her eyes. “I don’t know.”

Soya rolled her eyes. “I sent you an e-mail back in May, Rose! Telling you about meeting Ville!”

“I didn’t get it!” Rosalind argued.

“Liar!” Soya laughed. “It’s all there so don’t get mad at me, when you’re the one not checking your mail.”

“You should have just called; I hate computers.” Rosalind muttered, standing up when a knock came at the door.

Soya rolled her eyes. “Knowing you have friends who are also on the road, you should probably learn to check your e-mail more often.”

“Ugh.” Rosalind groaned. “You and Jyrki sound the same.” She muttered hopping down the steps of the bus as Soya laughed, before she went to join an oddly quiet Impi at the table. Rosalind pushed the door open, only to squeak in surprise at the people waiting on the other side. She jumped off the bus quickly, closing the door.

“Hey!” she said a bit too brightly.

“Hey.” Ville said slowly, looking at her with a raised eyebrow, while Mige looked at both of them amused.

“What are you doing here?”

“Jyrki wanted me to let you know that their sound check is in about twenty minutes if you want to take Impi, the guys know how much she likes testing everything out.” Ville smirked. “Can I see her? Jyrki was telling me she’s dressed in a tutu today.”

“No!” Rosalind said quickly, pressing her back against the door. “No! You can’t see her.”

“Why can’t we see her Rosalind?” Mige asked amusement lacing his voice, Rosalind glared at him.

“Because she’s taking a nap, and I don’t want you waking her.”

“If I wake her I’ll just put her back down, come on Rosalind.” Ville said, wanting to see his goddaughter.

Soya watched as Impi went over to the window on the other side of the bus and looked out. “Who’s out there Imps?” Soya asked, amused when the back of Impi’s tutu flipped up as she peered closer out the window.

“Setä Ville and Setä Mige.” (uncle) Impi said in Finnish with a smile.

“Ville?” Soya asked, moving off the table and looking out the window. Sure enough she saw Ville talking to Rosalind, with Mige behind him smirking. Rushing towards the front of the bus, she started to push the bus door open, only for it to get pushed back violently. Soya stared at the door in disbelief, deciding to give it another shot; she pushed the door, only for it once again to be pushed back. Soya looked up when she saw Impi laughing.

“What’s so funny Impi?” Soya asked the little girl who was still staring out the window.

Impi giggled. “Mami’s playing with the door.”

Soya gaped, before sitting on the bus steps glaring. “Dammit Rosalind.”

“See!” Rosalind said pushing the door closed for the second time. “You’ve woken her up!”

“Well then, it won’t be a problem if I see her.” Ville pointed it, starting towards the door.

“Ville, don’t you have something else to do?” Rosalind asked.

Ville blinked. “Is that your way of telling me to leave?”

“In the nicest way possible, yes. I’ve been working on the whole ‘thinking before I speak’ thing, you and the guys keep suggesting.”

“I would work a bit harder at it.” Ville laughed. “Fine, I’ll leave, but you’re acting a bit odder than normal.”

“Oh, trust me, I know.” Rosalind nodded. “Tell Jyrki I’ll be there in a few!” She said, with a grin, causing him to shake his head as he walked away, Mige started to follow, only for Rosalind to grab his arm. “You. Stay.”

“I have a sound check too.” Mige pointed out.

“Yeah, your tech can fill in for you.” Rosalind growled making sure Ville was out of sight, before she pulled open the bus door only to be greeted by Soya’s glare.

“You have some explaining to do Lucy.” Soya said, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Oh, Soya’s pissed. I haven’t seen this in a while.” Mige laughed.

“Would you like to explain to me why I wasn’t able to push the door open in order to see Ville?”

“It got stuck?” Rosalind hedged.

“Fine, my fault, I’ll rephrase the question.” Soya said still glaring. “Would you like to tell me why you kept pushing the door closed every time I tried to push it open?”

“I kept falling into the door?” Rosalind grinned.

“Rosalind!” Soya warned.

“I just don’t think it’s fair that everyone but me knew that you and Ville saw each other and started this…relationship or whatever it is, without me. I was supposed to be the cause of you two getting together!” Rosalind whined.

“That is incredibly selfish Rose!” Soya said, though she couldn’t help the small quirk of her lips. “So you’re keeping us away from each other just because you want to be the reason we meet?”

“Yes.” Rosalind hedged, causing Soya to sigh.

“Does Ville even know I’m here?” Soya asked looking at Mige.

“You told us not to tell him!” Mige argued.

“Well tell him now.” Soya nodded.

“Ah, see that’s where the problem comes in, Rosalind has told us not to, and we’re a bit more afraid of her than we are of you.” Mige admitted.

“Rosalind!” Soya whined.

“Hey, you’re not the only two being punished here!” Rosalind told Soya quickly. “I’ve taken Linde’s phone away so he can’t talk to Olivia, I’ve made sure no alcohol is being served to Mige.”

“She really is.” Mige piped up.

“And Jyrki isn’t getting any sex.” Rosalind grinned. “So it’s lose-lose for everyone, think about it as a more fun version of ‘Hide and Seek’.”

Soya looked at her best friend in disbelief. “It can’t be considered ‘Hide and Seek’ when the players don’t know they’re playing Rose!”

“Well now you know! So it’s half a game!” Rosalind grinned.

“Rosalind!”

“Oh! Soya, don’t ruin my fun!”

Soya sighed, before giving Rosalind a frown. “But what about Jussi? He knew about me and Ville as well, and I’m pretty sure he knew I was coming to Finland too.”

“Oh don’t worry I’ve got something planned for him too.” Rosalind smirked. “Which I have to go do before their sound check starts. Mind watching Impi for me?”

“All right.” Soya said slowly.

“You watch Soya,” Rosalind ordered Mige as she brushed past him and started walking away. “I’ll be back before you have your sound check, promise.”

Mige and Soya watched as Rosalind started towards the stages, before looking at each other. “I feel sorry for Jussi now.” Soya said, causing Mige to laugh as he started on the bus.

“I’m sure he can hold his own.”

XxxxxxX

“Where’s Impi?” Jyrki asked kissing Rosalind lightly from her spot in front of the stage, as the rest of the band hopped onto the stage, getting in their positions and making sure everything was plugged in and working before their set.

“On the bus, she’s a bit moody.” Rosalind admitted.

Jyrki nodded having seen the change in Impi recently, usually she was a bit more hyped up and ready to go to the venue. For the past few weeks, she’d been whiny and hard to handle preferring to stay on the bus than to go inside with everyone else. Mostly because the little girl was used to traveling only three months at a time and not the six that she’d just gone through.

“She’s ready to go home.” Jyrki stated.

Rosalind nodded. “Yes, she is.”

“So…” Jyrki said slowly. “You’re not coming with us to Germany?”

“I don’t think so cariño.” Rosalind said regrettably, “I wish I could and I know it’s your last show for a few days, but…” she shook her head.

“I understand, sydämeni, it’s nothing to apologize for, you know that.”

Rosalind nodded. “When do you have a break Jyrki?”

Jyrki shrugged as the sound of Baize’s guitar rung out. “About a month before we go to Mexico in September.”

Mitä tarkoitat minulla ei ole mitään rumpukapulat?!(What do you mean I don’t have any drumsticks?!)

Jyrki turned towards the stage where Jussi was staring at the drum tech in disbelief, only to turn back when Rosalind patted his arm.

“We’ll continue this later? I have a feeling it’s going to be a while for Jussi to find his drumsticks.” Rosalind asked.

“Yeah.” Jyrki nodded and started for the stage, only to freeze and turn back to a grinning Rosalind. “You understood Jussi?”

“For the most part.” Rosalind said innocently.

“Lyn, you barley understand me when I talk Finnish slowly and we’ve known each other nearly ten years.” He looked back at Jussi who was talking to the drum tech, obviously pissed about not having his sticks, before turning back to his girlfriend. “What did you do?”

“Nothing.”

Jyrki sighed. “Look, I know you’re pissed about us not having tried harder to tell you about your best friend and our best friend, but Rosalind if you have Jussi’s drumsticks, for the love of god, give them back.”

“I can’t give back what I don’t have.” Rosalind sung, only to capture the attention of the rest of the band, including Jussi who glared at her.

“You!” Jussi said, jumping off the stage. “Give them back!”

Timo-Timo smirked over at Archzie. “How much do you want to bet that one of them gets bitten?”

“Fifty on both of them.” Baize snorted.

“No betting!” Jyrki called with his own glare, just as Jussi passed him and hauled Rosalind over his shoulder.

“Give them back woman!” Jussi said shaking her.

“I don’t have them!”

“Bullshit!” Jussi growled giving her another shake, causing her to grab on to the belt loops of his leathers to avoid being dumped headfirst onto the ground. “Give them up, I will search you Lyn! Don’t think I won’t!”

“I’ve got fifty on Rosalind.” Archzie laughed as he watched Rosalind tug up on Jussi’s pants. “She can be feisty when she’s pissed.”

“No betting!” Jyrki reminded. “Jussi, let her go!”

“Not until she gives me my sticks!” Jussi argued, once again shaking her. “Where are they?!”

“I’m not telling you!” Rosalind yelled. “So you better start finding some good wood on the ground to start whittling into drumsticks!”

“Fuck Rosalind, just give them up!” Jussi ordered. “Or I’ll bite you!”

“I’d like to see you actually do it!” Rosalind egged on, only to yelp when Jussi latched on to the fleshy part of skin just above her hip. “Hijo de puta!!”(Son of a bitch!) she cursed in Spanish, before leaning down and biting his own hip, causing Jussi to jump, but bite down harder

“Oh for fucks sake!” Jyrki said staring at them both in disbelief. “Let go of each other!” When both refused, he looked over at his other laughing friends who were watching the two amused as Jussi and Rosalind continued to bite down on each other. “A little help?”

“They’re your children.” Timo-Timo said with a smirk, holding his hands up in defense. “That is all you.”

Jyrki sighed staring at them, before shaking his head not able to believe that this was how he was spending his afternoon, before pinching Jussi’s nose with one hand and Rosalind’s with another. “Listen up,” he ordered, causing them both to look at him over their biting. “I’m currently cutting off any and all air supply that you need to live, so if you want to breathe, let go of each other now!” he ordered.

Jussi hesitated, but quickly found the need to breath, causing him to let go of Rosalind and roll her off his shoulder at the same time she unlatched herself. She gave a high pitched squeal as she found herself tumbling onto the ground, only for Jyrki to catch her quickly and right her.

“Rosalind,” Jyrki said patiently. “Do you have anything to give to Jussi?”

“Fuck no.” Rosalind shrugged, looking down at her hip where angry red bite marks were glowing.

“Jussi? You have anything to say to Rosalind?” Jyrki asked

“Give me my fucking sticks!” Jussi growled, rubbing the spot on his hip where Rosalind had been latched on.

Jyrki sighed. “And we are getting nowhere.”

“Lyn, just give Jussi the sticks.” Baize said. “Then after our set, you can do whatever the fuck you want to him.”

Rosalind shrugged. “Promise?”

“Absolutely.” Timo-Timo nodded.

“Fine,” she hesitated slightly, before pushing the ‘Sonisphere’ banner that was bordering the stage, up and grabbing the bag she’d hid there, before stuffing it in Jussi’s arms.

“Thank you.” Jussi muttered.

Rosalind rolled her eyes. “Bastard.”

“Hag.” Jussi had with a grin. “Good playing with you Rosalind.”

Rosalind flipped him off, before kissing Jyrki lightly. “I’m going back to the bus; I’ll be back for the show.”

“I’ll have the ear plugs ready for Impi.” Jyrki assured as Rosalind flounced off, sending Jussi a glare.

Jyrki turned to Jussi who was looking through the bag. “Did you really have to bite her?”

Jussi growled as he tossed the bag on the floor. “I should have bit her harder! These aren’t my sticks!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits for Soya, Rosalind and Impi
Impi
Rosalind

Thank you all for not killing me over the last chapter, it's greatly appreciated XD, so....i made a big decision this weekend, this chapter was suppose to be up on Wednesday, but...I've decided to up the posting to three times a week for two reasons: first is that I'm pretty far ahead and have a very perfect image of what's happening in all the chapters and two I LOVE reading your comments on Mondays :P So posting will now be Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays lol.

So very glad you all enjoyed the last chapter, and as predicted, by both me and my beta, Rosalind got mixed reactions, so I can't wait to see what you thought of her this chapter lol

As always the preview for next chapter is picked, and Jonne Aaron makes a guest appearance in the next chapter something to look forward to lol, so leave your comments and I'll be sure to send the preview out!

Next chapter up Wednesday! Can't wait to see what you all thought!!

-Kassandra