Sequel: Into Thin Air
Status: Finished! Minimal editing going on, but check out the sequel!

I'm a Stripper At An All Boys Boarding School? How Do I Keep This A Secret?

Chapter 43: He would find out somewhere else

I woke up to the light shining through the curtains. I rolled over, but remembering I had to go to work early (plus I probably wouldn't get back to sleep again), I opened my eyes. Rayden was doing something over by his dresser. I realized we had both fell asleep in my bed.

"Hey." He said when he saw me up. I stood up and he came over and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss.

"Good morning." He moved a piece of hair behind my ear that had escaped from my bun.

"What time is it?" I asked, turning around in his arms to see the clock.

"About ten thirty. What time are you leaving to go somewhere that's not here?" I smiled.

"One. And you?"

"Not sure, much later. Probably like . . . .Five?"

"What are you guys doing again?" He hesitated before answering.

". . . Meeting a friend."

". . .Alright." Rayden let go of me then and went back to his desk, his eyes darting frantically left right and down. "You know you can tell me." I started to fix the sheets on my bed.

"Tell you what?"

"Whatever it is your not telling me."

"Who said I'm not telling you something?"

"I can tell when your lying, Rayden." I said, abandoning the sheets and turning around to face him.

"Your right. I just. . . don't really consider this guy a friend. He's sort of a jerk. A really big one. I kinda hate him, actually. It's going to be kinda awkward tonight."

Much better then I thought. I think I'm getting girlfriend paranoia.

I walked up to Rayden and hugged him. "Well I'll be here when you get back." He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head on my shoulder.

"That's the only reason I'm still going."

Rayden's POV:

"What are you guys doing again?" Darcy asked, and I paused, attempting to continue playing casual.

"Meeting a friend." I peeked over my shoulder to see her stiff frame leaning over her bed, adjusting the sheets a little. I could tell she wanted to know more.

"You know you can tell me." I tried to play stupid.

"Tell you what?"

"Whatever it is your not telling me." So she saw through my stupid act. I shouldn't have been so surprised, I could read Darcy, so I should have assumed she could read me. I could always tell when she was lying by the wrinkle above her eye and he way she looks down. I could see when she needed help convincing Griffin of those lies, and I could see the relief breath she took every time he was convinced, and I knew the smile right afterword would make me smile too. And I could tell that no matter how many times I backed her up, she would never trust me quite enough to tell me what she was hiding. She might never trust me to begin with, so lying certainly wouldn't help.

"Who said I'm not telling you something?"

"I know you a little bit better then that." I could feel her eyes staring into the back of my head, and I turned around.

"Your right. I just. . . don't really consider this guy a friend." To say the least. "He's sort of a jerk." God I'm gonna kill him. "A really big one. I kinda hate him, actually." How am I supposed to go a whole night without punching his face in? "It's going to be kinda awkward tonight."

She wrapped her arms around me in a hug, and I pulled her close to me.

"Well I'll be here when you get back."

I'm going to kill that kid for ever thinking of hurting her.

"That's the only reason I'm going."

Darcy's POV:

I got ready fairly quickly, shoving the few things I needed from home into my bag when Rayden left the room. I got dressed in jeans and an over sized sweater with boots and put my hair up again in a bun, applying only necessary makeup, knowing I would be doing it again later. I met the guys in the kitchen for breakfast, helped myself to half of a bagel and made small talk with the guys. After breakfast, I double checked my bag, making sure I had makeup, my costume, my wig. I had forgotten shoes, so I shoveled through the pile at the bottom of my closet looking for something brightly colored to wear. I found a pair of yellow pumps and threw them into the bag, revealing the pink shoes I had worn over the break with Rayden.

I picked them up and ran my fingers over them, remembering how good it felt to let go with Rayden. Would I ever get to do that again? With school starting I would have more work to do, and the stress of being the only girl in the whole school. Plus I had work now. Maybe I wasn't meant to be in relationships like normal people, or have a social life. It was as if I had temporarily forgotten I had bills to pay for a whole house. Speaking of which, I would have to visit dad . . .

I was quickly interrupted by Aaron talking to me from the other room, telling me I should probably get going soon. I jumped at the noise, throwing the pink shoes into my bag along with the yellow ones, before quickly closing the closet and meeting Aaron in the hallway. I told him he was right, and headed outside to meet Kristina, who was probably very close.

"Hey girl." She said as I got into the car.

"Hey Kristy." I said, but my voice came out mumbling and sad.

"Trouble in paradise?" she asked, pulling out.

"How is this going to work?" I asked, turning to face her. She raised her eyebrows and blew he cheeks out.

"Well, I'm going you to the club, where we will dress In skanky outfits for men going through divorce and midlife crisis, and then I'll drive you home!" she said cheerily, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I meant with Rayden. He's so honest with me, Kriss, I don't know what to do! He's perfect, hard on the outside but soft on the inside . . ."

"Darcy you sound like your dating a muffin."

"Seriously Kriss." but I was laughing again. "At what point am I supposed to tell the gorgeous, sensitive, rich and loving guy that's waiting at home for me that I'm secretly a stripper? I'm like living a double life here!"

"Darcy. I love you. But you sound like a crazy right now. Your flipping. Take a deep breath, and focus on work. He's not proposing, and he hasn't even officially asked you out yet! Right now, your perfectly able to leave out details of your life. Ben had eleven toes, Darcy. And he told me the day after he proposed." She pulled into Fuego's parking lot and I turned to smile at her. "What?"

"I think that's the first time you've mentioned him." since his death.

Kristina smiled. "Yeah, well he would have wanted me to be happy. And I am." she turned the car off before turned back to me. "And soon you will be too! But until then, get your ass into that tiny costume and forget about your love life. You need to go out there and wow those pervs. Your great at what you do, I'll give you that, kid."

I smiled and got out of the car with her, heading to out dressing room. She was right, I needed to stop stressing and get in the zone. I had a job to focus on, and that came first.

I'm gonna tell everyone about you!

But Jesse's words stuck in my head, and I couldn't stop thinking that if I didn't tell him, he would find out from somewhere else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. So I'm a meany.

Kinda filler-y, but I reread this whole story and I wanna keep writing it now.

Other stories: (Please check this one out especially, considering it has three subscribers and Its looking pretty good:

http://stories.mibba.com/read/352257/Summers-Song/

And the other one:

http://stories.mibba.com/read/271908/Waking-Up-After-Rain/

Comment please? yyeah yeah, I know i dont deserve it. But im trying.

<3