Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 31

“DARE!” Liza shouted.

“Kiss Zack,” Zander laughed. “French kiss,” he added.

I probably should’ve laughed seeing as I knew she’d kiss me even though she knows I’m gay, but the way he laughed; the way he smiled. It made me feel so happy and great on the inside. He was starting to come out of his shell now and it’s amazing seeing him like this; looking comfortable.

“Fine,” Liza smiled as she came closer to me.

“Do we have to?” I asked.

“If she doesn’t she has a forfeit.”

“I'm not doing one of your forfeits,” she giggled.

Liza brushed her lips against mine, licking my bottom lip asking for entry, which I granted her. This was really weird. I had a girl’s tongue inside of me, moving softly around in motion with mine. I have no idea why I kissed back; it just felt like the best thing to do in this situation; it’s less awkward that way.

Her hand cupped my face, knocking me back into the real world. I’m with Cole! She’s done her dare now make her stop. I pushed her off me and smiled to let her know I wouldn't hold it against her.

“Steamy,” Zander laughed.

“Sorry,” she panted. “I couldn’t help it.”

I shook my head at her, still smiling though.

“It’s alright. You’re a better kisser than I thought,” we all laughed at that.

“Same goes to you.”

“Ha!” I smiled. “Is it me again now?” I asked.

“Yuppe,” Zander smiled making my stomach fill with butterflies.

“Truth or dare Zack?” Liza asked me.

“Dare,” I smiled.

“You have to kiss Zan!” she shouted.

“What?” Zander hissed. “No!”

“Oh go on!” she teased. “Zan I know you like him from the way you look at him so you might as well kiss.”

I blushed at the thought of Zander liking me; it was weird because part of me liked him too. Not in the way that I like Cole but... well I don’t really know to be honest. It’s confusing.

“I won’t do it if you don’t want me to,” I told Zander when I noticed how nervous he looked.

I had a feeling that his reaction might have been to do with things that have happened to him in the past.

“Thanks,” he mumbled.

“So, what’s the forfeit then?” I asked.

They looked at each other and tried to think of something.

“DINNER’S READY!” Their mum shouted.

Saved by the bell! Aren’t I lucky?

“What a pity,” I mumbled as we walked inside and sat down at the table.

I was enjoying it here way more than I thought I would. I just feel so welcome.

“So, how was school Zack?” Liza’s mum asked me.

“Could’ve been better,” I sighed.

“What about you two?”

“Awful,” Liza huffed. “The only person who spoke to me was these two,” she said, gesturing to Zan and me.

“I'm the new boy, so I basically had the worse day possible,” he grunted.

“Hey, how about you two hang around with me tomorrow? That’ll boost your status a little,” I offered.

“No offense but you’re not Mr. Popular anymore Zack,” Liza mumbled.

“What?”

“Everyone’s been planning to bring you down after what happened in maths. Even Kyle,” she explained.

“Oh,” was all I could say to that.

Kyle wanted to steal my spot. I know we’re not talking at the minute but that’s his fault, not mine. He shouldn’t have slept with his best mate’s girl if he wasn't willing to face the consequences.

“You don’t need popularity,” Zander said sportively. “I mean, I'm at the bottom of the food chain and even though I'm one of the guys that you lot like to beat on, I wouldn't change it. It’s not that bad really.”

I wouldn’t be able to handle beatings. I'm too weak after all I've been through in the past few months. When I get into fights I usually have a gang there to back me up so I'm never the one at a disadvantage. People in Zander’s shoes are always alone. He never has someone there to help. But next time he will. I’m going to help him and Liza whenever they need me to. They’re great and shouldn’t be treated the way they are.

“Thanks Zan,” I mumbled.

***

After tea the three of us went upstairs to Zander’s room. He’d only just moved in so it was pretty plain at the moment except for the boxes of clothes and things that he hadn’t unpacked yet that were covering the floor.

“You really need to sort this room out Zander,” Liza said as she tripped over a cardboard box. “OW!”

I held out my hand and lifted her back up to her feet.

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re quite clumsy?” I laughed.

“Shut up!” she grunted, playfully hitting my arm. “Where’s Zack meant to sleep Zan? There’s clearly no space on the floor.”

He shrugged his shoulders and then sat down on his bed, looking at a picture of a young boy that he had framed on the windowsill.

“Who’s that?” I asked him, taking a seat on the bed.

“My brother,” he mumbled.

“He seems nice,” I smiled.

“Yeah, he was,” Zander sighed turning to face me. “Do you have any brothers or sisters?”

“Not yet; my mum’s pregnant,” I sighed remembering that they said they were going to change for the sake of the baby. Liars; filthy stinking liars; that’s what they are.

“That’s nice,” he whispered.

“Not really,” I said then changed the subject back to his brother. “So where is he now?” I asked.

“Dead,” he mumbled tilting his face away from me.

“It’s not something we like talking about,” Liza told me. “His dad killed him,” she explained.

My mouth dropped open. What?

“That’s-”

Liza shook her head at me to let me know it’s best to just stay quiet at the moment. She then gestured towards the door and stood up with me following her out.

“I didn’t know,” I sighed. “Is Zan alright?”

“He will be, he just needs a bit of time you know.”

I nodded at her. If that happened to my little brother or sister I’d be so angry. That’s one of the reasons why I don’t want them to have another kid. Babies can’t take punched the way I can.

“His dad could have killed any of them; they were both there but for some reason he only shot Cade and he made Zan watch it all happen. It’s not something that you recover from quickly.”

“I can imagine,” I sighed. “Poor Zan. How could someone do that?”

“No idea,” Liza shrugged. “It’s getting late now so I'm going to go get ready for bed. You might want to leave Zan alone for a bit though but he’ll calm down soon. Don't worry.”

I nodded weakly at her. I hate seeing people crying; it makes me feel so awful and I never know what to say to them. I try to help and I say the wrong thing. I try to be funny and I end up mocking the situation. I can’t win!
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter :D
(I haven't got much to say this time) oh well

Thanks to
Heaven Help Us
CherryxColoredxSkies
EvilMonique
Danny Worsnop
HeartShapedLocket
AshJRaj94
Hopeless-Romantic94 (new commenter)
HayItsAlliee (new commenter)
MusicalMasochrist
For commenting
New people Yey!!!