Status: Completed

Stealing Stars

Stupid Doesn't Cover It

I wake up the next morning with the most terrible headache that I’ve ever experienced. I’m still in my clothes from the night before and I’m tucked under my covers like a baby. I know I drank last night but I can’t remember how much. I can’t remember last night in full but I remember parts of it.

I remember Lola sassing me and Katia drinking like, four beers. I remember sitting with Blake drinking coffee and then I’m here. “God,” I mumble to myself as I crawl out of my bed.

I wobble as I walk towards my door but other than that I feel pretty okay. It’s a little too bright but I’m not dying. The kitchen clock reads 11:57. Well, I slept awhile.

“Morning Chan.” My mom says to me as she passes me as I grab the bowl for my cereal. “Sleep well?”

“Like a baby, “I tell her as I pour my cereal into the bowl.

Its three o’clock by the time I’m showered, dressed, and my eyes can see sunlight without making my head pound. I walk over and let myself into Blake’s backyard. I walk to the backdoor, knock like a person should but only wait a couple seconds before just barging in. He is in all probability just lying on his bed listening to music. Am I right? Oh yes, yes I am.

“Hey.” I say to him.

He looks up and me and smiles, “Feeling better?”

“Ha yeah, I am. The light doesn’t burn anymore.”

“That’s good.”

I leaning against the door frame and we have this little awkward moment but I need to thank him for taking me home.

“Thanks.” I say, “for last night, I mean.” I smile sheepishly because I know must have been hammered.

He looks very suspicious like I know something I shouldn’t. “You remember last night?” He seams very surprised. Yes, I was positively smashed.

“So I was really drunk last night?” I shake my head at my behavior. “No, I can’t remember everything only bits and pieces.”

“What do you remember?” He seam scared but also hopeful; this Blake confuses me more than usual.

“Going to the party, talking to Lola, Isabel being a bitch to me, and drinking coffee with you at the diner; it’s very confusing to me.”

“Well, it should be. I’m just glad you’re okay.” He smiles.

“That leads me to think I did something really stupid last night, did I?”

“Oh man, stupid doesn’t even cover it.”

“Oh God.” I cover my face with my hands. “What about you?”

“Me?”

“How much to drink did you have last night?”

“I didn’t have anything.”

“Nothing?” I ask him.

“Nothing, I was the designated driver because well, you are a great example.”

“Hey. Well, it’s true. Thanks again Blake. I mean it.”

“Chan, I’d do it all again for you.” He smiles at me with a smile that I’ve never seen before and I want to capture his face in my mind for all eternity.

“I’ve got to go home. Tomorrow’s Father’s Day. My dad said you’re welcome to come over—he’d love a present from you.” I smile at him as I know his mind goes to his dad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been forever. High school has given me heaps of homework =)